“Never again! epic fail!” 1 of 5 stars

Midtown Inn Miami
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3400 Biscayne Blvd, Miami, FL 33137   |
Ranked #102 of 131 hotels in Miami
Chicago, Illinois
“Never again! epic fail!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

There's a reason why this hotel is so cheap! I pre-paid through priceline, for a four night stay at Midtown Inn. We got to Miami around 10pm on a friday night. As soon as we checked-in, I was scoping around our room and found a CoCkRoaCH when I opened the fridge! EeWwWw.. The room we got had that dirty feel to it and a damp smell. I complained to whoever it was at the front desk, he didn't really care much and just handed us a different key to another room. The second room we got looked a little bit better than the first. BuT as I was checking the room, I flipped the comforter away from the bed and saw BeD StAiNS and BeD BuGS! GrOsS! We even took a photo of the bugs! AT this point I was not comfortable staying at this Inn but we had no choice since it was already close to midnight. We got transferred to another room ( for the 3rd time!) and decided to stay for the night and just check-out the next day.
We checked out on saturday morning, I told the person on the front desk that I prepaid for my stay for 4 nights, he said I just need to contact priceline about this and inform them my situation. I thought my ordeal with this place is over.. NoOtTt! Turns out, priceline will not give me a refund for my stay, since Midtown Inn is not giving them a refund as well. AAHH! I called Midtown Inn's manager and complained. She gave me an attitude! Never returned any calls from me. I had to keep on calling them regarding my status (almosst everyday for a couple of weeks!). In the end, She said she's not giving me my refund since they "reserved" 4 nights for me and I told them I checked out the next day!! I only stayed for OnE night and I'm paying for 4 nights??! She said they're loosing money if they will give me a refund!! StillL DiDn'T GeT My MoNeY BacK! I DoN'T KnoW WhaT To Do AnYmOrE!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

204 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Poznan, Poland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Great location to both down town and South/Miami Beaches. For traveling on a budget, this place was everything my group needed and more. We walked to down town every day and night, and baring traffic to south beach it was only a brief cab ride. The day staff was great and very helpful, but at night the guy who worked the desk was a real jerk. He would yell at us for being outside of the room, even if we weren't making any noise. All in all, a great value stay, especially if your looking for fun for a certain 3 day long concert that takes place downtown ;-). Check out must be timely, because the surcharge. Very poor breakfast (Eating standing up).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicopee, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Ok for price. Not to clean though. Good location. Right down street from bayside mall. Ok if u need a cheap overnight stay somewhere

• Stayed May 2012
Curitiba, Brasil
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We purchased a room specifically with shuttle included to/from airport/port of miami. We received one trip from hotel to port, but making the second trip encountered rudeness from the clerk and a failure to comply with the conditions of sale, so that we had to pay the shuttle ourselves, after having paid the hotel. As if this were not bad enough, after writing 5 letters to the owner, Doug Patel, he pretended to be stupid, said he couldn't understand my plain English and has refused to do anything to rectify the fraud committed. In terms of the room, ours was OK, newly redecorated, but the staff are incompetent. Don't trust what is promised on their website. Even when they are wrong, they won't correct their mistakes.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
chatham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Where do I start.... DO NOT ENTER should be the welcome sign!
2 dirty diapers in the parking lot, rancid smell of pine sol, bugs walking on the carpet in room and office not to mention the BLACK mould in the bathroom which was quite fitting to the bath tub that was literally 30% rusted. Did we stay.... "HELL NO!" went to nearest pharmacy to buy disinfectant wipes to rid of germs lurching the place. Very rough part of town, not a safe place for the night time life unless you don't mind beggars and hispanics lurking the parking area.

Credit back to my Visa was not an issue as he stated this isn't the first time people have complained but they screwed me for a 1 night stay upon returning from our cruise. What did they think I was coming back!?!? Visa company in process of disputing charges.

Room Tip: Do not enter!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Beverly Hills, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

i stayed in this hotel just for one day before my flight to italy this monday. i stayed the night before in international inn which was sooooooooooooo bad i would never ever go.not even for free. i found this one on despegar.com ,booked it at 71 plus tax and was really positively surprised. i dont know why people rated the midtown inn as worste of worst etc. no need to.really njot. friendly guy at the reception. rooms dark but spacious and big beds with old tv sets (nothing is perfect). perfectly located in front of a tropical pollo (at least some food) ,a wendys (haha closed at 10 pm) and an even worse taco bell which has nothing whatsoever to do with mexican food :) okay back to the inn.
breakfast included but not abundant.just some juice,doughnuts and cereals. oh yes coffee. no possibility to seat and full with clumsy brazilian tourists who spill everything they hold in hands .whatever. the place is okay for the money and by far not bad. to be recommended,really. okay it is not the w or setai but miami in springbreak is so awful you have to be grateful if not everone joins the muggers and thieves like international inn or southbeach hotels.
good value for money !

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Midtown Inn Miami? Share your experiences!