“Excellent place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Commodore Inn The Grove

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Prices are for rooms, adults
Commodore Inn The Grove
Save Saved
You added Commodore Inn The Grove to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   3162 Commodore Plaza, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133   |
Ranked #2 of 35 Specialty Lodging in Miami
Sao Paulo, SP
“Excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I really recomend this place. Everything there is great, and the location is very good. Maggie the manager is a wonderful person, very helpful and always in a good mood. Excelent person. For sure I´m going to stay there again next time I go back to Miami.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
CITG, General Manager at Commodore Inn The Grove, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Hi Gabriela,

Thank you Grabriela for such a nice review.

It was great to see you; I had a blast with you and your mom.
I really enjoyed your visit and most of all I appreciated such a nice review.

I hope you were able to find all the items you were looking for and to finish all your purchases. Time is really short when we are enjoying our stay. This is what happens in Coconut Grove… too many places to go and too little time shop…

I hope to see you back soon, next time with the entire family!
Thank YOU!!!!!

Belgica, Francisco, Julio and Maggie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

I stayed there for 3 times in the same year, 2011.
In addition of being in a very well located place in Miami, in the heart of Coconut Grove, the whole stuff, primarily speaking of Maggie (the sweetest and very professional person, the best manager, very friendly and cute person) did everything for us to make our stay beyond of unforgetable.
I strongly recommend Commodore in the Grove as the best place to stay in Miami, unfortunatelly I probably mustn't stay there anymore - just because I now have my own apartment in Miami - :))), but for sure I will recomend the lodging not only to friends and family but as well for customers of the Consultancy company I currently work for (Hayman-Woodward Inc.).
Many thanks once again Maggie for being so attentive, helpful, friend and fofa! :))))
Beijos, Bela, Gui & Vida

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Bella, Gui, and VIDA…

It was so nice to see you all again!…

Thank you so much for your review.

It always makes us feel like were in “paradise” when we receive a new review; it is rewarding seeing our guest coming time after time and calling Commodore Inn The Grove, their home, but when a review gets posted it is a vitamin booster to all of us…especially for our staff. They are the deserving party .

Now that you finally became a permanent resident and a new neighbor we can have coffee once in a while, and I will see you more frequently. I love to see all of you and especially VIDA.

Like we have in our door, “You enter as a guest, you left as a friend”… but you went further you became a neighbor… welcome to THE GROVE!!

Bella, Happiness to all; enjoy your new home and congratulations in your new job.

See you around!!

Belgica, Francisco, Julio and Maggie
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

I was a guest at Commodore Inn for 45 days. The staff is fantastic. Maggie is the best manager I have ever seen at a hotel. She is on top of everything and provides over the top service that you would expect but never get from a hotel like the Marriot or The Hilton. The area is great, although at night on weekends it can be a little noisy. There are movie theaters, restaurants, and small stores throughout the neighborhood. As for the rooms the free Internet was great!! The kitchen was very useful and having a wash machine and dryer in the room made life much easier. Free HBO and cable too!! The only suggestion or change I would make is updating the TV's in the room to flat pannel hi-def. Over all I enjoyed my experience and I hope to return to the Grove and Commodore Inn for a visit someday. Thank you Maggie and crew!!

Room Tip: away from the street will be quieter
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
CITG, General Manager at Commodore Inn The Grove, responded to this review, September 25, 2011
Thank you JV, for your review! It was really nice to see you enjoyed your stay with us.

You gave us a great review; put us at the top of the list. When someone says something like you said below, I take it very serious.

“She is on top of everything and provides over the top service that you would expect but never get from a hotel like the Marriot or The Hilton.”

I have 3 people in the Team, actually two. Belgica and Francisco, as Julio is part of the office in accounting (21 years in the team); Belgica and Francisco they are our “masters”. Belgica (12 years in the team) and Francisco (21 years in the team), they are the heart of Commodore Inn The Grove. I just provide training and some guidance for our team. I give them tools to work; they work in maintenance and housekeeping. They are the heart of the building. They run the show and they do it almost synchronized and alone. They have worked many years together, they are dedicated, and they are the best at what they do. We are fortunate to have a skillful team.

On the contrary JV, it's " YOU", our guest, that makes it easier for us.
It is such a joy to come to the building, to the office. Every day is a different adventure; we meet different guests, from different cultures, we share experiences, family life, work life, see photos, relocation, your new home, to assist with office needs, to print something, it is FUN! Thank you for allowing us to be there for you.

As you mentioned, our internet was fast, now it is lighting fast. From 20MB we bumped up to 50MB, I can’t wait until you return and try it. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. The apartments are fully furnished, and set up for long term; as you said all the kitchens completely equipped with all major appliances, absolutely.

Coconut Grove is a live neighborhood, some weekends more exciting than others, and with almost 50 restaurants and coffee shops within walking distance, shopping centers, supermarkets, marina, the bay is a block away from us, there is always something happening in The Grove- we are the Beat of Miami; this is the beauty of being at the center of everything, just minutes from anywhere in Miami.

We are looking forward to seeing you again on your next business trip, or vacations to Miami. We will be waiting for you, with your new high speed internet, and next time with a flat panel TVs. Bring your family and we will make sure to accommodate you even better than this time. You will be surprised!

