“Excellent !!!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Excellent !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

I am happy that we didn't backed up when we saw that the restaurant is inside a BP gas station!
The atmosphere is great, the spanish theme decor and spanish music create a very nice place to eat and have fun with friends.
The menu is pretty extensive and you whant to try everything :)
They also have wines from all over the world at a reasonable price, we had an Argentinean malbec delicious.
Defenetly Im coming back with more friends and family.
Remember to make a recervation firts.

“AMAZING hidden GEM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I almost didnt write this because well, I don't want to spoil its "quaint hidden style"
FOOD = fantastic!
Service= on point!
definitely a very intimate place to bring a foodie friend

• Visited November 2012
New York City, New York
“Great Vibe”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

El Carajo International Tapas & Wine is located in the back of a gas station. They serve the best Tapas and Corvina fish dishes you ever had. Go and enjoy. I did.

• Visited December 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Absolutely Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife and I walked to this restaurant from the Metro Vizcaya Station, it took us about 15 minutes and that was when we actually overshot it by a bit.

We arrived at 12:53h on Wednesday.2013.Jan.02. The restaurant is located in the rear of the gas station's convenience store. It's hard to believe such a good restaurant is situated where it is.

When we arrived there were only 6 other people eating and so we were seated immediately. Spanish music is played in the background and the interior is beautifully painted such that it gives a very relaxed and laid back feeling.

They have wines from all over the world, but as we're not big drinkers, we passed as we surely wouldn't be able to appreciate whatever we ordered.

The menu is quite extensive and at first we were overwhelmed and didn't know what to order.

Salads, soups, cold and hot tapas, paella, meals, and desserts.

In the end, we ordered:

1. $16 - Corvina al Grill en Salsa de Mostaza y Camarones (Fresh Corvina Grilled Served with Shrimps & Mustard Sauce)
2. $13.50 - Crepe de Cangrejos (Crab Meat Crepe)

Appetizer bread with very light olive oil and hot pepper was served, the oil and bread combination was great.

The Corvina fish was grilled to perfection, honestly, I've never had a more delicious grilled fish. The yucca was soft and warm, much like taro but not as sweet, yet still a delight to the senses. The plantains were sweet and yummy!

The Crepe's mixture was an excellent thick and creamy blend of crab meat, the cheese on the top added a perfect bit of sweetness and the portion was large.

These dishes were perfect for sharing and I really suggest eating here with as many friends and family as you can and sharing everything you order. (18% gratuity for parties of 6 or more)

My wife and I were pretty full after our meal and actually didn't have room for dessert, which usually doesn't happen.

If I'm ever back in Miami, I would definitely go back to this restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami
“Deliciosoooooo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is a little restaurant with a peculiar name not that good for the hispanic people in a place that you can not expect, because when you get there is like a seven eleven on the outside , but when you go inside is beautiful, cozy to go with your husband or boyfriend, the place is really nice i really enjoyed the food is amazing and its not expensive i will go again with my family

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to El Carajo? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage El Carajo, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.