“Beautiful Facilities, Outstanding Therapist” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Exhale Spa

Exhale Spa
270 Biscayne Boulevard Way, Miami, FL 33131 (Downtown)
(305) 423-3900 ‎
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #86 of 179 Activities in Miami
Type: Spas
Attraction Details
Houston, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Facilities, Outstanding Therapist”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

We stayed at the Epic Hotel in Miami during our October 2011 vacation. The Exhale spa is located in the hotel on the 16th floor. The facility is very beautiful and very functional. They have a full workout facility, with weights, treadmills, and other equipment; not one of those hotel gyms, but a real gym. They also have workout/class studios, that have scheduled Yoga, Pilates and other types of workouts, everyday.

The hotel is actually part of a Residence, so the residents also use the facilities, which is what makes it a Full-fledged facility and not just a hotel room with 3 pieces of equipment.

On the lower floor, the Spa is located, and it is another large facility with massage rooms, and what is called a Hammam, for Coed use, and a Sauna in the Men's and Women's locker rooms. The Hammam, is essentially a Steam Room, but the temperature is regulated so that it does not get as hot as a true steam room, thereby, enabling more hydration control. It was interesting, but I enjoy the real heat, so did not spend a lot of time in there. It was very large and well appointed though, with room for approximately 10 or more people.

Everything in the Spa was first class, the locker rooms are pristine, and have every amenity you could possibly want. I neglected to ask where I could get the body wash, and regretted it, because it was wonderfully subtle and very refreshing.

The Spa has an extensive menu of massages, including Acupuncture. My wife or I, had never had acupuncture before and had some areas we thought would benefit, so signed up for it. In a nutshell, Fantastic results, and, the Therapist, Krista, was outstanding. To begin the session, she goes through a detailed history of your health and any complaints you may have, discusses them thoroughly enough to understand and ask follow up questions to make sure it is clear, then explains what areas she will work on that will benefit your specific issues. She then does the Acupuncture and follows up with a wonderful massage. I wasn't able to feel the results right away, but by the end of the session, it felt like a weight was lifted off of my body in the areas I complained about. It was the most memorable part of our trip. I highly recommend getting in touch with the Spa and requesting Krista for a session, she also does other massage therapies without Acupuncture.

Krista and the Exhale Spa team were very professional and very helpful, when I get back to Miami, I will definitely head over there to enjoy another great session with them.

Visited October 2011

Been to Exhale Spa? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Exhale Spa, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.