“Get More on the Captain Sir Charter” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Go sailing on the NEWEST Charter Sailboat in Miami for a day of sailing/sightseeing OR a Romantic Sunset and City Lights Tour of Miami.We specialize in Romantic Sunset and Night Evening Tours. Also available: Romantic Dinner Trips, Overnight Charters to the Florida Keys, and Week Long trips to the Bahamas. Step aboard the Best and the Newest Sailboat in Miami -- it's truly sailing FIRST CLASS! Check out the website and photos of the boat. CAPTAIN SIR! is in a class by itself but no more expensive than sailing in coach class!
Atlanta, Georgia
“Get More on the Captain Sir Charter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Dealing with Russ, the owner of the Captain Sir, was easy. We described the type of outing we were looking for and he delivered it PLUS more! Everything was first class including the crab cakes. We booked a half day day trip and the next time I would schedule an entire day. If you are looking for a memorable trip, on a fully equipped, well maintained sailboat with a great captain book a charter here. You get more than you pay for.

Visited October 2012

miami
“The Best Day Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I decide to do a surprise for my boyfriend in our anniversary, and captain sir was beyond of what I expected, the service was outstanding susan and russ are super nice, the food was excellent, and we were so lucky that we even got the perfect moon, in other words everything was perfect,this was the best money that I have ever spend in my life.We felt like if we're in a movie. Thank you very much Russ and Susan for making our day so special you will here from us soon...Yaisleni & Randy

Visited October 2012
Irvine, California
“It's everything you imagined and more!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

As "seasoned" Miami visitors, my husband and I never thought about chartering a sail boat because we usually get on a much larger cruise ship when we're in town. Never did I imagine that the intimate charter is the way to go. Another couple we were traveling with decided to contact Russ the owner of Captain Sir and from the first point of contact, he's been accommodating and gave great suggestions on how we can spend our day out. We chose the 4 hour charter, and the experience was amazing from the moment we step aboard.

The small yacht is BEAUTIFUL! All amenities on board was first class all the way. State of the art navigating equipment along with 2 beautiful berths and a fully equipped kitchen. We chose an 11 am- 3 pm sail time and wished immediately wished we charted this for the full day. Our suggested itinerary included a trip out to Stiltsville to see the last remaining houses, a side trip to a sand bar where we could enjoy the warm waters of Florida and finally a tour of the amazing house of Biscayne Bay.

In addition to the tour, Russ also made us an incredible lunch along with the most amazing chocolate opera cake. We felt like we were celebrities living the life of luxury! The charter was the highlight of our trip. When in town, this is something you must do, whether it's a half day tour, full day tour or even a week long charter to the Keys or the Bahamas, Russ will be able to help you plan the perfect itinerary.

We can't thank him enough for the amazing day we had and we're planning a return visit soon.

Coral Gables, Florida, United States
“FANTASTIC SERVICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Captain Russ has done it again. I arranged an overnight birthday cruise for my girlfriend and myself on August 12. Russ took care of ALL the arrangements, food, bedding, towels, snacks and much more. Although summer weather here in Miami can be a little sketchy, that day turned out beautifully. Out near Fowey Rock Light, we sat in the sunshine, snorkeled in flat, calm gorgeous waters and watched it storm like crazy over the city. By the time we returned to anchor for dinner inside Key Biscayne, the weather had cleared for a fantastic sunset. I would heartily recommmend Captain Sir! for any sailing adventure you have in mind.

Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
29 attraction reviews
“A Truly Serendipitous Discovery!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Whilst on our summer family holiday in Key Biscayne, I was trawling the 'net, looking for good recommendations on restaurants - of course!!! When I somehow, in a truly serendipitous key stroke "accident", I came across a review on Captain Sir! and it's owner/Captain Russell Boley!
I do need to repeat what I read in another review on a different review site that "it just sounded too good to be true!" Captain Sir offers sailing in Miami on a luxurious charter sailboat, and the BIG attraction for me when I read this was that no group is too big or too small!!! I decided to call and book - as it was husbands birthday, and this is something he loves but never gets a chance to do!!! I must add that this was a true act of selflessness on my part, as I have been sailing exactly once before, and hated it - primarily because I felt sea sick for the entire trip!!! On the phone, Captain Russell sounded exactly how I expected - he was friendly and warm and relaxed, in a very confidence-inspiring way, and was able to put my fears about sailing to rest- without making me feel like a total wimp! We booked for the 4 of us - 2 adults 2 kids (aged 9 and 5,) for an afternoon sail around Miami (about 4 hours in total.)

THE EXPERIENCE: Captain Russell met us on the dock - brilliant and easy instructions on how to get there - and with no fuss we embarked and were off on the "high seas." He was just lovely - to us and to our boys - one of whom chose NOT to be his usual "angelic" self on this occasion. I was talking about keel-hauling my 9 year old, and Captain Russ was calmly teaching my boys how to sail and tack and other pirate talk, that they can now use quite knowledgeably! He took us sight seeing around the Bay, on a magnificent, STABLE, 42 foot yacht. We learned a huge amount about the houses (that I need to win the lottery to buy,) and about the interesting people who live and have lived in them! Soft Drinks are included and Russell had also kindly purchased a bottle of champagne on my behalf (saving me the trip to the bottle store) which was extra (WITH NO RIP-OFF MARKUP!) and and and... it turns out he is an award-winning chef - and presented my husband with the best Key Lime Pie either of us has ever tasted for his birthday!!!!! And very chocolatey cake for the boys!!!! We ate and drank and swam and chatted AND.... Sailor, Award-Winning Chef Captain Russell is also a Magician - I give up Captain R - I cannot work out how you did the cork switch!!!! And then IT WAS OVER!!!!! Did I mention how much fun we all had - even the sailing "wimp" forgot about being scared about 4 seconds after getting on board! It was as good - and better than we had hoped. My husband, and Kids and I had a fabulous afternoon. I am delighted and grateful that we found them and when we go back to Miami, the first thing we will do is to secure another booking with Captain Sir Charters!