“Reasonable stop over hotel after landing at MIA” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #30 of 129 hotels in Miami
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Reasonable stop over hotel after landing at MIA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed here for one night with my brother, as we landed at MIA in the evening for a trip to Fort Myers, and didn't fancy a long drive after a long flight.
It is fairly difficult to find from the car rental plaza at the airport - not entirely the hotel's fault but a lot of recent road works and detours caused the satnav to have a 'bot of a blip'.
It was late when we checked in but the very helpful agent sorted us very quickly and told me I could choose any single item from the deli next to the check in as a welcome gift for being Marriott Gold!. She also gave me a very helpful sheet listing local restaurants, shops etc. Nothing is in walking distance, so I don't think I would stay here without a car.

The room was quiet, clean and comfortable with two queen beds and a very small bath.

The comp breakfast buffet was very good - the staff here were excellent in clearing, re-stocking and being generally very helpful.

I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel as a convenient one night stop over when using MIA.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Vivian P, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you so much for being our guest and for taking your valuable time to let us know about your stay at the Springhill Suites Miami Airport South. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We understand that you have many hotels to chose from but we are certainly happy that you stayed with us and with your thoughtful comments and feedback, we may find ways to improve our facility and services. We are aware about the traffic detours but please know that this is the city's plan in continual improvements and expansion of highways. This will assist us all in timely travels and we expect the scope of work to be completed within a reasonable time.

We hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and providing you and your family with an exceptional stay.

Best Regards,

505 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Elizabeth, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

This hotel offers a very quiet comfortable stay. The front desk clerk Nellie was the best. Very friendly and patient. The area in which this hotel is located in is nicely situated and neighbor's one other hotel. The hotel offers a full breakfast. There is also a laundry on site. The 'mart' at the front desk which sells bottled water, etc was a little pricey. What I can say about the hotel is that "they try". The staff are all friendly and want you to be comfortable. Would I return? Yes, if the offered lower rates. I paid a close to $700 for a 3 night stay--that is a little much.

Room Tip: Due to their rooms being sold out on the day of my arrival I was offered a "handicap" acco...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Vivian P, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Thank you so much for being our guest at the Springhill Suites Miami Airport South and for taking your valuabel time to let us know about your stay with us.

We are truly delighted that you enjoyed our hotel and with your thoughful comments we are able to improve our guest experience.

We thank you again and look forward to providing you and your family with an exceptional stay the next time you visit.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

After I gathered baggage, I called hotel for shuttle at debauchers, they said I had to go to arrivals to be picked up. I asked and it was one floor up. So I called back and she said shuttle was at airport but full, and would come back and pick me up in 20 minutes. But I stopped Marriott bus I thought was mine, and green van Springhill suites that was EAST, they all kindly told me I need the small WHITE van for Springhill Suites South. He came on time and was, he was very informative, cordial, and fun to be with. He took 8 of us to Anacapri - Italian Restaurant for a wonderful night of Italian food and picked us up after dinner quickly back to hotel.
The Breakfast were just wonderful, scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, waffle's, cereals, coffee, tea, juice, bread, beagles. And VIVAN was the reason this was all wonderful, she did everything,
cleaned tables, emptied trash cans, made sure all your wishes were satisfied, what a wonderful person, and she was the best behind reservation desk. Would have been nice if all 4 rooms I books would have been on same floor.

Room Tip: Ask for Lake View
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Vivian P, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear Mr. Art D,

Thank you so much for staying at the Springhill Suites Miami Airport South and for taking your valuable time to let us know about your stay.

It is with your thoughtful comments that we find ways to improve our services for all our guests. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay.

Mr. Art D, we truly hope that we have the pleasure of providing you with exceptional service next time you visit our hotel. Please feel free to contact me any time.

Fortaleza, CE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

The accommodations are reasonable and met the family well. But the workforce is unprepared.

I had presented the voucher at the checkin. On checkout, I have showed the voucher again. The clerk asked for my card anyway.

When I asked why, he assured that he had not charged. When I saw the report card, surprise! He had charged me again

I want my money back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
SHSMIA, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you so much for being our guest at the Springhill Suites Miami Airport South.

It is our number one goal to provide exceptional service during your stay. I apologize that you feel our front desk staff did not provide you information about your voucher and you were subsequently charged. I will be more than happy to assist you with any credits you may be due. Please contact me directly at the hotel and I will review your case and provide my assistance.

With kind regards,

Nashua, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Terrible (you can't count on) shuttle service from airport. DO NOT PLAN/EXPECT A RIDE...get a cab. Management was very nice when I complained but I am not sure is problems will be or have been corrected!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
SHSMIA, Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Good Afternoon,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us about your stay. We are currently working on a more efficient way to accommodate transportation to our hotel.

Veronica Cardenas
Asst General Manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Folks, you don't have to read any further.........DON'T STAY HERE. I was stuck here due to a flight cancellation. This property is the most disgusting hotel/motel I have ever stepped foot into, and I travel a lot. Dirty is an understatement. It is about 10 years overdue for complete remodeling inside. Carpet, furniture, fixtures, bathroom are a disgrace. I did not feel comfortable there for a minute. I am just shocked that the SpringHill/Marriott brand is attached/associated with this property. Not what you would ever remotely expect.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
SHSMIA, Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Good Morning,

Thank you for your review from your recent stay with us at the SpringHill Suites Miami.

Your comments will assist us in providing enhanced training to our relevant team members, as well as ideas to improve our facilities to ensure an improved guest experience in the future.

Veronica Cardenas
Asst General Manager
Northumberland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed for one night prior to a trip to the Florida Keys. A convenient location for Miami and southern Florida. Good parking facilities, a very good sized suite and a decent pool area. The breakfast was a decent help yourself job with a good selection to cater for most people.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
SHSMIA, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you so much for being our guest and for taking your valuable time to let us know about your stay with us.

It is with your thoughtful comments that we may explore options to improve our facilities and guest services for all our guests.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we have the opportunity in the near future to provide you and your family with exceptional services.

Best Regards,

Vivian P.
Springhill Suites Miami Airport South

Been to SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South? Share your experiences!