“TINY ROOMS” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 129 hotels in Miami
Dayton, Ohio
“TINY ROOMS”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel over the memorial day weekend . The outside is scary looking, a lot of construction, although I did not visit the pool it looked only average. I usually stay at drury inns wherever I travel because they are sure to be nice wherever. Had I paid $139 a night for this room like it was listed online I would have felt ripped off. (with a discount and mangers special room was $83/night) The beds literally were the smallest hotel beds I’ve ever seen in my life, the bed closes to the window I could sit on the bed and touch the wall just fine ( my arms aren’t that long, the space is just that small) Beds were very hard ! The paint is a nice addition, the bath room as well was extremely small. So small I had to walk into it all the way and then close the door behind me. The lobby was beautiful, nicely decorated. All in all for a cheap hotel stay ($83 a night) this was only ok. I advise anyone paying more than $83 a night to take their money elsewhere for better quality.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
SHSMIA, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear Guest:

It pains us to learn that your experience did not live up to the standard we strive to deliver at our hotel. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.We look forward to seeing you in the future, and demonstrating our commitment to delivering outstanding service and value.

511 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We booked this hotel as it was near the airport. It's a typical SpringHill Suites. The staff person that checked us in was very friendly.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your comments. Please come back soon!

Buenos Aires
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

On our way to our cruise I decided to book this hotel. Near the airport it offers free shuttle. I was told to phone as soon as I arrived in Miami, which I did. They answered immediately but they took very long to pick us up as they did not understand where we were waiting. Nevertheless, once they picked us up everything was ok.Staff is very helpful and kind.They gave us a room looking out to a lake. Breakfast is ok and it is included in the price. I recommend this hotel.

Dear Guest:

We were happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at the SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South.

We hope to see you again very soon.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We booked this hotel for a night before and after our holidays in the Bahamas. The hotel was built in 2002 and the facilities are in mint condition. We had a double room which was huge with comfy bed, giant Full HD tv and useful tea/coffee/microwave corner. Its a very quiet hotel, located about 10 min by shuttle(free) from the airport. They serve complimentary breakfast (Best Western style with scrambled eggs, toasts, yoghourts etc.) and I believe the parking is also complimentary. There are many food options in the area. You can either take the free shuttle (5 min) to the next food court or order to your room (Papa Johns, Pizza Hut etc).
We have paid 130 USD for a double room which was a fair price for the quality.

Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your review about our property, we greatly appreciate your feedback. We are happy to see that you enjoyed several of the hotel ameneties. We look forward to seeing you in the future, and demonstrating our commitment to delivering outstanding service and value.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

We stayed here overnight before catching a flight to New York. Their shuttle bus needs to be called before coming to the airport, so let them know when you arrive. Comfortable, clean and good amount of space. Pool was a bit small but the gym facilities were good. We used the laundry room as we were travelling back from a holiday in Mexico and this work well for us. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.
I would recommend this hotel for a short stay, otherwise there's not much around this hotel. It was very quiet though, I don't think we say more than 5 guest in the hotel the whole time.

Dear Guest:
We pride ourselves in our friendly service and clean suites. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you in the future, and demonstrating our commitment to delivering outstanding service and value.

Nassau, New Providence Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We stayed here during a one night layover in Miami. I am a big Marriott fan so I chose this one from their family of hotels. The choice was made based on price and TripAdvisor reviews.
Shuttle service to and fro was good, no issues, no delays. The property and furnishings were nice and well maintained. Our room (5th floor) was in good condition and nicely decorated. Overall the room was clean, but there were 2 hairs hiding in the corner of the sink (not very visible so I can understand a maid in a hurry missing it), that is why I rated the hotel average on cleanliness.
Bed was ok, obviously not as fancy as the higher priced hotels.
The breakfast was good, as expected from similar price category of hotels.
Service was good, their market was also good for the type of property.
Upon request we were granted late checkout until 1 pm.
My husband used the gym and was satisfied, it is small but has the required and equipment is in good condition.
I would definitively stay there again if it the best price/quality at the time of booking.

Room Tip: Always ask for higher floor at these types of hotels, less noisy.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
SHSMIA, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
We were happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again very soon.

Den Bosch, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stayed for one night at this hotel after our long intercontinental flight from Amsterdam to Miami. We had requested a room with a crib for our 1 yr old daughter. When we arrived, I asked about the crib and the people at the front desk said they would arrange one for her right away.

30 minutes later, we were still waiting for the crib. We called and they said it was on its way...but I think having to wait 45 minutes for a crib which should have been in the room already is too long.
When the crib got delivered to us, we had to unfold and put the sheets in it ourselves. That is something I'd expect from a hotel...

Pros: Room was of good size, bed was nice, wifi worked fine.
Cons: Breakfast wasn't good. The bagel I had was old, scrambled eggs were very bad. The A/C is really loud.

We would choose another hotel if we'd ever stay in the area again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
SHSMIA, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
It pains us to learn that your experience did not live up to the standard we strive to deliver at our hotel. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback. We have taken additional steps to ensure that similar situations do not occur in the future.
Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention and allowing us to address your concerns. We look forward to seeing you in the future, and demonstrating our commitment to delivering outstanding service and value.

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to SpringHill Suites Miami Airport South? Share your experiences!