“Captain Dave Makes Bird Sleuthing Fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 176 activities in Miami
Type: Boat Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: At Everglades Birding,Capt. Dave Hunt, a certified Florida Master Naturalist, will take you on a unique journey where you'll see a wide array of birds living and feeding in their natural coastal habitat within Everglades National Park which is one of the top 10 birding locations in the World, according to many sources.
Sonoma, California
“Captain Dave Makes Bird Sleuthing Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Cruising the backwaters of the Everglades with the personable Captain Dave was a day very well spent. His knowledge of birds and how to find them is amazing. Photography wise, he knew how to position and move the boat again and again to allow us to capture the best images. He found us many new birds and even an osprey on a nest with a chick. Most amazingly, Dave recognized a pod of dolphins corralling mullot fish to pop up and eat like popcorn 3 times.

In summary, Captain Dave's willingness to go the extra mile was greatly appreciated by both of us.

Alexandria, Virginia
“Wow - not to be forgotten trip through the Everglades!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Ever since I was a child, I wanted to visit the Everglades. So when a last minute work trip to Southern Florida cropped up, I decided to fly in early, and finally visit. Even though I called on very short notice, Dave rearranged his schedule to guide me through the Park. And what a tour it was – truly an unforgettable experience. Dave used his knowledge of the Park to find hidden gems and treasures. I saw things in 5 hours that I had never before seen in my life. Dave is a true professional – easy going and knowledgeable. I won't wait this long to revisit the Everglades -- I plan to be out on Dave’s boat again. Don’t pass up an opportunity to see the park with Dave!

Brooklyn, New York
“Fantastic Florida Bay Custom Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

After calling around to book a private birding/boating tour of Florida Bay, I ended up going with Dave Hunt after speaking with him on the phone -- it just felt like the right fit. I was absolutely correct. Dave was genial, professional, courteous, and completely at ease with the area; all of which put me at ease, too. Together, we designed a 5-hour excursion that included the places I knew I wanted to go as well as a few of Dave's excellent suggestions. I felt like I was in capable hands, learned so much, and overall had a terrific experience. Highly recommended and worth every penny.

Flossmoor, Illinois
“Magical Experience-Birding with Capt Dave Hunt”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I am Judy from Chicago-
A friend and I birded with Dave Hunt recently on a trip to the Everglades. We found his site on the internet and were hoping he'd live up to his claims. He surpassed all expectations-the experience was nothing short of magical.
Dave met us before dawn at a gas station in Homestead. We followed him to the park entrance. Then, we parked and he drove the 35+miles to Flamingo. During the ride, he explained how the geology and climate have shaped the area. He knows the area very well.
We spent the day on his boat in the Bay of Florida, Lake Ingraham and the surrounding channels. Dave was very professional, warm, knowledgeable and safety minded. He timed the day so that the tidal changes would produce the mudflats where hundreds of birds gathered, and he knew where specific birds would most likely be found. Dave got us as close to the birds and animals as possible, but was very respectful to not disturb them.
Magical moments included the reddish egret's dancing (which Dave got in the scope he provided), mudflats so teeming with birds that I was overwhelmed, bottle-nosed dolphins circle fishing, and salt water crocodiles sunning on the banks.
Dave was generous with his information, energy and time.
It was a perfect day.
In short, I would recommend Dave without reservation. You will not be disappointed.

Ottawa, Canada
8 attraction reviews
“Exceptional Everglades Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My father is a bird lover and amateur wild life photographer, and while visiting Florida we arranged a private 5 hour birdwatching tour in the Everglades for him as a birthday gift. I can't thank Captain Dave Hunt enough. He made it the experience of the lifetime for my father! Although I did not go on the trip, I made all the arrangements and Capt. Dave and his wife, Cindy were wonderful to deal with. They responded to my emails immediately and were very professional, helpful and accomodating. As for the bird tour itself, my dad came back grinning from ear to ear! He said Capt. Dave was a wonderful guide, very knowledgeable and friendly, and they saw an incredible variety and number of birds. What most thrilled my dad, however, was the fact that Capt. Dave was just as excited as my father whenever they spotted wildlife. Dave obviously loves nature and animals and this sn't just a job for him. He truly loves the Everglades and what he is doing and it is reflected in the experience he provides.

Visited January 2013
CMRussell, wife at Everglades Birding - Private Tours, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. Dave enjoys his time on the water with enthusiastic customers and is very happy he could be a part of your father's birthday present.

Been to Everglades Birding - Private Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Everglades Birding - Private Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later