“Great spot to stay in Miami” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Commodore Inn The Grove

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Commodore Inn The Grove
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   3162 Commodore Plaza, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133   |
Ranked #2 of 35 Specialty lodging in Miami
Almonte, Canada
“Great spot to stay in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We thoroughly enjoy Coconut Grove as a location to visit in Miami. So we were happy to find the Commodore Inn. Maggie, the manager, was outstanding in every way. She always went the extra mile and her good humour was infectious. All the staff were excellent. The location could not have been better, and we enjoyed walking everywhere. Our two dogs were treated like princes. We had everything we needed and more...A great place, a great experience and a great value. Thank you Maggie!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
CITG, General Manager at Commodore Inn The Grove, responded to this review, April 29, 2012
Dear Sherry and Bob,

Thank you for your review.

It was really nice having you here.

As for Mr. Angus, "The protector of the world," and his nice brother, Mr. Charles, they both really were a joy! They won our hearts, from the moment they arrived to the day they left, it was a thrill! :-) We enjoyed having you here; super duper great puppies! It was also really nice to see you every day going for walk or to get a newspaper.

We hope you are enjoying your "new acquisition" and we wish to see you back soon. We would like to hear the news. We all miss you here.

The team… Belgica, Francisco, Julio and Maggie

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

In between relocating with work, I needed to find temporary accommodation in Miami for three months. After searching for furnished accommodation at a reasonable price, I fell upon Commodore Inn The Grove.

This place is outstanding. Not only is it safe, secure, clean and very convenient, Maggie is one in a million! She treated me (and my visitors) like first class hotel guests and friends throughout my stay.

I can guarantee that you will not find anything like this in Miami. Its an opportunity not to be missed!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
CITG, General Manager at Commodore Inn The Grove, responded to this review, November 20, 2011
Hi Joy,

I truly thank you for writing a review about us, it pleases us that you were happy with us. It was a top priority for us. We vow that "I" was going to look at every detail throughout your stay :)
We are really fortunate to have a great team. Our staff is fantastic!

I am glad that you enjoyed your visit, I can still remember your smile every time you pass by the lobby at my office and say hello.

Our “place” as you say is great, but you, our residents make it OUTSTANDING! It is the family atmosphere, the different feel that our building has, which makes it unique.
The Grove, our neighbors and our staff are a good combination in achieving this friendly and vibrant environment.

We look forward to seeing you sometime when you come to Miami for vacations or any other needs.
Thank you Joy, same to your family and friends,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide you with temporary accommodations.
See you soon, we hope is really sooooonnn :)

Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2011

I have stayed twice in the Commodore Inn the Grove, the first time for work with my crew of 20 for about two months earlier this year, and the last time in september for few days on my own.
For work we normally look for places that offer comfort and safety but also if possible we look for a good location and some entertainment for our very diverse crew, here are some of the amenities we look for when accommodating crew: gym´s, tennis courts, bike routes, running paths, fishing, diving, dinning, etc.
What we found with Maggie at Commodore Inn was not just an exceptional up to date clean facility with spacious rooms & common areas, terraces, secure parking in one of the bests neighborhoods in the city. We also found in Maggie and her staff a full on concierge service, with details and contacts not just for the area but great knowledge of the hole region.

Among crew we all share the same felling about the Commodore Inn, Maggie was the greatest hostess, she was there for anything we needed, we all agree that on top of the great service the location was just what we needed, we couldn´t ask for better, entertainment, great out door & water activities, great restaurants, a short cab ride to any of the hot spots in Miami and most important the confort of felling at home was unbeatable.

