“Spending a night in a dog kennel would be beter!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada Miami Springs / Miami International Airport

Save Saved
You added Ramada Miami Springs / Miami International Airport to your Saves list
Ramada Miami Springs / Miami International Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5001 NW 36th Street, Miami, FL 33166-6003 (Formerly Airways Airport Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #92 of 130 hotels in Miami
Valley City, Ohio
“Spending a night in a dog kennel would be beter!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I I agree with the other folks. It smelled like a wet dog kennel! I asked if there was another room they could upgrade me to, They said for an additional $75.00 dollars! I agree the lobby is nice although when you walk out of the lobby you’re in trouble! I have stayed in third world countries that are a hundred times nicer! The carpeting was so trashed it looked like it was under a old car that dripped oil. My wife and I would not walk on the carpet bare foot. I wanted to burn my shoes when we left. Turned the air conditioner on and the air coming out smelled like urine it was the worst place I had ever stayed. Owner must be friends with health department to let this go on!

Room Tip: I would rather sleep on curb. One night there and felt like i needed a tetanus shoot.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

277 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Booked two rooms for 2 persons each for 1 night.

Don't be fooled by the professional pictures and don't be fooled by the fancy lobby. Your room will be filthy - old dirty carpet, chipped furniture put in 50 years ago and dirty bathroom, clogged drain and it smells moldy. My two girls decided not to use the bathroom to take a shower . They'd rather skip it.

No blanket in the bed. I guess they want you go use the dirty smelly bed cover on top of the sheet. I decided not to use it and sleep on the same bed (two double bed) with my husband and use the two bed sheets to cover ourselves.

My husband suggested we changing to another hotel. I know they wouldn't refund and thank God I only booked this place for one night for my 10-day Florida trip.

I agree with another reviewer that this place should be closed.

The system wouldn't allow for 0 star and I have to give a one star and that's for the friendly front desk.

To be honest, I've never stayed in a hotel or motel as unpleasant as this one! You just don't want to touch anything in the room if possible! Please trust the other reviewer's picuture. My husband took some pictures of the room. I don't have time to share yet.

Room Tip: Just avoid it!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

After a long day traveling the only thing that I wanted was take a nice shower and have some rest to continue traveling the next day. But my experience in this hotel was terrible... The room is nasty, everything in the bathroom is clogged, the bed sheets are nasty, I was not able to sleep beause the building is really old and look very insecure. I just wonder if somebody inspect this type of business before they start operating. Airways inn is receiving a lot profit but is not doing anything for the clients. I am not paying $20 or $30, i payed $85 and i am not asking for a five star hotel, i am asking for what is fare for that price. This type of institution are aceptable, this is not the way that you receive travelers.

• Stayed January 2013
St.Gallen
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

The location is close to the airport. And staff is friendly and helpfull. But thats all what positive you can hear about this hotel.
Rooms are very poor old and dirty. you hear everything from outside. If you need a bed for one or two night.... close your eyes and go ahead... have some whiskey in the bar next to the hotel. chill it at the pool, use the wifi. but avoid the rooms in the day light.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The hotel looks better from outside and was partly under construction. Interior was partly quite shabby. Light in the bathroom didn't work. They offered (a simple) breakfast, but there was nowhere to sit down and eat, so I had to take it (without a tray) up to my room which was not very convenient at all.
A plus is the complimentary airport shuttle every hour. Location not far from the airport. Service was friendly. I guess for the price it was ok for Miami...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Zurich, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Worst experience ever: the fire alarm rang at 2am! We were running outside of the building. Nobody was informing us what is happening!

The whole hotel and room was very dirty, bathroom smelling bad, full with rust and fungi.
Service was poor, shuttle bus was traveling very rarely and not according to the timetable, had to wait 1 hour.

We could not leave the baggage at the hotel reception, but only at the gift shop inside the hotel in front of reception.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

The room was pretty grim by regular hotel standards but it is an airport hotel and was ok for 2 nights. The staff on the other hand were shockingly rude. It was actually just the daytime front desk guy. He could not have been less helpful; we asked him if there was anywhere to leave on bags on the day we checked out as our flight was not until later (we only asked to leave them for an hour) he said there was absolutely no way we could leave them as the hotel did not have this facility. After asking a second time if we could perhaps just leave them behind the desk, we were still told no. However, when we asked the shuttle bus driver if we could leave them in the shuttle bus, he told us we coud not but that leaving them behind the desk would not be a problem and promply produced the relevant tags for our bags. Daytime front desk guy is a lying, deceitful piece of work..

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada Miami Springs / Miami International Airport? Share your experiences!