“Amazingly Fun AND Educational? How is this possible?” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 176 activities in Miami
Type: Boat Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: SPEEDBOAT TOURS is the most exciting way to see Miami! Sit back and relax as our captain drives you during this 90-minute narrated speedboat tour throughout the beautiful waterways of Biscayne Bay. You'll be treated like a VIP in this small group tour.See Celebrity Homes, Star Island, Millionaire's Row, the skyline of downtown Miami and much, much more. Our tour guides are certified captains and are knowledgeable, very personable and entertaining! We strive to make our guests feel like family by the time they leave the boat.*Private tours and sunset cruises are also available upon request.
Calgary, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Amazingly Fun AND Educational? How is this possible?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

If any of the following is on your list of things to do on your trip to Miami - take a boat ride, see celebrity houses, learn the history of Miami, see the Miami skyline (in my honest opinion, the only ACCEPTABLE way to view and truly appreciate the Miami skyline is from the waters) - then put Miami SpeedBoat Tours on the very TOP of your itinerary. Sure you can take just any old boat tour, but why just sit there and listen to a guide talk over the speaker phone when you can drive your very own speedboat? And SpeedBoat Tours is the only one that lets you drive your own boat.

I went on the 10 AM morning tour on December 23, 2012 and I have to say this is one of the best experience I had in Miami (and I did A LOT in the 4 days I was there) - I have no previous boating experience but was able to drive this no problem after less than five minutes of instructions. Not only do you get to see some pretty famous houses (former house of Shaq, the "Miami Vice House", the "Scarface House" just to name a few) & other important Miami landmarks, for those adrenaline junkies out there, you also get the opportunity to open up your speedboat to full throttle at a few sections of the tour. Let me tell you, these boats are FAST - depending on water/wind condition, you can get some decent air driving these. I was lucky the bay was essentially empty on the morning I went, and I was able to fully enjoy the experience of speeding through the water with no fear of crashing into anything or anyone.

But what take this tour over the top is the guide, owner/guide Michael is very friendly and is exceptionally knowledgeable about the history & various landmarks of Miami (and just what to do in Miami in general). My only “complaint” is that the 90 minutes is over way too quickly, haha, and that is testament to how much fun you'll have on this tour. Thanks Mike, for making this such an incredible experience, I look forward to doing this again the next time I come to Miami.

*** A few quick tips to potential participants:

1) Book a morning tour, before the water gets crowded and the weather gets too hot for comfort.

2) Don't worry about bringing a towel, you won't get too wet unless you flip your boat, and I seriously doubt that'll happen.

3) Definitely bring a camera, there are many beautiful sights you otherwise will never see.

*** Some small suggestions to the company:

1) I know this is a fairly new operation, but in the future, when you have some time (because it would be pretty time consuming), I would suggest creating a PDF file of landmarks & houses you talked about on the tour (with a picture & maybe just a short one line description of each) that you can email to participants afterwards, I have seen this done on other top notch tours I've been on & this really helps participants to remember what they saw (especially since there are so MUCH information given on this tour).

2) If you decide to do any tours longer than 90 minutes, definitely let me know! I would love to do this again.

Visited December 2012

3 attraction reviews
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

The last time I was in Miami, I did the Island Queen Cruise, which I thought was really good. This time, I wanted to try something a little more exciting and hands on. I had heard good things about SpeedboatTours and wanted to give it a try and am glad that I did.

It was a beautiful Miami day and the tour was awesome! Ashton, the tour guide, was great and driving the speedboat was incredible. Seeing Miami from the water was amazing. Big thanks to the crew at SpeedboatTours!

London
“amazing, one of the best tours in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The speedboat tour is amazing, if you never drove a boat before you will love this tour! The tour will give you opportunity to view important places in Miami, some rich people houses and allow you to go full speed which is a lot of fun. Next time I'm going Miami, I'm doing the tour again!

Visited July 2012
“Fantastic experience... Full throttle!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We booked this speed boat tour through trip advisor smoothly after reading fab reviews. What an experience... Our tour guide was fantastic - we told him we were there for the full throttle experience and he sure let us go for it :) we definitely recommend this as one of the 'must do' activities in Miami! Thanks to trip advisor for the encouraging reviews :)

Numurkah, Australia
“Awesome Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had perfect weather and was only 2 of us on the tour. Had so much fun, was heaps better than the other boat tours around Miami. Your not stuck inside a big boat full of people with glass around you and a speaker above your head translating the tour in 5 languages. Your actually out in the wind and spray driving the boat.

Visited October 2012

Been to SpeedBoat Tours - Private Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage SpeedBoat Tours - Private Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later