“Surprisingly nice and cozy with a great staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #29 of 129 hotels in Miami
Chicago, Illinois
“Surprisingly nice and cozy with a great staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our family stayed at SpringHill prior to taking a Carnival Cruise out of Miami. I was pleasantly surprised by the great service and even more surprised when we went to our room that was overlooking a lake. Our grandchildren, children, and even adults spent some time watching manatees swimming. The hotel offers a free shuttle that not only picks you up from the airport, but will also take you to find a meal or to go shopping, very nice and extremely convenient. The rooms were spacious and comfortable, the continental breakfast is sure to have something for your tastes, and the outdoor pool was nicely maintained.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

507 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
colorado springs co
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We spent a night here care/of American Airlines and had a great nights sleep, the bedding was sumptuous and I am considering buying the pillows that Marriot sells online-- they were that comfortable!! Only downside was the restaurant area was under some renovation and our service was extremely slow, but the food was good. Free airport shuttle is great too, though make sure you sign up because the first ones out in the morning fill up fast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Convenient location close to Miami Airport w/ shuttle service. While staying here for business the hotel staff was most accommodating. Service with a smile and very attentive. Asst. GM Vivian stood out as one of the very enthusiastic and friendly members of the hotel staff. Rooms are very clean and offer everything needed for a business traveler.

• Stayed May 2013
california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our red-eye flight arrived quite early in the morning. We were so glad they were able to accomodate us that early without any extra charge :-) We got the pre-cruise package which includes free shuttle to the port of Miami. Our room was nice and clean but it has a musty smell probably from the airconditioner. It went away as soon as you turn it on. We were able to recuperate from sleep the whole morning. The bed was so clean and comfy :) The hot breakfast next morning was great :-) Do it yourself waffles, eggs, bagels, toasts, hot & cold cereals, yogurts etc. Marriott hotels are always dependable, clean and comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a short visit, business or pleasure. Nothing bad to say about this hotel. Staffs are friendly too esp. the slim lady with glasses. I forgot her name but she's awesome!

Room Tip: Shuttles are available to take you to nearby restaurants.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Fairfax, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Two families stayed over one night for pre-cruise overnight stay. The hotel accommodation is good, service was satisfactory.
We enjoyed the gigantic Lois in the lake adjacent to the property. Kids enjoyed feeding them left over cereals from the patio outside of the breakfast room. We found the 2 bedroom suite large enough. The location is not the best if you are looking for a nearby restaurants. We had to hail a cab to go out. If you are .looking for a pre-cruise lodging, I would recommend that you get a room near the port.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed here over night in preparation to take an early flight out of MIA. I was arriving into MIA from central america, where my phone was not working, so I found a wifi hotspot and emailed about getting a reservation for the shuttle. I was informed to just call when I got in....which I did...but I waited until I'd made it thru immigration and customs to make the call. Apparently that was still way too early, as he swung through, picked up someone else and left. Can't say that I blame him, you can't wait around for me to get my luggage and inconvenience other passengers. Anyway, I called the front desk back and they said they'd send him back...it'd be 15 minutes or so. 45 minutes later, I'm still standing there and cursing the fact that I didn't take a taxi after I missed him the first time. He does finally show up, and is pleasant and apologetic....it was my fault, so that was nice. Anyway, long story a little bit longer, I wasn't aware that the shuttle guy would drop you off at other places besides the airport...I'd left my headphones and phone charger on the plane, so he was kind enough to trek me to office depot so I could replace them. Doesn't seem so bad about the airport wait now. :) He leaves every half hour in the mornings, only on airport runs, so that's good to count on too. There's also an independently run shuttle that takes you to the Mall every so often, I didn't take it, just saw the filer.
Lovely front desk ladies, Free Hot Breakfast, free wifi that worked really well, mini mart inside and a great night's sleep. I can say that I'll never stay at the MIA International Hotel inside E concourse ever again!!!

Room Tip: I had lake view, it was nice, but you're just there to sleep, so I suppose it doesn't really...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Kiev, Ukraine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed here in April 2013 for 1 night and we are absolutely satisfied with it. Very close to the Miami airport, they offer a free shuttle bus. Our room was spacious and clean, with tea-coffee facilities and a large flat screen. The breakfast was really good with a plenty of choice including nice self-made waffles. But the hotel doesn`t serve dinner, they help you to find place nearby. The hotel territory is tiny, they have a little pool and actually that`t all. So you exactly need a car for a more long stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South? Share your experiences!