“Nice spacious rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Nice spacious rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Our flight was delayed and so we stayed here for a night before returning home. The rooms are comfortable, extremely spacious and the beds are huge. The hotel runs a shuttle to and from Miami airport and it will also drop you nearly anywhere within reason if you want to do some last minute shopping. Breakfast was a letdown - it was limited and bland and there didn't seem to be enough seats for everyone. The hotel is right next to the lake so you can eat breakfast outside with the view of the lake which was nice if there were seats available. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
SHSMIA, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel online. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the room and that it was up to your standards.

We appreciate your feedback regarding the breakfast options, as we do strive to become a better property everyday. We will take your comments into consideration and ensure that they are implemented for our future guests.

Hopefully, next time you are in Miami you can visit us again and give us the pleasure of meeting all your needs.

Front Desk Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Alta Loma, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We missed out international flight do to delays and had to spend a night in Miami. This hotel was close to the Airport and we arrived close to 10 P.M.the restaurant closes at 10P.M but they were very willing to still serve us dinner as we were tired and hungry.
The rooms are very clean and comfortable. They also provide airport shuttles.

Green Features: The staff at the front desk was very welcoming and the restaurant staff very attentive.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I stayed in one of the rooms of the 5th floor and everything was beyond perfect, breakfast, costumer service I totally will recommend and definitely coming back, I was very please and now I'm thankfully to have a nice place to go too any time I'm in Miami

Stayed June 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

It was very clean and spacious, breakfast was include and it was good.My children and myself enjoyed our stay there The shuttle driver was a big help to tell us how to see sights. The location was ok but the room was very good.I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
SHSMIA, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on-line. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was able to help you make your plans.
We hope next time you are in Miami you visit us and allow us to impress you once again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Really nice hotel and close to the airport.
The location is good but is distant from Miami Beach and Downtown.
The roads to get to these places are really nice and you will take at maximum 20 minutes to get there.
The room is really big. It is very clean. The bathroom is very good.
The breakfast is awesome (already included).
There is a huge variety of options: waffles, breads, bagels, fruits, oat meal, juice etc.
We really liked the hotel.
We strongly recommend.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
SHSMIA, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review us online. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and our complimentary breakfast buffet.

We hope you return to our property very soon.

Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The hotel itself, the facilities, and the room met my expectations. The hotel seems recently renovated, the rooms are clean and neat, and the decor is quite pleasant. However there were a few things that left me with a not so good experience. Firstly there is no room service. This was quite odd to me as I hav stayed in many hotels all over the world and this is the first one that didnt offer room service. And room service to me doesn't only mean food. Everytime I called the reception for something (water, to replace items in my room etc) they would ask me to come downstairs to the reception to get it. Very weird. Seemed more like a bed and breakfast rather than a Marriott. Breakfast is served for free each morning. However if you go late, you will not have many choices. But even if you go early, the choices are not that many and the menu is not changed. The receptionists are friendly more or less. The shuttle service is reliable. Didn't have to wait more than 30 mins for it to arrive after I called. Overall its a good hotel. I would give it a 7 out of 10. However just be prepared to order food from outside cuz you won't find it at the hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SHSMIA, Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Good Evening,

We appreciate you taking the time to inform us how your experience in our hotel was. We strive on making our guest happy. Your comments can help us further assist our future guest.

Veronica Cardenas
Asst General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stayed here in May 2014 for 2 nights on Marriott reward points(I believe it was the nights of May 30th and 31st). We usually stay in the Dadeland area but the points we would have had to use for the ratings those hotels were getting was a bit discouraging. I found this hotel had great reviews and wasn't far from where we wanted to be. We stayed in a king bedroom suite which was perfect for my fiance and I. Only thing that would have been better is if we had a view of the lake instead of the road.
Upon arrival, the front desk agent was great. I didn't catch his name, but he did some magic tricks with cards for us and made us feel welcomed. The hotel was clean, a little dated, but definitely clean.
I thought there would be too much traffic near the hotel since it is near the airport but we never encountered any problems. The location was great for getting to the Dolphin Mall, and the other shopping we came up to Miami to do. And of course, loved that there was free parking on site.
The only downside was the breakfast...yes it was free, but I found my eggs to be barely edible unfortunately. And there wasn't anyone refilling items that ran out. But that wasn't a big deal for us as we weren't there for a great breakfast any ways.

I would stay here again in the future and would recommend it to others if they want a decent place to just put your feet up at the end of the day.

Room Tip: If you can, get a room facing the lake.