“Very problematic hotel!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #100 of 129 hotels in Miami
London, United Kingdom
“Very problematic hotel!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We had very negative experience in this supposedly good hotel. First, a copy of our room key was given to other guests! Second, the in-room safe was locked; it took over an hour for technicians to open and operate it for us. Third, The hotel restaurant is a ripoff - you should double the menu prices to find out what you gonna pay. Fourth, the aircodition was very noisy. We asked to talk to a manager on duty but this was impossible for some excuses.

To sum up - very disappoing. We feel we had ebbn cheathed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

103 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Vero Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

This property, I am told, used to be a Radison, and I am sure that when it was, it was maintained, but no longer. The rooms, although large, were well worn and need upgrades. Old tv's and cracked lamp shades outweigh our clean and large room. The motel just seems old and worn, but the room was clean and comfortable. My rating should really show two and a half stars.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Decatur, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

This place is in dire need of updating.
The condition of the room would be shabby. Stains and burns in the rugs and furniture in run down condition.
Old TV's no wifi.
First "suite" we had.....one shower and one TV that did not work. They could not fix it and we had to move.
The second room stunk of tobacco...they sprayed it... still was awful. We would have left but we were there to visit very ill family member staying at the adjacent hospital.
We were there for a week and barely in the room.
After much complaining we received $100 credit toward our bill for the week.
The only plus was the free breakfast served in a lovely room and quite nice.
I had to return to the area a week later and stayed at the Marriot Dadeland which was a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: My tip is to check with TripAdvisor... I have found some great hotels and have been steered away fr...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Checked in to what I thought would be a comfortable and decent hotel. Turns out the rooms are neglected, The furniture is worn and the elevator on my way up to the 4th floor made so much noise I though it's cables were going to snap. I immediately returned to the front desk gave my grievance and checked out. The concierge told me management is aware of the problems but do nothing! I asked for a full refund and I was given one. I was going to stay in this hotel to be near my mom who had surgery at the Baptist Hospital next door and avoid the commute from South Beach to Kendall where I was going to stay with my aunt. I opted to rent a car and commute than to stay in an overpriced delapilated room. (June 07, 2012)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Apex, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Just got back from a two night stay at the Kendall Hotel and Suites in Miami. We booked the room directly through the hotel website and got a rate that was as good as any of the discount booking services, plus two free breakfasts each day. We stayed in a two bedroom suite. I was travelling with my brother and my two grown children. We were four large men staying in one room, so we really appreciated the space. The sitting room had a sofa, chair, coffee table and end tables, TV, and a dining room table with four chairs. Really roomy. We played a board game on the dining room table one evening. My brother slept in one bedroom with a double bed, the two boys (21 and 26) shared the king sized bed in the master suite and I slept on the pull-out sofa. It was ok, but not super comfy. I would not want to sleep there for more than a couple of nights. I am 6'1" and weigh just over 200 pounds, so pull out sofas don't typically accomodate me. The kitchen is a seperate room with a full sized refrigerator, dishwasher and stove. There were pots and pans and dishes, but we did not cook. We ate at Havana Harry's one night, which is right down the street. It was great, and super convenient. Back to the hotel - it is not brand new. It does show it's age. They could definitely benefit from some maintenance. The stucco on the outside walls was chipped off in a lot of places. However, our room was clean and we were treated very well. The staff was friendly. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet. It was much more substantial than the typical 'hotel suite' buffet. They had an omelet station, and a buffet that included fruit, grits, hash browns, eggs, pancakes, bacon, sausage, gravy, biscuits and a nice selection of sweet breads. The weather was overcast, so we didn't spend much time at the pool, but my brother and I laid out for an hour or so and it was quiet and comfortable. The jacuzzi was shut down. My brother said there were tadpoles in the water at the bottom of the jacuzzi. We did not use the tennis courts, but the next time I go there, (and I do plan to go back with my wife and kids), we will bring our rackets to play. We did not visit the bar or restaurant at night, so I can't comment on the atmosphere, but the bar, tables and chairs looked nice enough. All in all, we were pleasantly surprised at the size of the rooms, the size of the pool and the quality of the meals. I'll be back!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We have stayed here numerous times. This time it was under new management. It was dirty- had only 1 elevator in some of the buildings working. It is going down and not nbeing taken care of. We had to have keys to room re-programmed daily. The shower rod was falling off the wall. We asked it to be fixed. After 4 days of flooding the floor- and me calling Magnus Hotel chains- they finally repaired it. DIrty- and running down and management does not care. No drink machines anywhere and hardly anyone spoke English . DON'T stay here.

Room Tip: NONE all dirty and old and not being taken care of
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Cancun, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Stayed there for a long week end. I have visited this hotel at least 7 times and unfortunatelly every time it has decreased in service in maintenance and the overall experience. The owner needs to invest some money in this property. It is well located, great access to and from most areas of South Miami. The elevators are in such horrible conditions. The internet connection is a mess, carpeting in all the rooms is a shame. The room its self is rather large and not crowded but is outdated, dirty and runned down. The bathrooms are obsolete. The housekeeping staff does a lousy job. They barely do the bed! The staff is careless and the service they provide is below average. Obviously if they do not invest in the property and all they get is complaints, they must be tired of the same story and noone does anything about it. Their attitude shows.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Kendall Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!