“Hotel is not what was expected..” 3 of 5 stars

Kendall Hotel and Suites
9100 North Kendall Drive, Miami, FL 33176   |
Ranked #100 of 129 hotels in Miami
Naples, Florida
“Hotel is not what was expected..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were looking for a hotel around Kendall. This hotel is in a great location by Dadeland mall. When we entered it appears to be a large hotel which it is very big. I thought it was odd that the hotel was so empty. My husband said it looked nice and the people were nice. When we entered room it was large and outdated for sure. The room was not updated in a while it looked like everything was old. There were a couple of stains on the lamp and the couch which made me feel that we had made a mistake choosing this hotel. This room appeared to have been vacant a long time. Our experience at this hotel ended when I pulled the sheet to the bed only to find what appeared to be a bug. We were not sure if it was a bed bug but we stormed out of there immediately. Definately would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
West Palm Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I'm a guest of Baptist hospital. My secretary booked me the hotel because of its location (right next to Baptist Hospital) We used to get special rate with breakfast included, however now they charge it for $11.99 extra. The room is big which is a plus, but the building is very old, especially the elevator, which is very scary, it seems out of maintenance and would plummet in any second. No wifi here, yes, NO wifi in the 21st century. No restaurants near by, not even a McDonald. You have to drive to US1 and the traffic of Miami is not pleasant at all. The AC is not working properly, I set it at 60C (which is the lowest it goes) but the room is still hot an stuffy Housekeeping insists on knocking even though the sign of "Do Not Disturb" is hung and when they come they do not replenish essentials. Hot water only runs <10 mins so take a military-style shower. This place is shabby and overpriced. If you stay in the 1st floor, Jackpot!! Lots of children screaming passing by to their tennis camp.

Room Tip: Something to note for their breakfast is that someone makes omelets for you by the order but it'...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Oxford, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The room was absolutely huge, included 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, living room, kitchen. The room would have been great had I been staying for a week, however, I only needed it for a night. I am not a fan of separate buildings. The biggest downfall, no wireless internet connection in the rooms! It is inconceivable to me in this day and age that a hotel would not have access to wireless service. The buffet breakfast was just OK. I don't think I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Price is not bad but you get what you pay for.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have stayed here twice in the last 6 months. Four nights in October 2012 and one night in February 2013. This hotel is so close to being very good it is a shame the owner doesn't make the extra effort needed. It is in a very good location in south Miami. Next to the large Baptist Hospital which has beautiful grounds which adjoin the Kendall. Also near shops and good resturants. Coconut Grove and Coral Gables and the University of Miami. Beach and Fairchild Tropical Gardens ( not to be missed) within 5 miles. The hotel is 2 towers for rooms and a seperate lodge area for check in, bar and resturant. Staff is friendly and helpful. Each tower has interior court yard and within the court yard exterior hallways to the rooms. Very nice so most rooms have a garden view and some also overlook the pool area . The pool area and surrounding grounds are very nice and well maintained. The rooms are spacious and clean. But here are the negatives....some of the furnishing show wear, the good size and equiped kitchen (stove and microwave) is short utensils for cooking. Big negative....no internet in rooms and very limited in lodge area. Did not work in either business center located in each tower. The whirlpool by the pool was coverup with a tarp in Oct and still in Feb ( part is coming)? Website is inaccurate...breakfast and parking both free not pay per website.....no internet in rooms and all suites don't have kitchens and 2 baths. In short this place is good and I like to stay here but it would only require some $$$ and a little more attention from the owner to make this place very good.

Room Tip: ask for room overlooking the pool area. this gets you in tower farther from the main highway. and wi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mountain Top, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS BAD!

First, it's definitely an older property and needs updating. There is not much at all around the hotel. The bar & kitchen closed earlier than stated. Breakfast was lacking and the same old stuff everyday. Everything is about 15-20 minutes away.

I had left my phone charger behind. I called the next day and was told to hold while they checked the room for it. They said they found it and they were sending it to me.

AFTER 8 TIMES TALKING TO SEVERAL DIFFERENT PEOPLE AT THE FRONT DESK, I STILL DO NOT HAVE MY CHARGER. Ok, I got it....I forgot my charger and it is my fault, but everyone I talked to kept saying I will send it myself and than they don't send it. It's like a big game to them. Just say hey we didn't find it or we have no way of sending it. I even offered to pay for it to be sent via fedex.

To keep telling me they are sending it right now and not sending it is just unprofessional & rude. KEEP THE CHARGER BECAUSE YOU LOST MY BUSINESS AND ALL MY CLIENTS BUSINESS. I'm a travel agent and tour company and you made a mistake having horrible customer service on this one.

Greg Paulson

Paulson National Tours

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS BAD! STAY AWAY!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Scandinavia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The hotel is nice, good sized rooms with big bathrooms and balcony.
Pool area is a bonus. This hotel was comfortable, but for me a bit too far from Miami Beach and all the action. I stayed here 3 - 4 days, since it was close to a friends place in Kendall.
Rate was incl breakfast (which is rare) , approx $100 per night, which is good, and the hot breakfast buffet was excellent!

The hotel was a bit quiet.., and the Miami vibe (feeling) was missing..
But good place to stay if you don`t mind the location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool area..
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Been to Kendall Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!