“Good location, great view, great service” 4 of 5 stars

Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2889 McFarlane Road, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free breakfast & parking!
Ranked #24 of 130 hotels in Miami
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good location, great view, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Checking in for Thanksgiving weekend, we were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a bay side room with a lovely view. The entire stay was great and relaxing. We appreciated the large fitness center with a view over Miami, and the tiered wifi internet service with free browsing speed which was fine for our needs. On departure day, the staff was helpful in storing our bags after checkout while we went out for lunch. When time came for our car to take us to the airport but didn't show, staff member Mari was quick and caring to arrange a new ride. Thank you!

• Stayed November 2013
MargaretRose_CG, Manager at Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dustport
Thank you for your recent stay and sharing your comments on Trip Advisor. We will be sure to share with our front office team how much your enjoyed your visit. Come back soon!

868 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Osaka, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

I was here for the reunion. the stay was great, the function went well, the view was spectacular and the staff are helpful. my room has small kitchen. only down side I could hear people from other room

• Stayed November 2013
MargaretRose_CG, Manager at Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Kuka2
We appreciate you sharing your comments about your reunion that was held at the Sonesta. We hope you enjoyed catching up with old friends and we were pleased to be a part of the celebration.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Room was large and had a FULL (able to cook Thanksgiving dinner) Kitchen. Everything was "surface clean" but with a toddler I am usually down on the floor at some point. Problems started to show up on close inspection. The floor covering was Porcelain Tile, nice except for the cracked ones. Grout had not been cleaned in a while (if ever) and was really grungy. In the bathroom the bottom of the assist handles in the tub had black mold growing on them (again down low looking up while washing a toddler). The staff was really nice and helpful.

I have read complaints about pricing but this property is in a great location, 100's of bars, restaurants and clubs in walking distance. Miami is expensive - Think New York or Chicago - and this is in line with down town properties.

I would stay here again, I hope they tighten up on housekeeping.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Travel33624
Happy Thanksgiving! We are pleased that you were able to celebrate the holiday at our hotel with a “home” cooked meal. Thank you for sharing your comments, rest assured our housekeeping team is following up. We hope you will be back again soon.
Rotherham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights before going on a cruise. This hotel is lovely, booked standard room and was upgraded to a suite with wrap around balcony, very clean and tidy, was well impressed. Pricing for food and drink was very reasonable for standard of hotel, staff friendly and helpful. Lift were a bit confusing as had to use room card to activate. Rooftop area was lovely and pool was clean. Recommend the New York strip meal.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
MargaretRose_CG, Manager at Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Janet S
Thank you for selecting our hotel for your pre-cruise stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed yourself and hope your cruise was just as great. We hope to see you before your next voyage.
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

The hotel is located conveniently. It is a reasonable drive or taxi ride to most Miami tourist destinations. We enjoyed our room. It was clean and comfortable. The view was very nice, but for what we paid it was nothing special.
In general the service was good, but we waited a very long time for the valet to bring out car one morning. The big insult was the price list for minor toiletry items such as toothbrush or toothpaste that most hotels provide for free.
We may return here if we come back to the area, but we will first look hard for a different hotel in the same area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Jcstich
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your visit. Our valet manager has followed up with his team to ensure we are meeting our retrieval times. We are pleased that the cleanliness and the view were enjoyed.
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

This place is overrated . The rooms are average at best. When I first checked into my suite room the front door would not work at all. I found out that the door lock was broken and it took over an hour to fix.. Ok you might say to your self no big deal except when you get into your room the carpeting is stained and the room it's self looks and feels beat up, far from pristine and top shelf like the all the hotel advertising wants to portray. I needed a roll away bed which i ordered up to the room which was delivered standing upright against the wall not set up. I ended up setting up the bed myself and when I got into the bed the bed springs were sticking into my back. Again to me this is not luxury service. I ended up getting a new bed the next day which was much better. I had dirty glasses in my room which the housekeeper never picked up from 2 days sitting around. There was a bunch of other stuff too like when I went down to the pool to relax and play my mini guitar I was told I can not play it on the pool deck and trust me I was the only one who could hear it and there were maybe only 6 people on the deck on the other side from where I was sitting. I was later told sorry yes you can play.. At night I asked the front desk could they recommend a great local Coconut Groove restaurant, a steak & seafood spot and all they could come up with was chain restaurants and the ridiculously overpriced hotel restaurant. I had a conversation about my dissatisfaction with the hotel manager about everything above and they refunded the cost of the roll away bed.. This place needs a complete renovation, I'm just tired of paying top dollar and getting ripped off.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
MargaretRose_CG, Manager at Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Mr. H,
Please accept my apologies again on behalf of the hotel that your stay did not meet your expectations. Unfortunately your two night stay did not allow us the opportunity to address all of your concerns before your departure. Although you preferred not to change rooms, we were able to replace the rollaway and service your room again and I hope the second night of your stay was more enjoyable. Additionally please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your hotel account.
Marrero, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed here for our 15th Wedding Anniversary and enjoyed our visit. The staff was very helpful, friendly and even allowed us to check in early. The food, service and rooms were great. The pool area was very relaxing. I did not want to go back home. Looking forward to our next visit. The guys taking care of our rental car were great as well. The front desk staff was always helpful. Coconut Grove was a nice area. Be sure to visit this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MargaretRose_CG, Manager at Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dani-Rich
Happy Anniversary! We are always pleased when we have the opportunity to celebrate special events with our guests. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and we hope that you will consider coming back every year to celebrate.
Director of Operations

Been to Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami? Share your experiences!