“Iguanas for Breakfast, anyone? ” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #28 of 115 Hotels in Miami
Syracuse, New York
“Iguanas for Breakfast, anyone? ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed a week while dropping son off to University of Miami. Room was average but allowed 4 people to sleep comfortably with 2 beds and pull out couch. Location is secluded and not within walking distance to anything. Carpet in room was pretty stained but the beds were decent. Breakfast was overcrowded every morning and they need to create a toast station away from buffet line to allow for better movement. Hotel is on a small lake and there were several large iguanas on the patio every morning begging for scraps which was kind of cool for northerners who've never seen one. Overall a clean, decent place for the money; just not around anything and the immediate neighborhood was not a nice area. Mainly Spanish speaking area and difficult with language barrier to navigate and order food. There's better places in Coral Gables area that felt safer.

Stayed August 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel staff here was very friendly and accommodating. We had an issue with our room the first night and they took very good care of us.

I would have given them a 5 but the breakfast was not very good. It was the same thing everyday. It would be nice to have some variety when you are staying in a place for a week. Having said that it was also the busiest Springhill Suites breakfast area I had been to.

The overall stay was very good.

Stayed August 2015, traveled with friends
SHSMIA, Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Good Morrning,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us about you stay, we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. As it goes for breakfast there is a standard we need to follow as a Springhill Suites propery, we apologize.

Veronica Cardenas
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked a room for five persons and I got it, but for handicapped. I called from the airport to ask for the schedule of the shuttle, nobody replied even though I called 3 times, using expensive roaming service from a phone company from other country, finally had to wait till they appeared. Asked for a safe as soon as I arrived, but they did no have a single box to keep my valuables, as a matter of fact they neve had one during my five days stay, so I had to carry cash, debit cards, credit cards, checks, jewels, during my stay in Miami. The room was large enough for the 5 of us, two twin beds, and a large sofa bed, a tiny fridge and a small microwave, but no containers to put anything to heat. My nasal allergy let me know the room was not properly cleaned as soon as I put my first foot inside the room, but worst of all the toilet was clogged and stayed clogged during the whole stay because all they did when I asked for help was to give me a manual uncloging devise of the type for home use, this is a help yourself facility. If you want to have your breakfast without having to make large lines even for coffee you´d better show up at the breakfast area at 6:30 am sharp every day or at 7 the weekend. If you go latter you´d better use the emergency stairs because the elevators, are going to be full until about 10 am. The price is reasonable if you want to take all that stress. I understand this is a category 8 hotel within the Marriott rating, how did they get such a high rating is a mystery to me. Wifi is ok and free.

Room Tip: For accesibility to breakfast lower floors are better
Good Afternoon,

On behalf of the entire staff we would like to apologize about not being able to meet our goal of providing an excellent stay for our guest. We have taking your concerns into consideration and are working on bettering our guest stays.

Veronica Cardenas
St. Petersburg, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is by far the filthiest hotel I have been in for quite a while. Walking around my room in a pair of white socks, the bottoms of my socks were black when I took them off. Bathroom smelled awful. Trash in the halls and in the elevator. Staying here was an uncomfortable and awkward experience - the entrance of the hotel is difficult to get to and cramped for unloading luggage, the rooms are poorly designed and equipped. We were booked for three nights and left after one. Would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
SHSMIA, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Good Morning,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Springhill Suites Miami Airport South.

As the cleanliness of our hotel is a key priority, I am very sorry that your guestroom fell short of your expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the housekeeping team in an effort to improve our service.

Thank you for being a valued guest and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Miami.

Buenos Aires
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2015

Good choice for a short stay. We got a low rate and that's why we booked it.

We had 3 rooms and they all looked alike. Staff was attentive and helpful at all times.

There is no restaurant at the hotel but they do offer free shuttle service to nearby restaurants or fast food places. Shuttle is also free to and from the airport and runs every 30mins.

Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. There is also a pool, gym, little market for essentials and computers for guests.

In my opinion, for the price it's a good place given that they provide a clean room, free shuttle service, breakfast and wifi.

Room Tip: Some rooms face a lake
Good Evening,

Thank you for staying at the Springhill Suites Miami Airport South. We are happy to know that everything with your stay was great.

We appreciate you sharing your experience and we hope to see you again whenever your travels bring you back to Miami.

305-265-0144
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2015

From the very beginning, the staff was very accommodating to my needs and everyone was kind. Shuttle driver, Manuel was especially happy and friendly and made the ride from the airport to the hotel a very fun and happy experience. I communicated with Michael (who was also great) at the front desk since early in the morning about needing an early check in and by the moment I got there, check in went smoothly and I was immediately assigned a room. When I got to my room I was shocked to see how nearly-perfect everything was. Of course, the bed and kitchen area were clean, but the bathroom was phenomenal! Spic and span! The only concerns I would had at the hotel was that the AC was very cold and I had to turn it off from time to time because I was freezing. But at least I know the AC worked. This hotel was just what I needed because it was a good price, had free airport shuttle service, and free hot breakfast, which is what I was looking for in choosing a place to stay. There is also a fitness and business center, which are very small, but get the job done. It is also important to note that other than breakfast, there is no lunch or dinner served in the hotel, no room service, and no convenience store, so if you see yourself needing one of these things, this hotel may not be for you. However, for someone on business who needs to be up early with a nice, clean, and friendly place to stay, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
SHSMIA, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, July 17, 2015
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Springhill Suites Miami Airport South.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As a valued guest, your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Springhill Suites Miami Airport South and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Miami.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2015

The rooms are comfortable the design no so great but the price is good, The breakfast time was awful for me I have just grab an apple and a coffee and run away. The personal was really great though and is nearby the airport then for 1 day is good enough and the price really convenient, free parking that was great too.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
SHSMIA, Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, July 11, 2015
Good Evening,

We would like to sincerely apologize that the breakfast was not up to your standards, we pride to keep every guest happy, and will be working towards the future to be able to fulfill your needs.

Thank You.