“Yummy Cuban” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Cuban
Summerton, South Carolina
“Yummy Cuban”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Had been on the road all day. Although we were tired, we knew we needed to go walk around so we walked across the street from our hotel to the Bayside Marketplace and wanted to get supper. Many of the restaurants were outside seating and I wanted AC. Wasn't too hot but I needed some breeze. Selected the Latin American Cuban Cafe. Not as cool temp-wise as I would have liked but acceptable. Now I know very little Spanish so a little intimidating to walk in and that is pretty much all I heard but was able to converse with the waitress enough to place order. I ordered a mojito and My husband a Sprite. My mojito was soooooo good. We ordered the fried pork chunks with fried plantains and garlic/pesto sauce appetizer. This was NOT greasy and it was sooo good. I ordered a Cuban and My husband a club sandwich. I do not care for Swiss cheese but I decided I was getting it the way they make it. It was yummy! However I could only eat half of it. It was large. Should have split it. Little pricey at $52 plus tip and they took our picture then had a magnet and two key chains for $20. Yeah. We bought them. I don't think I take good pictures and it was a decent picture. Kind of close seating inside but it was not too crowded so it was fine.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Shocking welcome”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Excellent atmosphere - but please don't be shocked if you just order a Cuban coffee and they don't sell it to you because you are not ordering lunch. That was the first thing the waitress said to me. I posted pictures of how many empty tables there were .. It was right before noon - I could understand this if there was a line out the door.
In closing - we asked for a manager and she was wonderful - she allowed us to stay and I was very grateful for that on a very hot Miami day -

Visited June 2013
Preston, United Kingdom
“Bayside retreat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Like - A welcome tasty meal after poor / late airline meal. Nice location.

Dislike - Gratuities coming as part of the bill and not left to customers discretion

Visited March 2013
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
“Good to try something a bit different.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Tried this restaurant down at Miami's Bayside - fancied something a little different. While the food was good (and I'd recommend it), the service was a bit disappointing and disinterested. While I sat outside, being on my own I got told I had to sit on a small table. That would be fine except the small table was in a corner next to where the the waiting staff cleared empty plates away. And although I was interested in trying one particular dish, I was told to try one of the Taste of Cuba dishes. While it was a good recommendation, there's has to be a way of making it a that doesn't make you feel having a menu is a waste of time. The food was worth it, although I'm not sure I'd rush back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“We go there all the time is like homemade food!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I don't cook but I do know what it should taste like and this is like my Mother used to make,love this place you can have a great meal at a very reasonable price

Visited March 2013