“Worst hotel stay ever!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Miami Springs / Miami International Airport

Save Saved
You added Ramada Miami Springs / Miami International Airport to your Saves list
Ramada Miami Springs / Miami International Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5001 NW 36th Street, Miami, FL 33166-6003 (Formerly Airways Airport Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #89 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Fairmount, Illinois
“Worst hotel stay ever!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

In my 30 years, I have never stayed in a worse hotel! This place was disgusting and dirty! There was a mildew smell, the room was so small, there was dried blood in the tub, the shower did not work properly and almost overflowed the tub during an attempt to take a shower, if you turned off the light in the bathroom it turned off ALL electricity in the room so we had to sleep with the bathroom light on, the pillows were mush, and I could go on and on. We chose to stay here as our flight got in late to Miami so we tried to save a little money, so not worth it! When it says free breakfast, that's only if you want a bagel or a piece of bread and when we called to ask for another room we were told that we got a great deal on the room we had and that if we wanted another room we had to pay another $40!! What a crock, we were out of there as soon as we could the next morning. Do not stay there, it is not worth saving any money, you feel more dirty when you leave than you did when you got there. And just to clarify, we are not 5 star hotel people, we just enjoy cleanliness and a good deal and we can usually adapt to most but this was just plain awful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Sao Jose Dos Campos, Brazil
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I can say that this was the WORST hotel I've ever stayed. Don't get in this trap. When you arrive at the hotel you really think it is nice. The reception was recently renovated and is modern and clean. However, when they sent us to our room I thought I was entering an horror movie! Dirty walls, dirty carpet... everything looked abandoned and dirty! The room smelled real bad and the bed was ridiculous. We were afraid of using the bathroom, and as we're just staying for an overnight, we opted not to that a shower.

Room Tip: Just don't book here!
Long Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Well as they say - don't listen to the reviews -- well then--beware! OK I will start with the lobby- very nice -loooked clean only it was a hang-out for some people partying- but it was midnight- as we were waiting someone came and asked for a room and was told -all full so he then asked - what about the old section ? That should have been my first clue!! We got the old section and boyt do I mean OLD - there are no more workds -- we slept in our clothes and didn't take a shower in the AM but got right out and on our way to a great cruise!! Ask if you are in the old or new section for the price you pay-- in all fareness I did see a room on the second floor by the pool that our friends were in and it was very nice.

Room Tip: make sure you ask that your room is NOT in the old section and what it looks like!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Ok....where do I start....when a hotel has bad reviews,with photos, plz listen to them. They got two stars from me because of their staff & lobby..great front desk staff and beautiful lobby. But not even them can save that hotel...of course my normals where booked out (Sleep Inn first choice & Days Inn second choice) so I had to look around and I didn't wanna go to far. $125.00 a night..will never stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My family and I got stuck in Miami due to flight issues. Upon arrival the lobby looked fairly nice. The pool looked nice all well but it was 10 pm and my family and I were exhausted so my eyes could have been deceiving me. As we continued our way down the hallway further from the lobby, towards the rooms, the hotel started to show it's true colors. As we approached the stair going up to the second floor the appearance was becoming more and more unsettling. It was hard to contain my laughter from how bad I knew this was going to be. The stairs were torn up and the halls smelt of cleaning solution. There were stains on the carpets that looked to be about 30 years old. As we arrived at our room, number 229, I knew we were in for one memorable night. Upon entering our room the smell was apparent. It was an indescribable and putrid smell. The decor was very outdated. The bureau looked similar to a coffin. After peeling back the duvet for a quick inspection, one of our beds held a nice surprise. A long black hair. No one in my party had long hair let alone black hair. Both mattresses was a dark brown color. The sheets had a few, not many, small stains. The walls had many unidentifiable stains as well as the carpet. The headboards for both beds were nailed to the wall not even together with the bed set. The curtains were huge and very tacky. The lamps looked very old and the wiring was questionable. The TV looked about 20 years old. 2 of 3 people in my party couldn't sleep due to cleanliness concerns and the constant thumping from the restaurant/nightclub exactly below us. We tossed and turned all night, unable to sleep because of the loud music below. We were afraid to turn the light off in our room, for fear of what we might find. The bathroom was just gross! I sat I one of the chair and waited until we could flee early in the morning. Good thing I had the highway outside my window to keep me alert all night incase anything appeared from the gloomy corners. Anyone would be better off sleeping at the airport. I wish we did! All in all it's not the worst accommodations in the world. It's a brown mattress, strange smells, and an all night party right below, but all in all it was a place to sleep ( for 1 of 3 people in my family ) and it beats not having a place at all. If your on a budget, need to be close the airport, and don't mind a little dirt and smells this may be a good place for you but for others I recommend the airport or paying more enjoy better accommodations.

Room Tip: It's best to not book at all.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ft Lauderdale
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed here only the one night on arriving into Miami late at night. No way we would have stayed if we were booked in for longer. Lobby is really nice but this does nothing more than make everything else look worse than it already is. Staff at front deck were nice enough but extremely slow in getting things sorted, seemed like they didn't know what they were doing half the time. Hotel has a bar in the same building, which you could easily hear from our room, and I'm sure most of the rest of the hotel too. Room was small, dirty, old and generally in a horrible state. We had to switch the fridge off to stop it's annoying banging sound that it made. Bathroom was the worst I have ever stayed at. Walls were cracked and peeling, rust on metallic surfaces, shower didn't work properly and initially wouldn't stop running even after taps both turned off. Hot tap in sink was cracked, seized and didn't work. The list really just goes on and on. Do your self a favour, don't stay here no matter the situation! Stay in a hostel if you have to, for a fraction of the price but multiple times the quality. I am still wondering now how they can go to sleep at night knowing the quality of rooms they are putting people in. Steer clear!!!

Room Tip: Get a room in another hotel.
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We only stayed one night so the loss was not great. The standard room was beyond shabby. It looked like it had not been painted in a hundred years. The paint was chipped and peeling. The hallway was dark and the carpet was threadbare, to be polite. None of the electrical sockets or lamps worked. It did have a microwave and refrigerator, but I did not see if they were working as I wanted a better room. I was charged an additional $25.00 to get a room with working electricity. It was a better room, but nothing to really write home about. No fridge or microwave in this room and the shower leaked. Breakfast is served between 8:00 and 10:00, after the time you need to get to the airport if you have an early flight. Coffee in the lobby machine was $2.50. No complimentary coffee. If you need a hotel near the airport there are better choices.
Much to my surprise the restaurant next door was quite good.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada Miami Springs / Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!