“So close to being Very Good” 3 of 5 stars

Kendall Hotel and Suites
9100 North Kendall Drive, Miami, FL 33176   |
Ranked #101 of 131 hotels in Miami
Virginia
“So close to being Very Good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have stayed here twice in the last 6 months. Four nights in October 2012 and one night in February 2013. This hotel is so close to being very good it is a shame the owner doesn't make the extra effort needed. It is in a very good location in south Miami. Next to the large Baptist Hospital which has beautiful grounds which adjoin the Kendall. Also near shops and good resturants. Coconut Grove and Coral Gables and the University of Miami. Beach and Fairchild Tropical Gardens ( not to be missed) within 5 miles. The hotel is 2 towers for rooms and a seperate lodge area for check in, bar and resturant. Staff is friendly and helpful. Each tower has interior court yard and within the court yard exterior hallways to the rooms. Very nice so most rooms have a garden view and some also overlook the pool area . The pool area and surrounding grounds are very nice and well maintained. The rooms are spacious and clean. But here are the negatives....some of the furnishing show wear, the good size and equiped kitchen (stove and microwave) is short utensils for cooking. Big negative....no internet in rooms and very limited in lodge area. Did not work in either business center located in each tower. The whirlpool by the pool was coverup with a tarp in Oct and still in Feb ( part is coming)? Website is inaccurate...breakfast and parking both free not pay per website.....no internet in rooms and all suites don't have kitchens and 2 baths. In short this place is good and I like to stay here but it would only require some $$$ and a little more attention from the owner to make this place very good.

Room Tip: ask for room overlooking the pool area. this gets you in tower farther from the main highway. and wi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Mountain Top, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS BAD!

First, it's definitely an older property and needs updating. There is not much at all around the hotel. The bar & kitchen closed earlier than stated. Breakfast was lacking and the same old stuff everyday. Everything is about 15-20 minutes away.

I had left my phone charger behind. I called the next day and was told to hold while they checked the room for it. They said they found it and they were sending it to me.

AFTER 8 TIMES TALKING TO SEVERAL DIFFERENT PEOPLE AT THE FRONT DESK, I STILL DO NOT HAVE MY CHARGER. Ok, I got it....I forgot my charger and it is my fault, but everyone I talked to kept saying I will send it myself and than they don't send it. It's like a big game to them. Just say hey we didn't find it or we have no way of sending it. I even offered to pay for it to be sent via fedex.

To keep telling me they are sending it right now and not sending it is just unprofessional & rude. KEEP THE CHARGER BECAUSE YOU LOST MY BUSINESS AND ALL MY CLIENTS BUSINESS. I'm a travel agent and tour company and you made a mistake having horrible customer service on this one.

Greg Paulson

Paulson National Tours

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS BAD! STAY AWAY!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Scandinavia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The hotel is nice, good sized rooms with big bathrooms and balcony.
Pool area is a bonus. This hotel was comfortable, but for me a bit too far from Miami Beach and all the action. I stayed here 3 - 4 days, since it was close to a friends place in Kendall.
Rate was incl breakfast (which is rare) , approx $100 per night, which is good, and the hot breakfast buffet was excellent!

The hotel was a bit quiet.., and the Miami vibe (feeling) was missing..
But good place to stay if you don`t mind the location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool area..
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Guatemala
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This hotel was a very bad option for staying. Very old, dirty, expensive. When we arrived the TV set did not worked, the safety box was closed and nobody could repair it until next day. Nobody answer at the front desk. Next day the tv was repaired, but it last only until night. We could not watch TV during our stay.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Saint Augustine, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed here over Christmas. If you are visiting friends/relatives in the Kendall area it's not a bad location. The prices are also pretty good. However, that's where it stops. The room we had was in desperate need of an update. The carpet was badly stained, the tub had large nicks in it, you couldn't open the mini bar or the safe. However, the size of the room was larger than most hotel rooms., The AC made a tapping noise throughout the night which kept me awake. You cannot park near your room so if you have any difficulty walking this would not be a great place to stay. There was no ice machine in our building - had to go to another one. I was told by a housekeeping staff member it was on the 2nd floor, got there & it wasn't working so had to go up to the 4th floor. Breakfast buffet was okay, but they keep the restaurant so cold that by the time you got the hot food to your table it had started to get cold. The staff at the front desk were pleasant and helpful whenever we dealt with them. However, we will not be staying there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sao Paulo, SP
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

rooms are big and clean,
breakfast is average,
internet is available in the lobby only, or in the business center on the first floor.

if you are staying in miami for other purposes than relaxing at a hotel, it's good value.

we stayed there during thanksgiving and we had no problems at all.

Room Tip: I don't think there are better/worse rooms here, except that some may be closer to the main buil...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Jannina L, General Manager at Kendall Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear guest; Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your review of our hotel. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We very much appreciate your comments and we can’t wait to welcome you back in the future. We are working now with the free WI-FI in every room.
Jannina
Durham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My wife and I had the misfortune to be accomodated here by American Airlines following a flight delay on 3rd November. I now understand why the hotel seemed completly devoid of guests and it was so easy for AA to book rooms at the drop of a hat!! Hotel is not well located and is devoid of any local aminities (apart from a hospital), rooms are dated and well worn (No WI-FI and TV's that are of the old fashioned non flat screen variety. Several times during the night we were unfortunate to be accomodated here, we were awoken several times by other guests attempting to enter our room, them also having been allocated our room by reception!! Breakfast was cold and overseen by the most miserable server I have ever encountered. Several guests actually missed breakfast as it was cleared away an hour early due to the hotel not being able to manage the clocks going back the night before.My main issue is that my credit card (which I presented to reception for ID purposes only) was subsequently charged $100.52 by the hotel on the day after I arrived back in the UK. This is despite the fact I confirmed on check out that I had no outstanding charges due. I have e mailed the hotel twice on this issue and have not even had the courtesy of an automated reply. (Thankfully my CC company is now persuing the issue). Overall a dreadful experience, to be avoided at all costs

Room Tip: Avoid at all costs
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Kendall Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!