“Nice and Affordable” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #87 of 113 Hotels in Miami
New York City, New York
“Nice and Affordable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

When you look at the place from the outside you think it's a typical budget motel. I was shocked at how clean and spacious this hotel was at a reasonable rate. The taxi driver recommended this place to me. I trusted his word and was not disappointed. New clean tiles on the floor, microwave, refrigerator, iron and ironing board. Let's not forget the breakfast in the morning from 7am to 9am. Nice danishes and bagels, cereal and juice and the coffee, oh the coffee. So good had to go back for a second cup. Yes and they have a pool too. So if you are on a budget this is a great place.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Clearwater, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Location is good and the room was clean. Breakfast was poor, and they have no tables in breakfast area. And no private walk from breakfast area to the rooms. So guests have to pick up the breakfast and go out on street with all plates and cups to walk to the room.
Pool was small and dirty.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Molde, More og Romsdal, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Quite nice for the price. Breakfast is poor. Microwave in the room, and a little fridge with freezer. A bit too far from downtown, cab is needed. Ok pool with sun beds.
Lies close to Taco Bell, Wendy´s, McDonald´s, Pollo Tropicale and Denny´s, plus a gas station and a pharmacy. Quite a long way to a liquor store, and no nice restaurants in short distance. No good shopping in close distance.
The rooms were clean, but sometimes the cleaners didn´t come back to clean if we were in/around our rooms.

Room Tip: Room 204 and 205
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

This was easily the worst hotel experience I've ever had. I booked a non-smoking room for 5 nights and when I got there was given a smoking room. When I brought it to their attention they told me they didn't have anymore rooms available that night but would switch me the next day. The room (especially the bathroom) was filthy. I felt like using the shower would make me dirtier.

I was switched to the non-smoking room the next day and, while cleaner than the first room, it was still filthy. There was what looked like fresh toothpaste on the carpet by the sink when we got there and it stayed there all 4 nights, was never cleaned up. There were empty water bottles and garbage under the beds. I don't know if they were ever cleaned before. There was hair in the bathtub when we first got into the room. Just gross overall.

Twice I went down to the front desk and nobody was there. The first time I was down there (along with someone else trying to check in) for over 10 minutes and nobody came to the desk.

Our cable went out at least 5 or 6 times (not due to weather - it was gorgeous out).

On the morning of the 4th day I got a phone call from the front desk telling me my reservation was for only 4 days and I had to leave the room. I had to walk down there and show him my confirmation email stating I was there for 5 days.

The whole experience was ridiculous and I have no idea how they could actually have a "B" rating by the BBB.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed in this hotel was a nightmare. Strong mould smell. Crotonbugs were every in the room; on the floor, the beds, washroom and on the wall. Mouse as well I could see in the washroom. Bedbugs and crotonbugs would bite if you lied down. The beds were so dirty and dilapidated. Asked the front desk to switch rooms for us, but they said no rooms were available. We can either stay in the same room or leave the hotel. Would never recommend anyone to stay there. Horrible!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

The Midtown inn act like you as a guest are doing a favor staying there, they are really cheap and i think that is the reason that they act like that. I stay in a room, with a terrible AC, the noise are too loud but, too loud that was impossible to sleep at night. I went to front desk at 2 am, to complain about it and ask for another room, the front desk told me that there are others rooms but, he will only provide my change to another room on the next day, and the problem about the AC in my room cannot be solved so i have to stay in that situation until the next day. I was really tired and just looking for a good night of sleep, so i checked out at 3 am and went to another hotel. The hotel is disgusting, dangerous neighborhood and you can see police car around all the time. Stay away from this place, just spend a fews dollars more and find a better choice. This is is typical exemple that the cost benefit downs`t work.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
State of Sao Paulo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

The worst Inn i have ever been to, i went there with my wife and was my first time in miami, but we had to check out in the first day.

The location is excelent, and that was what attracted me, but the place is so dirty, it makes impossible to stay there.

I dont know how big tourist companies can book it. I just cant understand it.

The light was broken, the floor/carpet had a leakage and was wet, there was a blood stain at the bathroom curtains. There was a hole in the blanket, and the telephone and the ar conditioner was black dirty. The sink was broken. The bathtube was filled with hair.

Please take a look at the pictures and you will know what i,m saying...i dont know what else to say to complete 200 caracteres

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Midtown Inn Miami? Share your experiences!