“had a good pre-cruise stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #29 of 113 Hotels in Miami
Fairfax, VA
“had a good pre-cruise stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Two families stayed over one night for pre-cruise overnight stay. The hotel accommodation is good, service was satisfactory.
We enjoyed the gigantic Lois in the lake adjacent to the property. Kids enjoyed feeding them left over cereals from the patio outside of the breakfast room. We found the 2 bedroom suite large enough. The location is not the best if you are looking for a nearby restaurants. We had to hail a cab to go out. If you are .looking for a pre-cruise lodging, I would recommend that you get a room near the port.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed here over night in preparation to take an early flight out of MIA. I was arriving into MIA from central america, where my phone was not working, so I found a wifi hotspot and emailed about getting a reservation for the shuttle. I was informed to just call when I got in....which I did...but I waited until I'd made it thru immigration and customs to make the call. Apparently that was still way too early, as he swung through, picked up someone else and left. Can't say that I blame him, you can't wait around for me to get my luggage and inconvenience other passengers. Anyway, I called the front desk back and they said they'd send him back...it'd be 15 minutes or so. 45 minutes later, I'm still standing there and cursing the fact that I didn't take a taxi after I missed him the first time. He does finally show up, and is pleasant and apologetic....it was my fault, so that was nice. Anyway, long story a little bit longer, I wasn't aware that the shuttle guy would drop you off at other places besides the airport...I'd left my headphones and phone charger on the plane, so he was kind enough to trek me to office depot so I could replace them. Doesn't seem so bad about the airport wait now. :) He leaves every half hour in the mornings, only on airport runs, so that's good to count on too. There's also an independently run shuttle that takes you to the Mall every so often, I didn't take it, just saw the filer.
Lovely front desk ladies, Free Hot Breakfast, free wifi that worked really well, mini mart inside and a great night's sleep. I can say that I'll never stay at the MIA International Hotel inside E concourse ever again!!!

Room Tip: I had lake view, it was nice, but you're just there to sleep, so I suppose it doesn't really...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Kiev, Ukraine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed here in April 2013 for 1 night and we are absolutely satisfied with it. Very close to the Miami airport, they offer a free shuttle bus. Our room was spacious and clean, with tea-coffee facilities and a large flat screen. The breakfast was really good with a plenty of choice including nice self-made waffles. But the hotel doesn`t serve dinner, they help you to find place nearby. The hotel territory is tiny, they have a little pool and actually that`t all. So you exactly need a car for a more long stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

The room was very spacious. We arrived in the evening and the staff was very helpful in helping us find a place to eat. The breakfast was delicious and there was so much. We only stayed for one night but would have loved to stayed longer. Very close to airport and South Beach. When I go back will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed here in March 2013 for 2 nights after arriving from the UK and before we took a cruise.
The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful when my wife had very bad toothache and helped arrange an emergency appointment on a Sunday. Most of the reviews we previously read were accurate. Its reasonably handy for the airport and the free shuttle service was ok although it took a while to arrive. Breakfast is fine although a bit crowded and busy. We had 5 in one room which was a real squeeze, but we expected that.
It is a bit isolated, with nothing close by so you either need a car or take taxis. The hitels shuttle bus is helpful to some local shope and restaurants but you are subject to it being available.

Room Tip: Ask for lake view room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is a nice hotel which is well maintained, has good service, and offers breakfast. The rooms are spacious although there is only one flat screen which is shared between the living room and the bedroom. I'm only giving it 3 stars because it calls itself a "suite" hotel - but there is not a full wall seperating the bedroom from the living area. Moreover, the kitchen area is extremely modest. While there is a microwave, there is no microwavable dish in the suite. Nor is there any dish or silverware.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Berlin, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed here for one night before our flight back to Europe and had an overall satisfying stay.

We had a very pleasurable e-mail conversation beforehand with the Assistant Manager who asked about arrival time and room preferences - we were greated by her upon arrival and our requests were fulfilled prefectly.

The location is great for plane spotters as you can see the runway of Miami Airport when you have you room on the front side of the building (almost no noise, though). Otherwise there is nothing around the hotel you can reach in walking distance.

The rooms and public spaces have a bright and modern appearance. For a short stay (!) the room was spacious enough and well equipped; the kitchenette had fridge, coffee maker and sink, but no microwave or stove.

Some things that bothered us:

-They do not cash traveler's cheques,
- Breakfast is very basic and items offered are heavily processed. Not a healthy start.
- Our room was opposite the ice dispenser which was quite a noise issue.
- We took advantage of the free airport shuttle and the driver asked several times for our airline and the terminal. Nevertheless he passed by our terminal and stopped only at the farthest terminal there is (J), where two other guest wanted to get off, which meant a half a mile walk back with three large suitcases and carry-on baggage to our terminal.

Room Tip: For great airfield views, request a top floor room towards the front side of the building, noise sen...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SHSMIA, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced with the driver on the day of your departure. We have taken additional steps to ensure that similar situations do not occur in the future.

We hope you come back in the near future.

Leila Aviles