You added Ramada Miami Springs / Miami International Airport to your Saves list
Ramada Miami Springs / Miami International Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5001 NW 36th Street, Miami, FL 33166-6003 (Formerly Airways Airport Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #62 of 110 Hotels in Miami
Long Island
“OMG ! BEWARE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Well as they say - don't listen to the reviews -- well then--beware! OK I will start with the lobby- very nice -loooked clean only it was a hang-out for some people partying- but it was midnight- as we were waiting someone came and asked for a room and was told -all full so he then asked - what about the old section ? That should have been my first clue!! We got the old section and boyt do I mean OLD - there are no more workds -- we slept in our clothes and didn't take a shower in the AM but got right out and on our way to a great cruise!! Ask if you are in the old or new section for the price you pay-- in all fareness I did see a room on the second floor by the pool that our friends were in and it was very nice.

Room Tip: make sure you ask that your room is NOT in the old section and what it looks like!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Ok....where do I start....when a hotel has bad reviews,with photos, plz listen to them. They got two stars from me because of their staff & lobby..great front desk staff and beautiful lobby. But not even them can save that hotel...of course my normals where booked out (Sleep Inn first choice & Days Inn second choice) so I had to look around and I didn't wanna go to far. $125.00 a night..will never stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My family and I got stuck in Miami due to flight issues. Upon arrival the lobby looked fairly nice. The pool looked nice all well but it was 10 pm and my family and I were exhausted so my eyes could have been deceiving me. As we continued our way down the hallway further from the lobby, towards the rooms, the hotel started to show it's true colors. As we approached the stair going up to the second floor the appearance was becoming more and more unsettling. It was hard to contain my laughter from how bad I knew this was going to be. The stairs were torn up and the halls smelt of cleaning solution. There were stains on the carpets that looked to be about 30 years old. As we arrived at our room, number 229, I knew we were in for one memorable night. Upon entering our room the smell was apparent. It was an indescribable and putrid smell. The decor was very outdated. The bureau looked similar to a coffin. After peeling back the duvet for a quick inspection, one of our beds held a nice surprise. A long black hair. No one in my party had long hair let alone black hair. Both mattresses was a dark brown color. The sheets had a few, not many, small stains. The walls had many unidentifiable stains as well as the carpet. The headboards for both beds were nailed to the wall not even together with the bed set. The curtains were huge and very tacky. The lamps looked very old and the wiring was questionable. The TV looked about 20 years old. 2 of 3 people in my party couldn't sleep due to cleanliness concerns and the constant thumping from the restaurant/nightclub exactly below us. We tossed and turned all night, unable to sleep because of the loud music below. We were afraid to turn the light off in our room, for fear of what we might find. The bathroom was just gross! I sat I one of the chair and waited until we could flee early in the morning. Good thing I had the highway outside my window to keep me alert all night incase anything appeared from the gloomy corners. Anyone would be better off sleeping at the airport. I wish we did! All in all it's not the worst accommodations in the world. It's a brown mattress, strange smells, and an all night party right below, but all in all it was a place to sleep ( for 1 of 3 people in my family ) and it beats not having a place at all. If your on a budget, need to be close the airport, and don't mind a little dirt and smells this may be a good place for you but for others I recommend the airport or paying more enjoy better accommodations.

Room Tip: It's best to not book at all.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ft Lauderdale
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed here only the one night on arriving into Miami late at night. No way we would have stayed if we were booked in for longer. Lobby is really nice but this does nothing more than make everything else look worse than it already is. Staff at front deck were nice enough but extremely slow in getting things sorted, seemed like they didn't know what they were doing half the time. Hotel has a bar in the same building, which you could easily hear from our room, and I'm sure most of the rest of the hotel too. Room was small, dirty, old and generally in a horrible state. We had to switch the fridge off to stop it's annoying banging sound that it made. Bathroom was the worst I have ever stayed at. Walls were cracked and peeling, rust on metallic surfaces, shower didn't work properly and initially wouldn't stop running even after taps both turned off. Hot tap in sink was cracked, seized and didn't work. The list really just goes on and on. Do your self a favour, don't stay here no matter the situation! Stay in a hostel if you have to, for a fraction of the price but multiple times the quality. I am still wondering now how they can go to sleep at night knowing the quality of rooms they are putting people in. Steer clear!!!

Room Tip: Get a room in another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We only stayed one night so the loss was not great. The standard room was beyond shabby. It looked like it had not been painted in a hundred years. The paint was chipped and peeling. The hallway was dark and the carpet was threadbare, to be polite. None of the electrical sockets or lamps worked. It did have a microwave and refrigerator, but I did not see if they were working as I wanted a better room. I was charged an additional $25.00 to get a room with working electricity. It was a better room, but nothing to really write home about. No fridge or microwave in this room and the shower leaked. Breakfast is served between 8:00 and 10:00, after the time you need to get to the airport if you have an early flight. Coffee in the lobby machine was $2.50. No complimentary coffee. If you need a hotel near the airport there are better choices.
Much to my surprise the restaurant next door was quite good.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque Nm Usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

My wife and I have to overnight in at MIA when traveling from the US SW to Colombia to visit her family. We usually stay at the Days Inn (it's decent, we have stayed there) right down the street but we booked this place as it's average rating was just below the Days Inn and the Days Inn rate went up about 25%. Big mistake that I booked this. Where to begin? Ugh...their website states that they have a shuttle at the top of the hour ever hour. We called them at 5 minutes after the hour and was out of the baggage area 9 minutes after the hour but the front desk mistakenly stated we missed the shuttle when in reality it LEAVES the hotel at the top of the hour and arrives at MIA between 10 mins. & 15 mins after the hour so we ended up missing it because of their misinformation and had to wait a whole other hour and that one didn't arrive until 20 mins. after the hour even though it was just after midnight and not busy. Upon arrival, we found out our pre-booked room was on the second floor BUT there was no elevator and NO ONE offered to carry our 20 kg. bags up to it. Upon getting into the room at about 1 am after a full day of travel, it reeked horribly, it was dirty throughout, the sink constantly dripped and the shower did not work properly. But we dealt with it was we had no energy left and from experience as a Latin American she was sure she would get nowhere pointing out these issues with her fellow Latin Americans on the staff who barely spoke any clear English. See the photos. There are hard to believe. I have been stuck in 3rd world countries in the middle of nowhere and have found better accommodations when I have really had no other alternatives. I called the hotel a few days later. Manager off on the weekend. Called on the follow Monday. Manager is out sick. Called the following week on a Thursday. Left a message for the manager and got no call back. Finally tracked down the manager the following Monday and she had the gall to state that "well, we didn't complain at the time so there is nothing we can do." (she was not on duty at 1 am and I could tell the person on duty had no authority to do anything). She stated that we could have requested another room. What????!!! Do they "hold back" some rooms that are ACTUALLY nice? Is that some kind of joke. Well, I am not laughing and nor was my wife.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Ive been in cochroach hotels in Thailand, and small smelly dorms in japan, but this is possably the worst i've ever had to pay for - 150 US dollar for stinking, run down, noisy and dirty room. Our friend stayed here and complained and he got a 10% in return. So if you dont argue then like us you will get nothing in return - if you have the chance stay away from this "motel" STAY AWAY!! The spanish speaking house keeper was indeed very friendly - but the rest of the staff looked like they had been working there toooo looong!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Miami Springs / Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!