“A good hotel with a good location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #30 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Caracas, Venezuela
“A good hotel with a good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Excellent Hotel, good location and very friendly staff. The view from the rooms to the lake is very relaxing. Breakfast is no big deal and closes very early (9:30 am)...

They have a shuttle that goes to the airport and several restaurants in Le Jeune Road ... I recommend it for Airline Crew and for business travelers.

Room Tip: The view from the rooms to the lake is very relaxing, try to get a
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
SHSMIA, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to read that your stay was enjoyable.

When your travel brings you back to the Miam area, we hope that you come back and stay with us.

Leila Aviles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Guayaquil, Ecuador
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel is well maintained. The rooms are clean and the bed is comfortable. I have stayed twice. The first time, I stayed there for a 5-day with wife and 2 kids. The room was comfortable enough for all of us. We are at the hotel only to sleep at night. The breakfast was good.
The second time I stayed by myself going back form a business trip. This time I found the location a bit of an inconvenience. There is not a place close by to eat. Everything decent is a 10-15 minute drive away. I was tired, so I ended up ordering chinese food.
If you want a place to sleep comfortable at night for a good price for a family this is a good choice, but do not expect anything else.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our property. We are happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I loveeeeeeeee this hotel. My family and I stayed here because my son had to go back to Jackson Memorial Hospital. We are travelling from the Bahamas. We were picked up by a very friendly female driver from the airport. Our checkin experience by a guy was very nice & informative. The Hotel & our room were very clean. Free internet usage in the lobby and everything we ordered from the restaurant in the lobby tasted great! I wish I could remember names but for us, the bus driver with the salt and pepper hair :-) made our trip very memorable. he always greeted us as if he was very happy to see us. he always offered my son colorings and lift him up and hug him. That made us very happy to see such pleasant people. The bellman/cleaner(dark male) was always friendly and willing to help us with anything. Besides not being near much shopping or restaurants the train station is very close by and we used that to explore the rest of Miami when we didnt have to go to JMH. My son is going back to JMH this month and even though the rates went up a little for the time we're travelling...we still wanna go back there! Our new fav hotel :-)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our property.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Would not stay here again. Location is close to airport but nothing else. Shuttle will only take you to a few predetermined locations. None of which are suitable for family dining. Nothing is within walking distance. Staying here post cruise and am sitting in the lobby for two hours now waiting for a Room to be available. There are about twenty other families doing the same. We had planned to spend the day touring Miami but were told they had no luggage storage and would have to wait for our room. Never seen an airport hotel with no luggage storage. Really disappointing way to end a vacation. I'm assuming this is a daily occurrence here with the number of cruises in Miami. I would think they could better accommodate their guests.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SHSMIA, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for the experience you endured with your family and our hotel. This is not a typical situation, and I assure it will be addressed. I would only hope that you will give us another opportunity in the near future to show you what our service and accommodations are truly like.

Please do come back and we promise to deliver a great stay at the SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South!

Buffalo NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Let me first start by saying that my job, Assistant coach - Director of Basketball Operations (Buffalo State Men's basketball team ), requires me to set up hotels and meal for all road trips. That usually totals 4-5 trips each year (usually 3 days and 2 nights each) and more if we make the SUNYAC Playoffs and then possibly the NCAA's. This is my fifth year making such arrangements for Buffalo State College. With that thought in mind I can say unequivocally that the staff at this hotel were the "most courteous and helpful staff that I have met in 5 years".

We were in Miami for 4 days for an Adidas College Basketball Tourney. Scheduling meals, feeding the players, wake-up calls. Every thing that I needed help with the staff was more than willing. For instance. Thursday night I asked "Jessica" and Abdel to wake up 8 (players) rooms...No problem. Friday night we had a caterer deliver food to the hotel. I needed a room to feed the players and coaches plus serving utensils to serve the food and a place to store what was left afterwards. Bianca and Volaska were more than willing to allow us to use a vacant meeting room. Bianca then went and got serving untensils from the kitchen. And when we were finished she, Bianca, stored everything in the kitchen. The staff the next day had no problem getting our food toether again for a quick lunch Sat.

"Service above and beyond the call of duty" just doesn't say it all when it comes to the extra effort that these people, and the rest of the staff, put forth during our stay. The staff responsible for making sure that all the breakfast foods were avaialble moved non-stop amking sure that all the trays were full. Did I mention that there were 4 other college basketball teams there and 2 high school teams for similar tourneys? No 1 missed a beat at breakfast. And it's the first place that I've seen with a choice of waffle mix.

The rooms were suites in every sense. Kitchen with sink, Microwave, Fridge. Desk area with light. Pull out sofa with table. 50 plus inch HD t.v. that you could adjust to watch in either the bedroom or sitting room.

The one slight drawback would be the size of the bathrooms but when you travel with 15 young men who average 6' 4" and 240 lbs..then you can expect some issues with bathrooms. The beds and pillows remind me of the beds/pillows at the Treasure Island (Las Vegas). The 2nd night, Friday, I feel asleep on the bed (after a tough win vs. Eastern Conn.) with my shoes still on. I woke up 5 hours later.

Kudos to Jessica, Volaska, Bianca and all those who made our stay simply great. My family reunion is going to be in Miami in July 2013. I don't need to stay at the Intercontinental at better than twice the cost. I'm going back to Springhill!

Room Tip: Half the rooms face a lake. If scenery is your thing then you may want to stay on the even side of t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
It was our pleasure to have the Buffalo State Men's basketball team as our guest. We are extremely happy that the team enjoyed their stay.
We hope to see you in the very near future.

Albuquerque
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My daughter and I stayed several days and could not be more pleased with the hotel accommodations and staff at SpringHill Suites. The parking was free, the room very spacious, clean and comfortable. We had a refrigerator (which came in very handy for us), sink, microwave, free wi-fi, and the pillows were of good fluff quality - and they had different firmnesses. They provide a breakfast buffet every morning, which was very convenient and certainly a savings for us. I do wish they changed the warm part of their breakfast up a little though... not to be unthankful, but scrambled eggs and sausage every morning got old quick - unless I opted for bagels or cereal or made my own waffle. The lobby personnel were very friendly, and the room custodians were super personable. They made me feel right at home. I will return to Miami, and when I do, SpringHill Suites will be where I will stay.

Room Tip: Very nice hotel, quiet, easy to find, well-lit parking lot, personable staff, a pool, some kitchen a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SHSMIA, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you very much for your review about our property, we greatly appreciate your feedback. We pride ourselves in our friendly service and clean suites. We are happy to read that you enjoyed the free breakfast and parking. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

I would stay here again. They offer breakfast on site and a shuttle to area restaurants. The rooms are spacious with good lighting and had an ergonomic work area complete with a microwave and mini-fridge in the room. Front dest staff were very accomodating.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Leila Aviles

Been to SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South? Share your experiences!