“Perfect afternoon” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 178 activities in Miami
Type: Boat Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: There is no better place in the world to sail than here on Biscayne Bay. Each winter, Biscayne Bay gets overrun with sailors from all over the world who come here to take advantage of the fair breezes, moderate temperatures and beautiful waters.
Norwich, Vermont
“Perfect afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I wanted to do something special with my teen age daughter and this was it! We had a wonderful afternoon with Captain Nino and first mate Mabel. It was incredibly relaxing and beautiful.

10 attraction reviews
“Worth Every Penny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Wonderful experience and great way to start your stay in Miami. These folks bend over back-wards for you to ensure you have an awesome time. The boat is wonderful, and the small groups make for a fun and intimate adventure. If you don't like small groups, you can always book a private sailing. Highly recommend to everyone visiting. DO THIS. You won't regret it.

Capitola, California
“the best thing we did while visiting florida :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My husband and I recently returned from a trip to the Keys and Miami and we both have such fond memories of sailing on biscayne bay! We decided towards the last minute to book a private sailing tour with Luis and Mabel (April 2013) and it was the best thing we did. Was perfect to get away for a while from the craziness that is south beach and sail out on the bay and spend some time together on the water in the sun. we booked a three hour sail and sailed out to the no name harbor where we dropped anchor and had a great falafel lunch complete with a delicious mango salsa, chips and apples slices...we also went swimming in the harbor and the setting was so peaceful to float around and enjoy the sunshine and a corona or two for my husband ;) the classic sail boat has a section in the front with a spot perfect for a couple to lounge and sit to enjoy the ocean and take it all in....in the back of the boat there is seating near the captain perfect for having lunch getting some shade and having a chat with the two hosts and hearing stories about the area...for my husband and I have who have both never sailed before it was such an enjoyable trip we can't wait to go again and will certainly try to book a second longer sail next time we visit! Apart from the perfect weather we had and the great food and relaxing ambiance of the sail boat Luis and Mabel are such friendly gracious hosts, I am pregnant and Mabel made sure to check the winds before our trip to make sure it wasn't going to be rough, which it was not at all, Mabel also took some photos of us while we were sailing which is part of a tour package and it was the perfect touch to have some memories of our trip and capture the moment...Overall cannot recommend this trip more, if you come to the Keys/Miami area and love the ocean and are looking for something more than the average speed boat trip on the bay ...you cannot miss this :)

Miami, Florida
“Great sailing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We had originally gotten this experience as a wedding gift. I went with my husband and had an amazing time. The sailboat is located in the gorgeous coconut grove marina. The captain Luis and his wife Mabel who is his first mate were absolutely wonderful. They are so nice and very personable. Its refreshing to see a company well run with great customer service. They provide soft drinks and snacks while we took our bottle of wine. The boat fits six and we were lucky enough to have amazing company! We went at 6 in the afternoon so we were able to see the sunset that was spectacular. All in all it was an amazing experience. One that I will be repeating and recommending to all my friends and family!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Wonderful afternoon!! Went beyond espectations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

A big thank you to Luis & Mabel for giving a us a wonderful afternoon.
Great pictures, good snacks and drinks, perfect day!
My husband and his family were amaze thanks to you!
Best decision ever!!
Maria Marquez!

Visited March 2013

Been to Sailing on Biscayne Bay? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Sailing on Biscayne Bay, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.