“It's a must!” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #4 of 234 Activities in Miami
Type: Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: SpeedBoat Tours is the most exciting way to see Miami! Sit back and relax during this 90-minute narrated speedboat tour throughout the beautiful waterways of Biscayne Bay. You'll be treated like a VIP in this small group tour. See Celebrity Homes, Star Island, Millionaire's Row, the skyline of downtown Miami and much, much more. Our tour guides are knowledgeable, very personable and entertaining! We strive to make our guests feel like family by the time they leave the boat. *Private tours and sunset cruises are also available upon request.
“It's a must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Absolutely fantastic day out and well worth the money! Tour guide was friendly and a good laugh and the experience was amazing. Feel sick now after seeing how the rich and famous live and spend their money...I would do exactly the same if I could afford it. Office located at the front of the pier which is not that clearly signed but found it in the end. Parking was easy, parked at the Church on 15th St for $5 all day. Last day in Miami and so glad we did the tour! The weather was overcast but it didn't ruin anything. Like I said...it's a must. (Brits on tour!)

Michael L, Owner at SpeedBoat Tours, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
We are very happy every time we hear someone say, "It's a MUST"! It makes us feel like we're doing a great job and giving our guests a great time. Thank you....we REALLY appreciate it!

Overton, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
“Awesome way to see Miami - a must do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We were in Miami February 2nd and rather concerned by another reviewers comments about being closed due to maintenance issues I emailed them first and they assured me they would be open for business - so I booked... I am really glad I did! the sea was a little choppy and Ashton (great tour guide) said we were on the verge of not going due to conditions,,, In fact the tours after our morning tour were cancelled which is a shame for those affected.. I am happy to say we went and what a great ride - we got soaked and thoroughly enjoyed it! In between the high speed parts there are some very interludes of seeing where the rich & famous live and play...
Fantastic combination of good thrills and interest... If I am back in Miami again I will book this again! A little pricey but well worth it! Many thanks Ashton!

Visited February 2013
Michael L, Owner at SpeedBoat Tours, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
We definitely do our best to deal with the weather, conditions on the bay and potential mechanical issues and make sure we use our best judgement for everyone's safety. We are just glad you were able to make it out on the tour with Ashdon. And we would love to have you come join us again in the future, Melvyn! Thanks for your review!
Vancouver, Canada
9 attraction reviews
“Good Fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had a great time with our tour guide on the speed boat tour. He showed us all the famous houses from movies and superstars. He was very funny also... the only bummer is that we had booked for two couples to go at the same time, but they had a boat in for maintenance... but I guess that happens from time to time. We still enjoyed our tour and we felt it was good value.

Visited January 2013
Liverpool, UK
5 attraction reviews
“Brilliant Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

What a fantastic tour!!! We arrived at the Speedboat Tours office, signed the usual disclaimers and Ashton has us ready to go after a briefing on how the boats worked. Ashton was a great guide and really made this a fantastic experience as we explored the bay, saw stars homes up close and got to really get some speed up and race across the water. I would not hesitate in recommending this tour - they are a small company but really make it a personal experience! Thank you speedboat tours!

Visited December 2012
Dublin, Ireland
“Terrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I visited Miami for three days in January. Booked a speedboat tour in advance and was looking forward to it. Arrived at 9.45am on the appointed day (a Tuesday) for a 10am tour. Paid $20 for a taxi to get there from hotel. No-one in the locked, tiny speedboat office. Waited. Waited. At 10.05am I rang speedboat office to see would call be diverted and picked up by someone. No such luck of course. Left a message to say I was waiting and also left my mobile number (which they already had from when I booked online). Waited until 10.25am. No-one turned up. Left. Checked my email out of curiosity when I got back to hotel. Speedboat had sent an email the previous night saying their boats had mechanical trouble and to telephone that night or on the (Tuesday) morning to try to reschedule. The email was sent too late and the suggestion to phone the office was obviously pointless as no-one was there or answering calls anyway. Someone should have taken the time to telephone me. No notice even left on the office door to say there was trouble with boats or an alternative number to call. I replied to the email I was sent, asking for a refund and the cost of my wasted taxi journey to the marina. I was returned the cost of the tour but no refund of taxi fare. Never received any telephone call or email to apologise for tour being cancelled. Truly appaling customer service. I'm a newspaper journalist and was in Miami to write a travel piece on the city - I'll be sure to tell people they should avoid speedboat tours.

Michael L, Owner at SpeedBoat Tours, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
We are very sorry anytime that a tour has to be cancelled and our guests are unable to experience the tour.

With this online booking, a LOCAL phone number was NOT PROVIDED as is required when making a reservation online. Other parties that had also booked the same tour time WERE notified by phone because they had provided a local number.

We attempted to call the international phone number that was provided, but the phone did not ring through. So we sent an email, around 6:30pm the day prior, notifying this guest that the tour had to be cancelled and we also issued him a full refund.

As you can see from every other review we’ve received, our guests not only love the tour, but rave about our incredible customer service!!!

Been to SpeedBoat Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage SpeedBoat Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.