“Great afternoon of cooking and eating” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 179 Activities in Miami
Type: Classes/Workshops
Attraction Details
Miami, Florida
“Great afternoon of cooking and eating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of attending Ayesha's Lamb class on Sunday. There were a total of 10 participants. We sat comfortably in Ayesha's kitchen and watched and listened while Ayesha explained the concepts and ingredients used in Indian cooking. She had given all of us copies of her recipes and we followed them exactly. It was a very friendly group and Ayesha encouraged questions and interactions. After the meal was prepared, we had the opportunity to eat the fruits of her labors. The meal was delicious and we ate outside under the chicki hut. It was a wonderful experience and I look forward to taking more of the classes. Great for foodies and Indian food lovers.

Visited October 2012

Chesterfield, MI
5 attraction reviews
“Warm and accommodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My wife and I were looking for something interesting to do between an early arrival in Miami (via cruise ship) and a late departure out of Ft Lauderdale (via plane). My wife stumbled upon Ayesha's Kitchen classes and we immediately booked one. Being aficionados of Indian food, I think that we were almost as excited for the classes as we were for our preceding cruise....

After a series of snafus, we found that we were going to be extremely late to Ayesha's class and called her to let her know. She invited us to come anyway, and I am very glad that we did. We missed the actual class, but got there for the best part...THE FOOD!

We were welcomed into Ayesha's home and met several wonderful people (most of whom haven taken multiple classes). After the meal was complete and our classmates had gone home, Ayesha took the time to go over each recipe with us, verbally. She quickly brought us up to speed on what we missed in our lesson. We felt bad for missing the majority of the class (due to circumstances beyond our control), but Ayesha cheerfully explained things and made sure we understood. She took a lot of time speaking with us when she could have just said, "So sorry, you missed it."

We bought several recipe/spice "kits" and were able to easily duplicate her recipes at home. We suggested that she sell a virtual class or DVD of her class so that people in other parts of the country can experience her classes without the need to go down to Miami once per week.

Ayesha and her family are very kind and caring people that definitely make you feel welcome and receptive to learning. I really cannot speak highly enough of our experience. I just wish that I could afford to fly to Miami each week to take a course. The recipes are nice, but the best part of the experience is tasting the food while sharing a meal with nice people.

Visited September 2012
Miami, Florida
“Not to be confused with Ayesha's restaurant!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I had the pleasure to attend Ayesha's class Traditional Vegetarian Fare, what a treat! We learned to cook vegetables in a fantastic spicy and aromatic sauce. We also cooked lentils with herbs, vegetable pilaf, potatoes patties and an incredible carrot salad. The class culminated with the best dessert: gulab jamuns I have ever tasted. Ayesha is a very talented chef and teacher. She provides an energetic cooking class resulting in an incredible feast and to top it off we also have a lot of fun.

Visited September 2012
Coconut Creek, Florida
“MAKES A FUN, UNIQUE GIFT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I took Ayesha’s “Murg Makhani (Butter Chicken) and the Works” class last year, and since then, we’ve been telling everyone we know to TAKE THIS CLASS! Ayesha is incredibly knowledgeable and enthusiastic about Indian cuisine and has a warm personality that makes you feel immediately comfortable. Everyone in the class had a great time laughing and eating and learning together. Classes are small and intimate (there were just 6 of us in the class we took). The classes are geared to people of all skill levels. Even though some of the recipes are quite sophisticated, Ayesha demonstrates the recipe processes in an organized, step-by-step way that even novice cooks like myself can understand.

Since taking the class, my husband has made the meal several times for dinner guests, and they are always so impressed! Everyone says the butter chicken is better than any they’ve had in an Indian restaurant, and we have to agree.

If you enjoy cooking or are just looking for something fun and different to do, I would HIGHLY recommend taking one of Ayeha’s Indian cooking classes. They also make wonderful, unique gifts. I bought the class as a birthday gift for my husband, and Ayesha emailed me a custom-made gift certificate. To this day, I think it’s probably the best birthday gift I’ve given him.

Visited November 2011
miami, florida
“Indisputable the best!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

As an someone who is accustomed to authentic Indian cuisine from New York City and unable to find a decent Indian restaurant in South Florida for years, I was totally amazed with Ayesha's cooking.
It is really the best I have ever tried! The cooking class was out of this world, we had the best chicken curry with potatoes that were magnificent. She is a great teacher who emphasizes in healthy cooking. Can't wait to take some more classes.

Visited August 2012

Been to Ayesha's Kitchen? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Ayesha's Kitchen, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.