“A Rain Forest you can enjoy” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 200 things to do in Miami
East Lansing, Michigan
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“A Rain Forest you can enjoy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

There are several places to go when you're tired of the noise and crowds of Miami. This is one of the very best. The paved paths make it easy and safe to stroll. You will see interesting and unusual examples of rain forest plants as well as pools of fish. There's even a play area for the children.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Kippy_37

Garden City
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Farmers market!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

We were there on a Sunday so they have a farmers market! One of the best I have ever seen. We were visiting from Michigan so it was so exciting to see colorful FRESH produce. Sampled many things from wonderful friendly vendors. If I lived there I would go every Sunday. After the market, we went into the gardens. They are very lush and tranquil if you don't have the screaming kids running past you! More walking than I anticipated. Just nice for a Sunday stroll in beautiful Florida. Would highly recommend a visit.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Sherry S
Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“evening Chistmas lighting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

What a tremendous beautiful show. The park lit by thousands of little lamd forming all kind of little animals. Worth a visit

Visited December 2013
1 Thank mountainst
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Beautiful Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Tropical, shady, lovely walkways, easy strolling. Even the stairs were manageable if you have mobility issues as my partner does.Went this past weekend for an art festival and was not disappointed. Entrance was free, too, during the festival, can't beat that. Of course, spent $450 on artwork...The bench by the little Koi pond is so peaceful, plan on returning with nieces.

Visited January 2014
Santa Cruz, California
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“A Tropical Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I enjoyed this place very much when I was a little girl and it was Parrot Jungle - so coming here as a grown up with my own kids (ages 5 and 7) was a nostalgic experience. It is very clean although much of it looks as it did I was a kid in the 1980's, just more lush with taller trees and plants. We went one Monday during the December holiday break and we practically had the whole place to ourselves. The kids enjoyed walking on the path though the botanical garden, under the shade of the tall cypress trees. We also enjoyed:

• Feeding the fish - many koi in the stream. Fish food available at the splash & play attendant
• Playing on the playground - mosquito repellant helpful to have
• The Splash & Play - It's $1 extra per child, but well worth it. My kids had a blast here. There's no change area, you have to use the bathroom but most parents just hold the towels up while the kids change.

By the way, there are picnic tables and one small concession stand, so bring your own snacks. We also didn't do the petting zoo as the animals are out only at certain times but it's next to the playground, so you can see the animals sleeping in their pens.

My local friends tell me that they used to bring their kids here when the admission was free, but now that there is an admission, they don't come anymore. (It is $2 a person, $3 if you include the Splash & Play). I feel like this is such a small price to pay in order to maintain this gem. Also, it is a steal compared to many of the other family attractions in Miami which are incredibly expensive and usually very crowded - for example, adult ticket prices are $35 at Jungle Island, $25 at Fairchild Botanical Gardens, $41 at Miami Seaquarium... so $10 total for our whole family for a lovely, crowd-free afternoon in a tropical atmosphere was money well spent.

Local tip: before or after your visit, you need to stop by the Pinecrest Wayside Market for fruit milkshakes (just north of Pinecrest Gardens on 57th Avenue).

Visited December 2013
2 Thank thejoyciecat

Been to Pinecrest Gardens? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Pinecrest Gardens, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.