“Awesome way to travel to South Beach!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Water Taxi Miami

Water Taxi Miami
401 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33132 (Downtown)
+1 305-600-2511
Website
Improve this listing
Book Now

Ranked #80 of 179 Activities in Miami
Type: Boat Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: The Water Taxi Miami is existing now for the 3rd year, we offers a single or round trip water taxi service in the Miami area. We have specific drop off and pickup locations in these area's. The benefit of using the water taxi in Miami is to use the natural environment the water instead of using individual cars to move to and from different key locations in Miami and Miami Beach. Water Taxi Miami introduced last December our Xpress service. Your private captain will on our 6 or less passenger Water Taxi Xpress and speeds up to 35mph over the water to accessible water front destination.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
7 attraction reviews
“Awesome way to travel to South Beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Our options of getting to South Beach from downtown Miami were the bus, taxi, or water taxi. I don't know why you would take the first two when you can take the water taxi! Round trip it was $20 for a 35 minute boat ride each way. It was really nice to see the Miami area on a boat and it doubled for us as a sightseeing drive as well as transport to the beach. I really enjoyed it and would definitely recommend it, especially if you don't plan on taking any other boat ride.

Visited January 2013

Seattle, Washington
6 attraction reviews
“Million dollar mansions by the water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Started from Crown Plaza Hollywood all the way on the intracoastal waterway to Fort Lauderdale Port Everglades, where one of largest cruise port in the country. Tour around the million dollar mansion by the water of rich and famous.

Visited December 2012
Valla, Australia
14 attraction reviews
“Cheaper than the tours and you see the same thing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We caught the Water Taxi back from Bayside marketplace to South Beach. 12bucks each and it goes past most of the things that the tours that cost three times as much. The crew point out all the mansions and tell you who they belong to. A fun way to spend half an hour. hanks to Captain Brenda and crew

London
14 attraction reviews
“Not just a means of transport - an activity in itself!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Took the Water Taxi from Bayside over to South Beach, and then from South Beach across a different part of the bay back to Bayside. For twenty dollars a head, this is a must-do! The Captain and her assistant are immensely friendly, charming and informative, and the trip itself is a refreshing blast of sea air! Lots to see (the port, the liners, the bridges, Star Island, Macarthur Causeway etc etc) and regular drop-offs and pick-ups from the southern end of South Beach's Art Deco district (also a must-see). So you can stay and sightsee for as long as you like, as long as you get back to the pier in time... If you only get the chance to go out on the water once while you're here, don't blow hundreds of dollars on speedboats, RIBs or big-game fishing operations... Hail the taxi and do it in relaxed style!

Atlanta, Georgia
11 attraction reviews
“Last ride of the day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was in downtown Miami for business and had a few hours to spare one day so I decided to take the water taxi to the South Beach area. I was staying at the Hilton so I had to call to get picked up at the pier near my hotel. I ended up on the last route for the day so I just took the boat ride over to South Beach and right back because if I would have gotten off at that late hour, I would have had to find another way back. Instead of going back to my hotel. I asked to be dropped at the Bayside Marketplace to finish my day bumbling there before heading back in and they abliged with a smile. The driver and her assistant were very nice. The ride itself was peaceful as I was the only passenger. The assistant told me about some of the sights along the way so it was like a tour instead of just a taxi from one side to another. I will definately make the time to use the water taxi again when in Miami.

Visited October 2012

Been to Water Taxi Miami? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Water Taxi Miami, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.