“Great place to live!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Commodore Inn The Grove

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Commodore Inn The Grove
You added Commodore Inn The Grove to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   3162 Commodore Plaza, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133   |
Ranked #2 of 35 Specialty Lodging in Miami
Chicago, Illinois
“Great place to live!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

In November 2011, I moved to Miami and lived in Commodore Inn for six months during my rotation. It was the best decision I could have made. Its location is extremely convenient with shopping, a wealth of restaurants and bars, a fitness center, convenience stores, a movie theater and the bay within a 5 minute walk. Within a 10 minute walk are two grocery stores.

Maggie, the general manager is awesome!1 I can honestly call her a friend. She is a great resource who is extremely caring and friendly. Her staff is wonderful! Anything I needed was attended to as quickly as possible.

Overall, this was a great experience and I had awesome neighbors. If I didn't have to move back to Chicago, I would still be calling Commodore Inn home.

Room Tip: Studios are pretty spacious!!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

My job was moved to the Miami area. While looking for permanent residence, we stayed at Commodore inn the Grove. It was great. Maggie was wonderful, and very helpful. The whole relocation process was made a lot easier because of Maggie and her staff. They all were friendly, helpful, knowledgable. Great experience.
If you are coming to Miami, I would highly recommend Commodore Inn the Grove.

• Stayed July 2012
CITG, General Manager at Commodore Inn The Grove, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you for the lovely review.
It was really nice meeting you and having you here.
I hope you had enough time to unpack and settle down in your new home. You were a really fun and nice family.
Looking forward to seeing you in the area, and please spread the word and tell your friends to come and stay with us!

Thank you for staying with us.
Almonte, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We thoroughly enjoy Coconut Grove as a location to visit in Miami. So we were happy to find the Commodore Inn. Maggie, the manager, was outstanding in every way. She always went the extra mile and her good humour was infectious. All the staff were excellent. The location could not have been better, and we enjoyed walking everywhere. Our two dogs were treated like princes. We had everything we needed and more...A great place, a great experience and a great value. Thank you Maggie!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
CITG, General Manager at Commodore Inn The Grove, responded to this review, April 29, 2012
Dear Sherry and Bob,

Thank you for your review.

It was really nice having you here.

As for Mr. Angus, "The protector of the world," and his nice brother, Mr. Charles, they both really were a joy! They won our hearts, from the moment they arrived to the day they left, it was a thrill! :-) We enjoyed having you here; super duper great puppies! It was also really nice to see you every day going for walk or to get a newspaper.

We hope you are enjoying your "new acquisition" and we wish to see you back soon. We would like to hear the news. We all miss you here.

The team… Belgica, Francisco, Julio and Maggie
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

In between relocating with work, I needed to find temporary accommodation in Miami for three months. After searching for furnished accommodation at a reasonable price, I fell upon Commodore Inn The Grove.

This place is outstanding. Not only is it safe, secure, clean and very convenient, Maggie is one in a million! She treated me (and my visitors) like first class hotel guests and friends throughout my stay.

I can guarantee that you will not find anything like this in Miami. Its an opportunity not to be missed!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
CITG, General Manager at Commodore Inn The Grove, responded to this review, November 20, 2011
Hi Joy,

I truly thank you for writing a review about us, it pleases us that you were happy with us. It was a top priority for us. We vow that "I" was going to look at every detail throughout your stay :)
We are really fortunate to have a great team. Our staff is fantastic!

I am glad that you enjoyed your visit, I can still remember your smile every time you pass by the lobby at my office and say hello.

Our “place” as you say is great, but you, our residents make it OUTSTANDING! It is the family atmosphere, the different feel that our building has, which makes it unique.
The Grove, our neighbors and our staff are a good combination in achieving this friendly and vibrant environment.

