“What a Great Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 165 activities in Miami
Type: Classes/Workshops
Attraction Details
Aventura, FL
“What a Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Our daughter gave us an Indian Cuisine cooking class at Ayesha's Kitchen for Christmas. We selected the Vegetarian Class and registered. In our wildest dreams we never expected the results that we got from the Saturday morning class.

Ayesha is very nice, a great cook and a great teacher. The recipes that we were taught were simple but powerful. The recipes mix of the food prepared complemented and balanced each other so well. Outside India, one of the most spectacular Indian dinners we ever have had.

My husband, who is just learning how to cook, is going to try today the recipes and we have company. That is how good of a teacher Ayesha is. We recommend her classes without any hesitation!

Gloria and Hugo Cardona

Visited January 2013

“This is a MUST DO !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I went searching for a cooking class and found Ayesha's class. My husband to be is of Indian heritage. So, I decided to learn to cook something which would be a surprise to my family. I researched the classes and found excellent reviews. The next day, I called Ayesha. Pleasant, kind, caring, and patient....words to describe my conversations with Ayesha.
I went to my 1st class on Saturday January 26, 2013, vegetarian cooking. May I say DELICIOUS !!!!! Ayesha was well prepared, knowledgeable, kind, and patient. At the end of the class, all of the students were shown to a delightful Tiki hut with a beautifully set table. Lunch was served. What a great time, what a outstanding meal.
The next day, January 27th, I took my 2nd class, curry chicken. This day, was fortunate enough that 2 other students had cancelled their class and I brought my husband to be and my mom with me. Again, what a great day and excellent teaching, learning, and eating.
Ayesha makes everything easy for you. From the moment you arrive you are comfortable. Ayesha has starter kits for purchase. I purchased lots of good stuff which would have taken me days to find on my own. I love convenience. I since the classes have cooked two meals (the classes were 3 days ago). Needless to say, I have a very happy family with full stomachs.
The last thing which I will tell you is you should definitely give yourself a true treat. Take an Ayesha Class. No Indian Fare in Miami meets the deliciousness of her food, great teaching, and pleasant environment. I can't wait for my next class ( to which I am also bringing 2 family members ).

Visited January 2013
“Best Indian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I gave this class to my boyfriend for his birthday, it was the Chicken Vindaloo class. OMG, it was delicious!!!! Ayesha is very knowledgeable, personable and warm. The class took place in her kitchen, we asked questions, saw first hand how to prepare the dishes. learned about the spices and cooking methods, etc.... It was interesting, funny and aromatic. My boyfriend loved the class and the food. He said it was the best he's had in south florida. I would agree. We will be making the meal for our family, as she gave us all the recipes, steps & instructions. The butternut squash was heaven..,.yum!!!!

Visited December 2012
Miami, Florida
“Great afternoon of cooking and eating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of attending Ayesha's Lamb class on Sunday. There were a total of 10 participants. We sat comfortably in Ayesha's kitchen and watched and listened while Ayesha explained the concepts and ingredients used in Indian cooking. She had given all of us copies of her recipes and we followed them exactly. It was a very friendly group and Ayesha encouraged questions and interactions. After the meal was prepared, we had the opportunity to eat the fruits of her labors. The meal was delicious and we ate outside under the chicki hut. It was a wonderful experience and I look forward to taking more of the classes. Great for foodies and Indian food lovers.

Visited October 2012
Chesterfield, MI
5 attraction reviews
“Warm and accommodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife and I were looking for something interesting to do between an early arrival in Miami (via cruise ship) and a late departure out of Ft Lauderdale (via plane). My wife stumbled upon Ayesha's Kitchen classes and we immediately booked one. Being aficionados of Indian food, I think that we were almost as excited for the classes as we were for our preceding cruise....

After a series of snafus, we found that we were going to be extremely late to Ayesha's class and called her to let her know. She invited us to come anyway, and I am very glad that we did. We missed the actual class, but got there for the best part...THE FOOD!

We were welcomed into Ayesha's home and met several wonderful people (most of whom haven taken multiple classes). After the meal was complete and our classmates had gone home, Ayesha took the time to go over each recipe with us, verbally. She quickly brought us up to speed on what we missed in our lesson. We felt bad for missing the majority of the class (due to circumstances beyond our control), but Ayesha cheerfully explained things and made sure we understood. She took a lot of time speaking with us when she could have just said, "So sorry, you missed it."

We bought several recipe/spice "kits" and were able to easily duplicate her recipes at home. We suggested that she sell a virtual class or DVD of her class so that people in other parts of the country can experience her classes without the need to go down to Miami once per week.

Ayesha and her family are very kind and caring people that definitely make you feel welcome and receptive to learning. I really cannot speak highly enough of our experience. I just wish that I could afford to fly to Miami each week to take a course. The recipes are nice, but the best part of the experience is tasting the food while sharing a meal with nice people.

Visited September 2012

Been to Ayesha's Kitchen? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Ayesha's Kitchen, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.