This is why the next time I needed to be in Miami I called Maggie right away, I felt right back at home, for me the main concern was to be and feel safe while traveling alone, Commodore Inn offers this and much more. Definitely a place to come back to every time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Hi Lucia,
Thank you very much for such detail review.
It was really nice to have your team of over 20 members with us for those two months; I can tell you it was memorable, from the evening’s chats with Captain to the Chef little tips to improve my "bad cooking" :) ! it was a great, we spent lovely evenings with the group. It was pleasant to see team, as a hole a family.
Commodore Inn The Grove and our neigborhood, "The Grove", only getting better by the day. We are getting now a new developments two blocks away from us. It will bring us a large supermarket, retail stores, and much more. Indeed, Coconut Grove is the best location within Miami to go “walking” anywhere or like you say in a “cab ride”. The new bicycle rental place brought a new air to our village having bicycles’ and pedestrians alike strolling our friendly neighborhood.
We were happy to have you here again for the second time; we look forward seeing you soon, and next time, we hope to see you with the Team!
Thank you.
Belgica, Francisco, Julio, and Maggie
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I really recomend this place. Everything there is great, and the location is very good. Maggie the manager is a wonderful person, very helpful and always in a good mood. Excelent person. For sure I´m going to stay there again next time I go back to Miami.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
CITG, General Manager at Commodore Inn The Grove, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Hi Gabriela,

Thank you Grabriela for such a nice review.

It was great to see you; I had a blast with you and your mom.
I really enjoyed your visit and most of all I appreciated such a nice review.

I hope you were able to find all the items you were looking for and to finish all your purchases. Time is really short when we are enjoying our stay. This is what happens in Coconut Grove… too many places to go and too little time shop…

I hope to see you back soon, next time with the entire family!
Thank YOU!!!!!

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I stayed there for 3 times in the same year, 2011.
In addition of being in a very well located place in Miami, in the heart of Coconut Grove, the whole stuff, primarily speaking of Maggie (the sweetest and very professional person, the best manager, very friendly and cute person) did everything for us to make our stay beyond of unforgetable.
I strongly recommend Commodore in the Grove as the best place to stay in Miami, unfortunatelly I probably mustn't stay there anymore - just because I now have my own apartment in Miami - :))), but for sure I will recomend the lodging not only to friends and family but as well for customers of the Consultancy company I currently work for (Hayman-Woodward Inc.).
Many thanks once again Maggie for being so attentive, helpful, friend and fofa! :))))
Beijos, Bela, Gui & Vida

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Bella, Gui, and VIDA…

It was so nice to see you all again!…

Thank you so much for your review.

It always makes us feel like were in “paradise” when we receive a new review; it is rewarding seeing our guest coming time after time and calling Commodore Inn The Grove, their home, but when a review gets posted it is a vitamin booster to all of us…especially for our staff. They are the deserving party .

Now that you finally became a permanent resident and a new neighbor we can have coffee once in a while, and I will see you more frequently. I love to see all of you and especially VIDA.

Like we have in our door, “You enter as a guest, you left as a friend”… but you went further you became a neighbor… welcome to THE GROVE!!

Bella, Happiness to all; enjoy your new home and congratulations in your new job.

See you around!!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

I was a guest at Commodore Inn for 45 days. The staff is fantastic. Maggie is the best manager I have ever seen at a hotel. She is on top of everything and provides over the top service that you would expect but never get from a hotel like the Marriot or The Hilton. The area is great, although at night on weekends it can be a little noisy. There are movie theaters, restaurants, and small stores throughout the neighborhood. As for the rooms the free Internet was great!! The kitchen was very useful and having a wash machine and dryer in the room made life much easier. Free HBO and cable too!! The only suggestion or change I would make is updating the TV's in the room to flat pannel hi-def. Over all I enjoyed my experience and I hope to return to the Grove and Commodore Inn for a visit someday. Thank you Maggie and crew!!

Room Tip: away from the street will be quieter
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
CITG, General Manager at Commodore Inn The Grove, responded to this review, September 25, 2011
Thank you JV, for your review! It was really nice to see you enjoyed your stay with us.

You gave us a great review; put us at the top of the list. When someone says something like you said below, I take it very serious.

“She is on top of everything and provides over the top service that you would expect but never get from a hotel like the Marriot or The Hilton.”