We look forward to seeing you sometime when you come to Miami for vacations or any other needs.
Thank you Joy, same to your family and friends,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide you with temporary accommodations.
See you soon, we hope is really sooooonnn :)

Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I have stayed twice in the Commodore Inn the Grove, the first time for work with my crew of 20 for about two months earlier this year, and the last time in september for few days on my own.
For work we normally look for places that offer comfort and safety but also if possible we look for a good location and some entertainment for our very diverse crew, here are some of the amenities we look for when accommodating crew: gym´s, tennis courts, bike routes, running paths, fishing, diving, dinning, etc.
What we found with Maggie at Commodore Inn was not just an exceptional up to date clean facility with spacious rooms & common areas, terraces, secure parking in one of the bests neighborhoods in the city. We also found in Maggie and her staff a full on concierge service, with details and contacts not just for the area but great knowledge of the hole region.

Among crew we all share the same felling about the Commodore Inn, Maggie was the greatest hostess, she was there for anything we needed, we all agree that on top of the great service the location was just what we needed, we couldn´t ask for better, entertainment, great out door & water activities, great restaurants, a short cab ride to any of the hot spots in Miami and most important the confort of felling at home was unbeatable.

This is why the next time I needed to be in Miami I called Maggie right away, I felt right back at home, for me the main concern was to be and feel safe while traveling alone, Commodore Inn offers this and much more. Definitely a place to come back to every time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Hi Lucia,
Thank you very much for such detail review.
It was really nice to have your team of over 20 members with us for those two months; I can tell you it was memorable, from the evening’s chats with Captain to the Chef little tips to improve my "bad cooking" :) ! it was a great, we spent lovely evenings with the group. It was pleasant to see team, as a hole a family.
Commodore Inn The Grove and our neigborhood, "The Grove", only getting better by the day. We are getting now a new developments two blocks away from us. It will bring us a large supermarket, retail stores, and much more. Indeed, Coconut Grove is the best location within Miami to go “walking” anywhere or like you say in a “cab ride”. The new bicycle rental place brought a new air to our village having bicycles’ and pedestrians alike strolling our friendly neighborhood.
We were happy to have you here again for the second time; we look forward seeing you soon, and next time, we hope to see you with the Team!
Thank you.
Belgica, Francisco, Julio, and Maggie
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I really recomend this place. Everything there is great, and the location is very good. Maggie the manager is a wonderful person, very helpful and always in a good mood. Excelent person. For sure I´m going to stay there again next time I go back to Miami.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
CITG, General Manager at Commodore Inn The Grove, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Hi Gabriela,

Thank you Grabriela for such a nice review.

It was great to see you; I had a blast with you and your mom.
I really enjoyed your visit and most of all I appreciated such a nice review.

I hope you were able to find all the items you were looking for and to finish all your purchases. Time is really short when we are enjoying our stay. This is what happens in Coconut Grove… too many places to go and too little time shop…

I hope to see you back soon, next time with the entire family!
Thank YOU!!!!!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I stayed there for 3 times in the same year, 2011.
In addition of being in a very well located place in Miami, in the heart of Coconut Grove, the whole stuff, primarily speaking of Maggie (the sweetest and very professional person, the best manager, very friendly and cute person) did everything for us to make our stay beyond of unforgetable.
I strongly recommend Commodore in the Grove as the best place to stay in Miami, unfortunatelly I probably mustn't stay there anymore - just because I now have my own apartment in Miami - :))), but for sure I will recomend the lodging not only to friends and family but as well for customers of the Consultancy company I currently work for (Hayman-Woodward Inc.).
Many thanks once again Maggie for being so attentive, helpful, friend and fofa! :))))
Beijos, Bela, Gui & Vida

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Bella, Gui, and VIDA…

It was so nice to see you all again!…

Thank you so much for your review.

It always makes us feel like were in “paradise” when we receive a new review; it is rewarding seeing our guest coming time after time and calling Commodore Inn The Grove, their home, but when a review gets posted it is a vitamin booster to all of us…especially for our staff. They are the deserving party .

Now that you finally became a permanent resident and a new neighbor we can have coffee once in a while, and I will see you more frequently. I love to see all of you and especially VIDA.

Like we have in our door, “You enter as a guest, you left as a friend”… but you went further you became a neighbor… welcome to THE GROVE!!

Bella, Happiness to all; enjoy your new home and congratulations in your new job.

See you around!!

Belgica, Francisco, Julio and Maggie

Been to Commodore Inn The Grove? Share your experiences!