See you soon, Thank you,

Regards, Belgica, Francisco, Julio, and Maggie.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011 via mobile

On a wing and a prayer I accepted a contract posion and made the decision to relocate to Miami in June of 2010. At the time of my move I had just the bare essentials and my cat in tow since it was contract (temporary) at the time. I was staying at a hotel in the area, nice but not a very nice location. Through a web search I found this gem called the Commodore Inn. It was just what I needed; furnished, secure, parking, and importantly accepted pets.
I made an appointment to view an apartment and upon my first meeting with Maggie I knew this was home! She made the whole process easy and painless. She listened to my needs and made me an offer I couldn't resist. All of this while she herself was planning an extended leave, she made my needs hers. No complaints. No hesitation.
HOME! I moved in shortly after and stayed for nine months. During the nine months there were a ton of changes in my life and through most of them Maggie was in her office to tell her about them. She was tour guide, advisor, translator, babysitter, and cheerleader. She and the whole staff at CIATG were welcoming and helpful and went out of their way to help whenever wherever possible.
I not only would recommend this place I would "bet the farm" that you will not find a better place to stay or a better group of individuals to welcome you to Miami.
BTW...thank you Maggie!!
Anne, Lilly, and Katie.

• Stayed October 2010
Anne, Katie, and my God- Lilly!!

When I read your review, in a short sentence, I was so happy and surprised. I cried and I laugh; I was deeply touched.

You could not describe better what we do here. Not only that, it has been more than one year since you moved, and you remembered us! how can I respond to your review without getting emotional?

Thank you Anne: more than a year after your stay, you wrote a review for us; you really caught us by surprise!You described truthfully and to detail everything we do, from beginning to end.

The streets of Coconut Grove, the apartment, our first meeting, your work schedule, the arrival of our precious Lilly after the holidays, so many things came about during your stay.

The sad part is that we are an Apart-Hotel as a Corporate Housing, we do Short Rentals. All our guests, at one point or another, leave. You stayed nine months, until you found a permanent place. We are happy you stayed with us. Most of all, we are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We were delighted and pleased to meet you.

We thank you for such a wonderful review, and we all sure miss you. Belgica, Julio, Francisco, and Maggie.
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed for two months, over the summer, the unit was spacious, clean and very well maintained by a very effcient staff.
Maggie, the manager, a wonderful person, very professional and friendly, did everything to make our stay unforgettable.
Everything was beyond our expectations and we surely will be coming back soon and highly recommend to stay here. It is an excellent address, very well located, in the heart of Coconut Grove and once again with an exceptional manager.
Thanks again Maggie for everything you did for us to enjoy our stay and see you soon.
Angela, Bernard and Ari

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Angie, Bernard, and Ari, it was great having you here.

Thank you for such a wonderful review.

Congratulations on having such a lovely family.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

It was really nice seeing you all together. We really look forward to seeing you all next year.

It was really nice to see Ari’s surprise when he saw my aquarium at my office; I hope he got his set up; he is a great child.

Angie, this was team work. As always, I share all reviews with them, as I am only their face. They are the one that earned these merits for all of us.

Thank you from Belgica, Francisco, Julio, and Maggie.

See you all next year, we’ll celebrate someone’s Bday again!!
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

y was very well treated, the room and other facilities are great.the serviçe in general is excelent.the key of your full sucess is ¨Magali¨she is brilhant in all items.always whith a smile to serve you. my concratulations, for have a person in your staff like she.
jacob licht.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
CITG, General Manager at Commodore Inn The Grove, responded to this review, August 6, 2011
Jacob, it was an honor having you with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our location and facilities in deed are in a prime location, Coconut Grove is a great place to shop, dine and walk around, the neighborhood is self-contained, no need for a vehicle. In your own words as you taught me in Portuguese, “Custo & Benefício” I will never forget that! Yes Commodore, we are an Apart-Hotel, a Specialty Lodging, that meets all your needs! ….and the cooking pots are under the oven :-)

The service you received is the fusion of our team with more than two decades working side by side. Belgica, Francisco, Julio and I we work together, to serve you, it was them not me, the ones that provided you with the service you mentioned, I was only fortunate to meet you and I thank you for sharing your wisdom.

We look forward to seeing in September.
Commodore’s Team and Maggie.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Me and my family found the Commodore Inn as a great place to be, our room was really big and confortable. The service was great and the location is one of the best in South Miami. Coconut Grove has many things to do, you can eat, you can buy, you can walk on the beautifull streets.
Thanks Maggie for your service, we feel like at home. We definitely will come back.

Natalia, Emma y Hernán.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Nati, Hernan, Emma!
We are happy that you were pleased and you felt at home. Thank you.

When I read your review the first thing it came to my mind was Emma asking for “cereales” :-). What we miss the most is Emma. Every time she visits my office, her shy and sweet voice, reaches out for my candy jar of “cereales”, and of course her favorite cereals “MM’s”
Nati, Hernan, you have a wonderful family, Emma is lovely! We look forward to seeing you back; we are here to help you. Our “cereals MM's”, Belgica, Francisco, Julio and I are waiting for you.

Thank you for such a wonderful review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay.
Commodore’s Team and Maggie.
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Commodore Inn The Grove? Share your experiences!