“Good value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #102 of 130 hotels in Miami
Barbados
“Good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

We have stayed at the hotel three times in the last year. The bed and breakfast rate is hard to beat and though it is not a luxury property it is value for the rate. We use the hotel for visits to the Baptist Hospital right next door which is very convenient. we rent a car and find it easy to get around to shops and nearby Dadeland Mall. For a leisure trip we would stay out by the beach but for practicality, access to Kendall area and hospital it is ideal for us. The rooms are huge and were not originally designed for pure hotel use, I think, hence they are much larger. There are some areas of the hotel that could do with upkeep but the general feel of the property is quite acceptable

Room Tip: Rooms in egret block have slightly shorter walk to breakfast area
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

115 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

The service is poor and the hotel is not clean. It looks very run down with marks on the wall, old paint. Very deteriorated. Just last month (September 2011) I made a reservation for three family members. The staff did not treat them with respect. We complained to management and they promised a discount that never became a reality. A month later (October 2011) another family member decided to stay against my recommendation. Besides the sloppy appearance of the property, the roof leaked on his room on day two of this visit. This happened in the morning.The carpet was very wet. Well, they told him simply that he had to wait until 3PM to see if a room was available. Not until 4PM did they told us upon asking that a room was available. He moved. I asked for a discount for the inconvenience and they told me to come the next day to speak to the manager. The manager refused to offer a discount for the first 20 minutes. She later said she could reduce the rate $20 dollars only. The other issue of the hotel is the breakfast. During both visits multiple guests questioned if breakfast was included since the hotel give you the appearance it is always included. Well that is not the case, the breakfast is included for the $99 plus fares.

Do not stay. Consider instead Hotel Indigo about 1.5 aways or a hotel in the Dadeland area.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
miami
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

My family and I stayed here for a few months while our home was being renovated. During our stay: our sink stopped working. the roof leaked in several rooms (we had a two bed room suite) causing damage to many of our belongings (which the hotel did not offer to replace or event fix the problem). the walls had stains all over them. we constantly received dirty sheets when the maids would supposedly give us fresh ones (once i found blood stains on our "fresh sheets." the breakfast was good but often the fruit would be spoiled because it was left out and the bread had flies all over it. The maids were rude and would talk about us while we were in the room! (I guess they thought i didn't know spanish). This hotel has a roach problem as well as bed bugs! Also, although this hotel is located in a good area, many of it's guests are people of questionable morals. (quite frankly, I witnessed several instances where men would come with a female "guest." Personally I could care less but I would not want my ... My family and I stayed here while our home was being renovated. During our stay: our sink stopped working. the roof leaked in several rooms (we had a two bed room suite) causing damage to many of our belongings (which the hotel did not offer to replace or event fix the problem). the walls had stains all over them. we constantly received dirty sheets when the maids would supposedly give us fresh ones (once i found blood stains on our "fresh sheets." the breakfast was good but often the fruit would be spoiled because it was left out and the bread had flies all over it. The maids were rude and would talk about us while we were in the room! (I guess they thought i didn't know spanish). This hotel has a roach problem as well as bed bugs! Also, although this hotel is located in a good area, many of it's guests are people of questionable morals. (quite frankly, I witnessed several instances where men would come with a female "guest." Personally I could care less but I would not want my kids seeing this sort of thing). I'm from this area so I know that many of the local youth throw parties here (as I once did). This is no big deal unless you actually enjoy a full night's rest. The pool couldn't be dirtier. (I actually saw poop sitting at the bottom of the shallow end once). The gym machines are usually broken. The front desk staff are slow and incompetent. Lastly, there is no washer and drier. This is more of an inconvenience than a grievance. Anyways, this was a horrible experience. I never usually write these sort of things but this was so bad I just don't want anyone to go through what we went through. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Room Tip: If you’re interested in a good value place for a decent price... don't stay here! My 15 year old...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

I live in key west and was going in for a treatment at baptist hospital and I ran into this hotel by mistake. The hotel is right next to the Baptist Hospital. I was going to drive to the Marriott at Dadeland but went to check inside and was pleasantly surprised. The Lobby was nice and had a beautiful salt water fish tank. They let me look at room with a king bed and was much larger than a average hotel room. I ended up staying for three days. The breakfast was great at reasonable price of 12 dollars and the dinner was great too. All the staff was friendly and the customer service was great. This is a great option in a key location. I would recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

My family and I stayed here 3 nights the breakfast was the best The service was very good friendly atmosphere!! everyone was so polite and understanding, the rooms are spacious more than my expectations, everything was clean and nice.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Summerville, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

Same as above stayed for location purposes. I will not stay again for the price you can do a whole lot better !!!!! There were bugs crawling across floor but thank goodness that was on checkout day !!!!! Very outdated !!!!! outside looks good so maybe they need to pay attention to inside now !!!! Also had a french fry that remained in my room in the same place for 2 days even after the maid had cleaned it twice !!!!!! food was way over priced and was less than average in taste. shop around i have found really good deals that are just as good location wise!!!!! I travel to Miami once a month..... I should probably start my own blog on where to stay and where NOT to stay !!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

We went to Kendall to visit our friends who live 10 minutes away from the hotel. The hotel met its purpose for us which was just to sleep, shower and change. We spent all day out doing things. This is not a resort/vacation destination in my opinion; nevertheless, we found it to be comfortable and clean. It's definitely a bit outdated and in need of some repairs (one of the elevators was out of service for at least 4 days; we used the other one without a problem), but the grounds were neatly kept, the staff was friendly to us, and we were overall comfortable. We didn't eat at the hotel so we can't comment on the breakfast/lunch/dinner that was offered. Again, we were happy that it served its purpose. We would definitely stay there again in a similar situation.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Kendall Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!