“THE HOTEL & FRONT DESK WAS AMAZING!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #32 of 130 hotels in Miami
washington
“THE HOTEL & FRONT DESK WAS AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

I Arrived at the airport in the evening and called for the hotel for shuttle pick-up from the airport. Within 2 rings i was greeted by Jessica (who was very friendly and by her voice i could tell she was smiling as she was speaking to me which was very delightful) she told me EXACTLY where to wait for my pick-up and had the driver Omar over to get me within 15 minutes!! On the way to the hotel omar the driver informed me that he could take me and my husband to eat at an Italian restaurant free of charge which was excellent called (Anacapri by Bellacapri). Omar was able to drop us off and pick us up when we called to be taken back to the hotel which was wonderful.

When we arrived at the desk upon check in and the young lady Jessica was very professional. She greeted us with a smile was so friendly answering all our questions about miami and the hotel like a pro!! Jessica is a great addition to the staff there at the Springhill Suites and i believe she should be rewarded for her generosity with the guests and not to mention she has amazing hospitality skills as well. I would hope management takes the time to read this and realize what great staff they have working for them.

Omar and Jessica are what make this hotel run smoothly and what will have me and everyone back at home coming to this hotel for years to come! I look foward to coming back in the future.

- Maria & Brandon

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
SHSMIA, Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, August 23, 2010
We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South. We alway appreciate your kind words about Jessica an Omar's service. We hope to see you again very soon and demonstrating our commitment to delivering outstan ding service and value.

491 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

I recently stayed at this property with my bestfriend over my birthday weekend May 7-9 and had a blast. I checked in at about 8pm and there was no wait, the front desk agent Jessica was so helpful and accomodating. Upon arrival I needed a toothbrush and toothpaste which was provided without a problem. She also overheard me say it was my bithday and she wished me happy birthday and I went off to my room. Within Fifteen minutes after we arrived to the room the phone rang and it was Jessica calling to see how everything in the room was, which I replied was GREAT! I heard a knock at the door a few minutes later and to my suprise it was Jessica from the front desk with a birthday cake for me. I was so happy as this was the nicest thing a total stranger had done for me EVER! From that point on things were looking up, and over my stay I had no problems or complaints. I left miami feeling pleased with the decision I made for hotel accomodations and will never forget the level of service Jessica provided. Certainly the best stay and service ever! I also wanted to add that the free parking and free internet was a great touch, they also have a complimentary breakfast and an airport shuttle. With all the free extras it helps when your spending $50-$75 on a South Beach lunch or dinner!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South and that Jessica helped you celebrate your birthday while being away from home and loved ones. We hope to see you again very soon and demonstrating our commitment to delivering outstanding service and value.

Hinsdale, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

Generally, my experience was what I had expected for the price during the high season in Miami. We used this hotel to stay ahead of our cruise which was the next day - they had a rate that included transportation to the cruise terminal and included breakfast which was attractive to us.

The shuttle driver “Omar” was great and picked us up at the airport promptly. In addition, he was able to shuttle us both ways to a local restaurant for the evening (the hotel has no capacity of lunch and dinner dining). There really is nothing in walking distance of this hotel – everything is a short shuttle ride. The staffs at the front desk were very accommodating and courteous.

The rooms were very clean and the beds very comfortable – rooms were available upon arrival.

For all of the above reasons, I will give this a favorable review.

Areas of concern or needs improvement:
There was a local “music festival” going on during our stay. It appeared that the rooms were packed with maximum occupancy (if not more) and they all showed up for breakfast at the same time in the morning (around the 9:00 AM hour). The lines for the breakfast were longer than I would have liked and it put pressure on the staff to put out a sub-standard self-serve breakfast. In fact, the eggs were COLD. No worry though as there was plenty of other items to eat.

In addition, the pool area had some garbage that could have been thrown out (although the water and pool were fine) and when I went into the workout facility someone had left their plate of chicken bones on one of the chairs. I really don’t blame the hotel for this, as I think there were a bunch of slobs attending this music festival who just were to lazy to clean up after themselves. It’s not the Ritz, and they don’t have the staff there to do hourly clean up of these areas, so my headline comment is you get what you pay for here.

Overall, I think I would give this hotel another shot, and the most important items of clean rooms and friendly staff were fulfilled.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2010

We had a brief stay that required quick transport between MIA airport and our hotel for two nights (one on the way in, and one on the way home). This hotel was perfect for our needs. The staff was very sensitive to our requests (crib, bedding, a room away from noise). On our second stay, we actually requested to change rooms because the initial one we arrived in had been cleaned so recently that the smell was a little strong... "no problem". We want to especially give a "shout out" to George, the shuttle driver, who took us to CVS pharmacy to fill a Rx for our daughter. Staff was all lovely to us. This is a perfect place to stay if you need close access to the airport!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
SHSMIA, Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, August 3, 2010
On behalf of the entire SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South we would like to thank your for your comments. I am happy to read that you and your entire family enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to seeing you and your family in the near future, and to once again show you our commitment to delivering outstanding service and value.

Oceanside, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2010

Fortunately, we only had to stay one night and here's what we didn't like:

1) very isolated location (no restaurants or bars within walking distance)
2) no restaurants or bars on the premises (small grocery store ) if that's what you want to call it behind check-in counter
3) dirty carpets (make sure and wear your shoes or flip flops in your room)
4) host of bugs on counter by kitchen sink
5) dried food stuck to walls
6) sticky floors in bathroom (again wear something on your feet)
7) unhelpful or not very bright male staff working in the AM - thank heavens for the nice young lady who was able to give me directions to Embassy Suites to get our rental car
8) Ridiculously expensive!

Bottom line is this hotel does not fit with the Marriott brand name. I would encourage everyone to look for other options. It's a few miles further but I would definitely stay at The Blue in Doral. Our personal ranking: Spring Hill "1", The Blue "10" and The Blue was cheaper!

Steve Bagby and Amy Radtke

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
SHSMIA, G. Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, February 25, 2010
On behalf of the staff and myself, I would like you to know that we regret any inconvenience you experienced. Please be assured that we have taken the necessary steps to ensure that similar situations do not occur in the future.
We value your business and hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence in the near future and show you our commitment to delivering outstanding service.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2010

Although none of us got our healthy amount of sleep because we were in Miami, beds were still comfy, the breakfast was great, and their front desk was always helpful for us.

Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
On behalf of the entire team at the SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South we want to thank you for your comments.
We look forward to seeing you in the future, and demonstrating our commitment to delivering outstanding service and value.

puerto rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

My check-in was quick. The staff were helpful and very friendly

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South? Share your experiences!