“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

and up
Ranked #3 of 234 Activities in Miami
Type: Boat Tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: SpeedBoat Tours is the most exciting way to see Miami! Sit back and relax during this 90-minute narrated speedboat tour throughout the beautiful waterways of Biscayne Bay. You'll be treated like a VIP in this small group tour. See Celebrity Homes, Star Island, Millionaire's Row, the skyline of downtown Miami and much, much more. Our tour guides are knowledgeable, very personable and entertaining! We strive to make our guests feel like family by the time they leave the boat. *Private tours and sunset cruises are also available upon request.
3 attraction reviews
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

The last time I was in Miami, I did the Island Queen Cruise, which I thought was really good. This time, I wanted to try something a little more exciting and hands on. I had heard good things about SpeedboatTours and wanted to give it a try and am glad that I did.

It was a beautiful Miami day and the tour was awesome! Ashton, the tour guide, was great and driving the speedboat was incredible. Seeing Miami from the water was amazing. Big thanks to the crew at SpeedboatTours!

London
“amazing, one of the best tours in Miami”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The speedboat tour is amazing, if you never drove a boat before you will love this tour! The tour will give you opportunity to view important places in Miami, some rich people houses and allow you to go full speed which is a lot of fun. Next time I'm going Miami, I'm doing the tour again!

Visited July 2012
“Fantastic experience... Full throttle!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We booked this speed boat tour through trip advisor smoothly after reading fab reviews. What an experience... Our tour guide was fantastic - we told him we were there for the full throttle experience and he sure let us go for it :) we definitely recommend this as one of the 'must do' activities in Miami! Thanks to trip advisor for the encouraging reviews :)

Numurkah, Australia
“Awesome Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had perfect weather and was only 2 of us on the tour. Had so much fun, was heaps better than the other boat tours around Miami. Your not stuck inside a big boat full of people with glass around you and a speaker above your head translating the tour in 5 languages. Your actually out in the wind and spray driving the boat.

Visited October 2012
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Brilliant Fun - Even with the unexpected detour!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We took the tour in mid-September 2012 and Ashton was our guide. It was just me and my partner in one boat, and another couple in the other boat, so was a really intimate way to find out about the history of Miami and see the homes of the rich and famous. We'd been to Miami before and I left feeling that I hadn't really got a feel for the city - this tour definitely filled a lot of the gaps I had from before.

After a comprehensive safety briefing and the provision of sealable bags for our valuables, Ashton led off and we followed him across the bay. Pre-arranged hand signals meant we knew when to slow down, stop and let rip! The boats are really easy to drive and steer, and get up a fair head of steam when you open the throttle (Ashton said max 40mph but felt much faster as we skimmed across the water!). As well as spells when we went fast, there is lots of stopping and slow sections where you can get your camera out and take snaps/videos of the sights/luxury homes.

Half way through our tour, a huge storm rolled in from nowhere and Ashton quickly led us to shelter under the McArthur Causeway. We had to stay there for over an hour as thunder and lightening boomed and flashed overhead, and visibility out on the water reduced to almost zero. He kept us all calm and dropped anchor and tied the boats all together until the storm eventually passed. As we were now about 2 hours since departure, we assumed we'd just cut the tour short and head back to base, but no... Ashton continued where he'd left off and made sure we all got the full tour (lasted about 2.5 hours in total), including a brilliant high speed run home across the bay which was the most fun way to get soaked I've ever experienced. What a pro!

Great fun, great customer service, great value and very highly recommended. It's not the no.1 tour in Miami for no reason.

Visited September 2012

Been to SpeedBoat Tours? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage SpeedBoat Tours, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.