“this "motel" deserves nada...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Miami Springs / Miami International Airport

Save Saved
You added Ramada Miami Springs / Miami International Airport to your Saves list
Ramada Miami Springs / Miami International Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   5001 NW 36th Street, Miami, FL 33166-6003 (Formerly Airways Airport Inn)   |
Ranked #98 of 131 hotels in Miami
Oslo, Norway
“this "motel" deserves nada...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Ive been in cochroach hotels in Thailand, and small smelly dorms in japan, but this is possably the worst i've ever had to pay for - 150 US dollar for stinking, run down, noisy and dirty room. Our friend stayed here and complained and he got a 10% in return. So if you dont argue then like us you will get nothing in return - if you have the chance stay away from this "motel" STAY AWAY!! The spanish speaking house keeper was indeed very friendly - but the rest of the staff looked like they had been working there toooo looong!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

268 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Valley City, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I I agree with the other folks. It smelled like a wet dog kennel! I asked if there was another room they could upgrade me to, They said for an additional $75.00 dollars! I agree the lobby is nice although when you walk out of the lobby you’re in trouble! I have stayed in third world countries that are a hundred times nicer! The carpeting was so trashed it looked like it was under a old car that dripped oil. My wife and I would not walk on the carpet bare foot. I wanted to burn my shoes when we left. Turned the air conditioner on and the air coming out smelled like urine it was the worst place I had ever stayed. Owner must be friends with health department to let this go on!

Room Tip: I would rather sleep on curb. One night there and felt like i needed a tetanus shoot.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Booked two rooms for 2 persons each for 1 night.

Don't be fooled by the professional pictures and don't be fooled by the fancy lobby. Your room will be filthy - old dirty carpet, chipped furniture put in 50 years ago and dirty bathroom, clogged drain and it smells moldy. My two girls decided not to use the bathroom to take a shower . They'd rather skip it.

No blanket in the bed. I guess they want you go use the dirty smelly bed cover on top of the sheet. I decided not to use it and sleep on the same bed (two double bed) with my husband and use the two bed sheets to cover ourselves.

My husband suggested we changing to another hotel. I know they wouldn't refund and thank God I only booked this place for one night for my 10-day Florida trip.

I agree with another reviewer that this place should be closed.

The system wouldn't allow for 0 star and I have to give a one star and that's for the friendly front desk.

To be honest, I've never stayed in a hotel or motel as unpleasant as this one! You just don't want to touch anything in the room if possible! Please trust the other reviewer's picuture. My husband took some pictures of the room. I don't have time to share yet.

Room Tip: Just avoid it!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

After a long day traveling the only thing that I wanted was take a nice shower and have some rest to continue traveling the next day. But my experience in this hotel was terrible... The room is nasty, everything in the bathroom is clogged, the bed sheets are nasty, I was not able to sleep beause the building is really old and look very insecure. I just wonder if somebody inspect this type of business before they start operating. Airways inn is receiving a lot profit but is not doing anything for the clients. I am not paying $20 or $30, i payed $85 and i am not asking for a five star hotel, i am asking for what is fare for that price. This type of institution are aceptable, this is not the way that you receive travelers.

• Stayed January 2013
St.Gallen
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The location is close to the airport. And staff is friendly and helpfull. But thats all what positive you can hear about this hotel.
Rooms are very poor old and dirty. you hear everything from outside. If you need a bed for one or two night.... close your eyes and go ahead... have some whiskey in the bar next to the hotel. chill it at the pool, use the wifi. but avoid the rooms in the day light.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Atlantic City, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This hotel was absolutely disgusting! It was filthy dirty, there was mold/mildew in the bathroom and surrounding walls, paint peeling off, the beds were dirty, and the hotel corridors as well as rooms had a foul smell. It looks nothing like the pictures online make it appear. It was so bad we did not stay and lost our money as the hotel refused to do anything about it!

On top of the condition of the rooms there was a group of people at the top of the stairs arguing about someone "f***ing" their wife and discussing drugs, I believe it was specifically crack. We were with 8 & 10 year old children that should not have been subjected to that behavior or vocabulary. Besides the conditions of the hotel this environment made us feel unsafe and we refused to subject the children to that.

We called Expedia multiple times to see if we could be changed to another hotel thru Expedia. We were repeatedly advised that they could do nothing as the hotel refused to refund our money. They advised they have a 24 hour cancellation policy and would not refund as it was after that time.

We flew to Miami the same day as check in. We were not cancelling because we cancelled our trip or decided to stay elsewhere, we were cancelling because of the atrocious conditions and environment of this establishment. We do not live there, had never seen the hotel before, and had no way to know 24 hours in advance that we would not be willing to stay there.

We asked Expedia if they could book us in another hotel and apply the money we paid for Airways toward another hotel room thru Expedia and were told no.

The only accommodation the hotel offered was to upgrade my bothers room to a newer room, I believe they called it a suite for an additional cost of $50. The claimed they only had that one available and could not do anything for our second room. One of us was not going to stay there without the other, nor were we going to PAY additional money to do so. That is completely unacceptable.

Worst hotel we ever stepped foot in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The hotel looks better from outside and was partly under construction. Interior was partly quite shabby. Light in the bathroom didn't work. They offered (a simple) breakfast, but there was nowhere to sit down and eat, so I had to take it (without a tray) up to my room which was not very convenient at all.
A plus is the complimentary airport shuttle every hour. Location not far from the airport. Service was friendly. I guess for the price it was ok for Miami...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Ramada Miami Springs / Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!