I have 3 people in the Team, actually two. Belgica and Francisco, as Julio is part of the office in accounting (21 years in the team); Belgica and Francisco they are our “masters”. Belgica (12 years in the team) and Francisco (21 years in the team), they are the heart of Commodore Inn The Grove. I just provide training and some guidance for our team. I give them tools to work; they work in maintenance and housekeeping. They are the heart of the building. They run the show and they do it almost synchronized and alone. They have worked many years together, they are dedicated, and they are the best at what they do. We are fortunate to have a skillful team.

On the contrary JV, it's " YOU", our guest, that makes it easier for us.
It is such a joy to come to the building, to the office. Every day is a different adventure; we meet different guests, from different cultures, we share experiences, family life, work life, see photos, relocation, your new home, to assist with office needs, to print something, it is FUN! Thank you for allowing us to be there for you.

As you mentioned, our internet was fast, now it is lighting fast. From 20MB we bumped up to 50MB, I can’t wait until you return and try it. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. The apartments are fully furnished, and set up for long term; as you said all the kitchens completely equipped with all major appliances, absolutely.

Coconut Grove is a live neighborhood, some weekends more exciting than others, and with almost 50 restaurants and coffee shops within walking distance, shopping centers, supermarkets, marina, the bay is a block away from us, there is always something happening in The Grove- we are the Beat of Miami; this is the beauty of being at the center of everything, just minutes from anywhere in Miami.

We are looking forward to seeing you again on your next business trip, or vacations to Miami. We will be waiting for you, with your new high speed internet, and next time with a flat panel TVs. Bring your family and we will make sure to accommodate you even better than this time. You will be surprised!

See you soon, Thank you,

Regards, Belgica, Francisco, Julio, and Maggie.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011 via mobile

On a wing and a prayer I accepted a contract posion and made the decision to relocate to Miami in June of 2010. At the time of my move I had just the bare essentials and my cat in tow since it was contract (temporary) at the time. I was staying at a hotel in the area, nice but not a very nice location. Through a web search I found this gem called the Commodore Inn. It was just what I needed; furnished, secure, parking, and importantly accepted pets.
I made an appointment to view an apartment and upon my first meeting with Maggie I knew this was home! She made the whole process easy and painless. She listened to my needs and made me an offer I couldn't resist. All of this while she herself was planning an extended leave, she made my needs hers. No complaints. No hesitation.
HOME! I moved in shortly after and stayed for nine months. During the nine months there were a ton of changes in my life and through most of them Maggie was in her office to tell her about them. She was tour guide, advisor, translator, babysitter, and cheerleader. She and the whole staff at CIATG were welcoming and helpful and went out of their way to help whenever wherever possible.
I not only would recommend this place I would "bet the farm" that you will not find a better place to stay or a better group of individuals to welcome you to Miami.
BTW...thank you Maggie!!
Anne, Lilly, and Katie.

• Stayed October 2010
Anne, Katie, and my God- Lilly!!

When I read your review, in a short sentence, I was so happy and surprised. I cried and I laugh; I was deeply touched.

You could not describe better what we do here. Not only that, it has been more than one year since you moved, and you remembered us! how can I respond to your review without getting emotional?

Thank you Anne: more than a year after your stay, you wrote a review for us; you really caught us by surprise!You described truthfully and to detail everything we do, from beginning to end.

The streets of Coconut Grove, the apartment, our first meeting, your work schedule, the arrival of our precious Lilly after the holidays, so many things came about during your stay.

The sad part is that we are an Apart-Hotel as a Corporate Housing, we do Short Rentals. All our guests, at one point or another, leave. You stayed nine months, until you found a permanent place. We are happy you stayed with us. Most of all, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We were delighted and pleased to meet you.

We thank you for such a wonderful review, and we all sure miss you. Belgica, Julio, Francisco, and Maggie.

Been to Commodore Inn The Grove? Share your experiences!