“This chef is truly fantastic and outside the box!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Miami, Florida
“This chef is truly fantastic and outside the box!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This restaurant is a real sleeper.

The chef is absolutely excellent, serving a variety of dishes that are truly outside the box. Our server was both professional and caring, making for a easygoing and very tasty dinner.

• Visited November 2012

100% Recommend
Miami, Florida
“Just what we were looking for!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

So it is a Saturday Night and you are going out for a late dinner and want to stay away from South Beach or the Gables but want a nice atmosphere and great food this is one of the handful of places to do that in the Kendall area. Location is unpretencious if not commercial since it is in a strip shopping center. Once inside the simple but tasteful decor puts you at ease. The service is so wonderful it may even make the food taste better, the staff was accomodating and was able to find a combination that was exactly what my wife wanted that night. Filet mignon was perfect as was my chicken rolatini, the rissotto was the best and just what we were looking for. They have a comprehensive wine list even though a glass of house wine was good for this dinner. For all those that like to bring their own there is a reasonable corkage fee so I would recomend you go for it with your wine. I am actually looking forward to a return visit and tryiing to find some other gem on the menu. It may be just the place for you for that special dinner. Excellent!

• Visited September 2012
“Perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

This is a small Italian restaurant with the walls covered in colorful oil paintings. The menu is short but it is the daily special you want to pay attention to. I must have gone like 10 times now and I have never been disappointed. The crab cake for appetizer is delicious and the fish of the day is so soft that it melts in your mouth. Last night I has fillet mignon with a Marsala sauce that was delicious. Normaly I do not care for lamb but I trod a bite from my Mom's and it was very good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Miami, Florida
“Never cease to surprise me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

The menu is small but the chef's imagination is abundant. I have gone about 10 times by now, and every time the day's specials are totally different and a wide variety to select from. The restaurant is not big and the walls are covered by nice artwork that make the place cozy, romantic and inviting. They have a great selection of wine. My recommendation is you order from the day's special, and if you like fish, go for it. I just melts in your mouth. The staff is very helpful and attentive.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

We came here with two other couples on a Friday night; the place was half full which is rare, it's usually fuller. Although it is somewhat expensive, they have an extensive menu and everything we've ever eaten here is tasty, different, and beautifully presented on the plate. The servers know their stuff and memorize the numerous daily specials to verbally pass the information on to their customers. Most of us had the grilled corvina fish, which was delicious; perfectly spiced and not fishy at all. One of us ordered a pork chop stuffed with chorizo and cheese; delicious as well. I had a lobster bisque soup which was very tasty, but I felt there should've been at least a couple of lobster chunks in it; this one was strictly creamy. The service is very attentive. If I have a complaint is that it's hard with the daily specials, with all the available options and minutely detailed verbal explanations from the server on each entree, to remember the details of each one and to then ultimately choose one at the end It gets confusing and you forget which explanation went with what. Also our server on this night was a little hard to understand, and he had an annoying habit of swaying back and forth as he was giving us the info, so it was even harder to concentrate on what he was saying. It'd be a lot easier if they drew up a supplemental sheet of their daily "specials" and attach it to their regular menu (along with the prices, which is another issue--they don't disclose the prices of these "specials" upfront, and so you may be surprised when the bill arrives-I don't feel they're really specially priced at all). However, we really like this place and will come back.

• Visited May 2012