“Service is FIRST rate!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #32 of 130 hotels in Miami
Buffalo NY
“Service is FIRST rate!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Let me first start by saying that my job, Assistant coach - Director of Basketball Operations (Buffalo State Men's basketball team ), requires me to set up hotels and meal for all road trips. That usually totals 4-5 trips each year (usually 3 days and 2 nights each) and more if we make the SUNYAC Playoffs and then possibly the NCAA's. This is my fifth year making such arrangements for Buffalo State College. With that thought in mind I can say unequivocally that the staff at this hotel were the "most courteous and helpful staff that I have met in 5 years".

We were in Miami for 4 days for an Adidas College Basketball Tourney. Scheduling meals, feeding the players, wake-up calls. Every thing that I needed help with the staff was more than willing. For instance. Thursday night I asked "Jessica" and Abdel to wake up 8 (players) rooms...No problem. Friday night we had a caterer deliver food to the hotel. I needed a room to feed the players and coaches plus serving utensils to serve the food and a place to store what was left afterwards. Bianca and Volaska were more than willing to allow us to use a vacant meeting room. Bianca then went and got serving untensils from the kitchen. And when we were finished she, Bianca, stored everything in the kitchen. The staff the next day had no problem getting our food toether again for a quick lunch Sat.

"Service above and beyond the call of duty" just doesn't say it all when it comes to the extra effort that these people, and the rest of the staff, put forth during our stay. The staff responsible for making sure that all the breakfast foods were avaialble moved non-stop amking sure that all the trays were full. Did I mention that there were 4 other college basketball teams there and 2 high school teams for similar tourneys? No 1 missed a beat at breakfast. And it's the first place that I've seen with a choice of waffle mix.

The rooms were suites in every sense. Kitchen with sink, Microwave, Fridge. Desk area with light. Pull out sofa with table. 50 plus inch HD t.v. that you could adjust to watch in either the bedroom or sitting room.

The one slight drawback would be the size of the bathrooms but when you travel with 15 young men who average 6' 4" and 240 lbs..then you can expect some issues with bathrooms. The beds and pillows remind me of the beds/pillows at the Treasure Island (Las Vegas). The 2nd night, Friday, I feel asleep on the bed (after a tough win vs. Eastern Conn.) with my shoes still on. I woke up 5 hours later.

Kudos to Jessica, Volaska, Bianca and all those who made our stay simply great. My family reunion is going to be in Miami in July 2013. I don't need to stay at the Intercontinental at better than twice the cost. I'm going back to Springhill!

Room Tip: Half the rooms face a lake. If scenery is your thing then you may want to stay on the even side of t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
SHSMIA, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
It was our pleasure to have the Buffalo State Men's basketball team as our guest. We are extremely happy that the team enjoyed their stay.
We hope to see you in the very near future.

493 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Albuquerque
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My daughter and I stayed several days and could not be more pleased with the hotel accommodations and staff at SpringHill Suites. The parking was free, the room very spacious, clean and comfortable. We had a refrigerator (which came in very handy for us), sink, microwave, free wi-fi, and the pillows were of good fluff quality - and they had different firmnesses. They provide a breakfast buffet every morning, which was very convenient and certainly a savings for us. I do wish they changed the warm part of their breakfast up a little though... not to be unthankful, but scrambled eggs and sausage every morning got old quick - unless I opted for bagels or cereal or made my own waffle. The lobby personnel were very friendly, and the room custodians were super personable. They made me feel right at home. I will return to Miami, and when I do, SpringHill Suites will be where I will stay.

Room Tip: Very nice hotel, quiet, easy to find, well-lit parking lot, personable staff, a pool, some kitchen a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SHSMIA, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you very much for your review about our property, we greatly appreciate your feedback. We pride ourselves in our friendly service and clean suites. We are happy to read that you enjoyed the free breakfast and parking. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

I would stay here again. They offer breakfast on site and a shuttle to area restaurants. The rooms are spacious with good lighting and had an ergonomic work area complete with a microwave and mini-fridge in the room. Front dest staff were very accomodating.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at the SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South. We hope to see you again in the near future.

GCM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Close to the airport, complimentary shuttle, friendly shuttle drivers who assit with baggage. Spacious clean rooms, great complimentary breakfast. Pick up service to the mall (Dolphin), and the hotel shuttle bus will take you to a number of nearby restaurants.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Ribeirao Preto/SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This place worth this price. It has free parking (which is very rare in Miami) and a included breakfast. It is very, very simple, but it's on the price.
The front desk is helpfull and friendly. The rooms are very spacious, cleaned. We have a microwave and a refrigerator at our disposal. Also we have a sink, near.
You can cook on the room, if you want to.
It's near the airport, so it's a good place to stay if you want to go shopping. It's a little far from Miami Beach and there's nothing near. You'll need a car for everything.
By the way, I'll recommend this place and sure get back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
SHSMIA, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for your comments. Please come back soon!

St. Vincent
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

i stayed for 5 nights 5 days @ springhill marriott. The service was excellent the staff was very friendly. House keeping was very accommodating. The beds and linens were particularly comfy cozy inviting very conducive for an excellent night rest! It would have gotten an excellent if there was a hotel bar! Perfect for business or an excellent getaway for two!

Room Tip: if you are a morning person request a waterfront view. Excellent sunrise view accross the Miami sky...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review about our property, we greatly appreciate your feedback. We pride ourselves in our friendly service and clean suites. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us We look forward to seeing you in the future, and demonstrating our commitment to delivering outstanding service and value.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I finished a corporate sponsored trip to Miami Beach and decided stay an extra day. I chose this hotel because I had a 7am flight the next morning.
I arrived around midnight and was given a terrific room near the elevator, the guy at the front desk asked if I needed a wake up call after learning that I wanted the free airport shuttle at 5:45.

The shuttle driver was waiting for me right on time and got me to the airport in less than 10 minutes.

Room was spotless and very comfy. This appears to be a new property. Lovely modern furnishings and an attentive staff. They have a breakfast that I was too early to enjoy but the set up looked convenient.

I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed October 2012
SHSMIA, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks again for taking time to share your feedback with the Trip Advisor Community. If your travels bring you back to the Miami in the future we look forward to having you as our guest again.

Leila Aviles

Been to SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South? Share your experiences!