“Deliciously Authentic” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Miami, Florida
“Deliciously Authentic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

This is a lovely little gem of a restaurant close to the Miami International Airport and near Coral Gables. The food is fabulous with excellent service. The best value is for lunch, where for $8.99 you get your choice of soup of the day or salad and the special of the day with one side dish. Typical specials can include cod, chicken breast with mushroom sauce, ternera estofada (beef stew), paella or pork steak. The food is always fresh and tastes like my abuelita’s cooking. Do not pass up on the desserts, which include traditional offerings like Tarta Santiago and Crema Catalana. The only thing better than the delicious food is the wonderful service. This place has everything I look for when I dine out: inviting atmosphere, fresh food prepared well, great service and value. They also offer sensational tapas and what better way to spend an afternoon than drinking wine and enjoying tapas with friends and family?

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Great food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Excelent place.good service.dont miss this place.Calatrava de coco is a desert made by the owners mother..omg. And the owner himself pay attention to each costumer...that kind of attention is not common now days.I will love to became a regular costumer here...it worth it.

Visited January 2014
Miramar, Florida
“Clean, warm ambience and excellent food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We visited Madrid Tapas y vinos, under the new owners, about week and a half ago. I ordered the fish with green sauce, very good; mom ordered just the shrimp tapa, delicious, my sister had the meat...omg....soft, right on the money; her husband ordered an españolisimo 'tray' of ham, cheese, chorizo....excellent !! Their menu is not long, but enough to water your mouth, good selection of wines. But the desserts.....DIVINES. We had a coconut flan and tarta de Santiago increiblemente deliciosos, deliciosos. We loved the place. The flavor of the food, the care for the detail in the presentation of the plates, the people, the warmth of the place..all of this...a great combination.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington, DC
“Nice little Spanish place in Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Found this place as I was driving by. Stopped in and had some tapas and sangria. The portions are large and the food was very good. I will definitely come again when in the area. The owner was very friendly as well.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I found this restaurant with a quick search from my blackberry telenav while on business in Miami.

My server was excellent, she explained each of the dishes. I settled on the chicken breast steak with mushroom sauce. I also had fried sweet red bananas, white rice with black beans as sides. All at the suggestion and guidance of my server. Sorry I forgot her name!

The food was excellent, tasty, nice presentation and generous portion. I had a tasteful glass of Sangria with lots of fruit. I also had soup as an appetizer - Caldo Gallego Galician Soup, warm and very flavorful to warm me up on a cool rainy day in Miami.

With a full dinner, appetizer 2 beverages, the bill totalled $23 and change. It was filling and more than plenty to hold me through to the airport. Well worth it.

I will definetly visit them again on my next trip. Treat yourself if you are in the Miami area!

• Visited October 2012