“Brilliant Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 177 activities in Miami
Type: Boat Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: SPEEDBOAT TOURS is the most exciting way to see Miami! Sit back and relax as our captain drives you during this 90-minute narrated speedboat tour throughout the beautiful waterways of Biscayne Bay. You'll be treated like a VIP in this small group tour.See Celebrity Homes, Star Island, Millionaire's Row, the skyline of downtown Miami and much, much more. Our tour guides are certified captains and are knowledgeable, very personable and entertaining! We strive to make our guests feel like family by the time they leave the boat.*Private tours and sunset cruises are also available upon request.
Liverpool, UK
5 attraction reviews
“Brilliant Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

What a fantastic tour!!! We arrived at the Speedboat Tours office, signed the usual disclaimers and Ashton has us ready to go after a briefing on how the boats worked. Ashton was a great guide and really made this a fantastic experience as we explored the bay, saw stars homes up close and got to really get some speed up and race across the water. I would not hesitate in recommending this tour - they are a small company but really make it a personal experience! Thank you speedboat tours!

Visited December 2012

Dublin, Ireland
“Terrible customer service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

I visited Miami for three days in January. Booked a speedboat tour in advance and was looking forward to it. Arrived at 9.45am on the appointed day (a Tuesday) for a 10am tour. Paid $20 for a taxi to get there from hotel. No-one in the locked, tiny speedboat office. Waited. Waited. At 10.05am I rang speedboat office to see would call be diverted and picked up by someone. No such luck of course. Left a message to say I was waiting and also left my mobile number (which they already had from when I booked online). Waited until 10.25am. No-one turned up. Left. Checked my email out of curiosity when I got back to hotel. Speedboat had sent an email the previous night saying their boats had mechanical trouble and to telephone that night or on the (Tuesday) morning to try to reschedule. The email was sent too late and the suggestion to phone the office was obviously pointless as no-one was there or answering calls anyway. Someone should have taken the time to telephone me. No notice even left on the office door to say there was trouble with boats or an alternative number to call. I replied to the email I was sent, asking for a refund and the cost of my wasted taxi journey to the marina. I was returned the cost of the tour but no refund of taxi fare. Never received any telephone call or email to apologise for tour being cancelled. Truly appaling customer service. I'm a newspaper journalist and was in Miami to write a travel piece on the city - I'll be sure to tell people they should avoid speedboat tours.

Michael L, Owner at SpeedBoat Tours - Private Tours, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
We are very sorry anytime that a tour has to be cancelled and our guests are unable to experience the tour.

With this online booking, a LOCAL phone number was NOT PROVIDED as is required when making a reservation online. Other parties that had also booked the same tour time WERE notified by phone because they had provided a local number.

We attempted to call the international phone number that was provided, but the phone did not ring through. So we sent an email, around 6:30pm the day prior, notifying this guest that the tour had to be cancelled and we also issued him a full refund.

As you can see from every other review we’ve received, our guests not only love the tour, but rave about our incredible customer service!!!
Woburn, MA
8 attraction reviews
“OUTSTANDING - Tons of fun!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I just did the speedboat tour with my husband for my birthday! What an incredible way to see the beautiful waters, skyline and colors of Miami! Our guide gave us a quick introductory lesson on boat operation and off we went. We did about five "sprints" putting the boat into high gear for a an exhilirating ride around the bay area and several stops to view the homes of the rich and famous as well as some historical landmarks. If you're looking for a fun adventure that's personalized and adventurous at the same time, this is it! We plan on returning with our kids, ages 6 and 9.

Visited January 2013
3 attraction reviews
“Must do in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

This is a must do if you are visiting Miami one day or more. I got a boat and my wife got another one. This way we took our three kids with us very comfortably. This was our first time driving a boat. It was one of the best things we did in USA.

Bethesda, Maryland
“Highlight of our trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We found Speedboat Tours through Tripadvisor and all the 5-star ratings were absolutely accurate! Our family of 3 wound up in a private tour, because most of the boats were undergoing maintenance, so my husband and I were in one boat, while our son was in the boat with Mike, our guide. Mike was engaging, outgoing, patient and careful. He showed us how to pilot the speedboat (not hard!) then we took off. He gave us a succinct history of the city of Miami then we went around and saw all the mansions on Star and Palm island, plus we got a great view of the skyline of Miami. Not to mention the fun we had zipping across the waves at full throttle between stops, just like Don Johnson! The tour lasted over 90 minutes - and I have to give Mike a big thumbs-up for the good job he did. I'm sure he's given the same spiel to hundreds of people, but he went through everything without looking like he was bored. I highly recommend this outfit! And, when your done, go back to your hotel and stream an old episode of Miami Vice, just to complete the experience.

Visited January 2013

Been to SpeedBoat Tours - Private Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage SpeedBoat Tours - Private Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later