“Unforgettable trip into unspoilt nature” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 176 activities in Miami
Type: Boat Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: At Everglades Birding,Capt. Dave Hunt, a certified Florida Master Naturalist, will take you on a unique journey where you'll see a wide array of birds living and feeding in their natural coastal habitat within Everglades National Park which is one of the top 10 birding locations in the World, according to many sources.
London, United Kingdom
“Unforgettable trip into unspoilt nature”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

If you love nature and want to explore the everglades far from the crowds, Captain Dave is the man to go to! His knowledge of the area and his pleasure to share it with you are amazing and you will have the best day ever, whether you want to observe birds, discover the natural habitat of marine mammals or just want to explore unspoilt nature! Captain Dave will take you out into the shallow water of Florida Bay in his boat and show you wildlife at its best- among many other things, we saw nesting brown pelicans, a pair of bald eagles and the absolute highlight- feeding bottlenose dolphins! So whether you are a birdie or not, go out with Captain Dave and you will have an unforgettable day out!

San Anselmo, California
“Birding Everglades National Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I had a fantastic day touring the park with Captain David. We saw an amazing amount of birds and marine mammals. He is an incredible guide with an amazing amount of knowledge. I would suggest this trip for anyone wanting to see and explore the park. Go and enjoy.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Fantastic birding trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I went out with Capt. Dave and had an amazing trip. We went out into Floriday Bay on his boat to locations I would not have been able to reach on my own. He scheduled it so we would reach the mud flats at low tide when the birds were out feeding. We saw almost 50 species of birds on this trip, including many new ones for my life list. Dave is very knowledgeable about identifying the birds you are likely to see, and he knew where to take me to maximize our time. He was friendly, and even provided lunch and water for us. I would definitely recommend going out with him.

Sonoma, California
“Captain Dave Makes Bird Sleuthing Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Cruising the backwaters of the Everglades with the personable Captain Dave was a day very well spent. His knowledge of birds and how to find them is amazing. Photography wise, he knew how to position and move the boat again and again to allow us to capture the best images. He found us many new birds and even an osprey on a nest with a chick. Most amazingly, Dave recognized a pod of dolphins corralling mullot fish to pop up and eat like popcorn 3 times.

In summary, Captain Dave's willingness to go the extra mile was greatly appreciated by both of us.

Visited February 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
“Wow - not to be forgotten trip through the Everglades!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Ever since I was a child, I wanted to visit the Everglades. So when a last minute work trip to Southern Florida cropped up, I decided to fly in early, and finally visit. Even though I called on very short notice, Dave rearranged his schedule to guide me through the Park. And what a tour it was – truly an unforgettable experience. Dave used his knowledge of the Park to find hidden gems and treasures. I saw things in 5 hours that I had never before seen in my life. Dave is a true professional – easy going and knowledgeable. I won't wait this long to revisit the Everglades -- I plan to be out on Dave’s boat again. Don’t pass up an opportunity to see the park with Dave!

Visited February 2013

Been to Everglades Birding - Private Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Everglades Birding - Private Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later