“Recent stay at the Sonesta Bayfront” 5 of 5 stars

Summer Sizzler: Save 25%
Ranked #37 of 111 Hotels in Miami
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Recent stay at the Sonesta Bayfront”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have stayed many times at the Sonesta and each time has been an outstanding experience. The hotel staff is not only courteous but getting out of its way to attend any request / the rooms are spacious, clean... and if you can, get an ocean view... The prices are great... The restaurant whether inside or outside by the pool just great. I have stayed at other hotels in the Miami area, but the Sonesta has become my favorite. Highly recommended, whether for business and/or pleasure! As a last note, though they are not always able to accommodate me when arriving very early, they always to their best to get me to my room as quickly as they can and do it very courteously... Hopefully, will be back in December 2013.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
MargaretRose_CG, Manager at Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
PJDI
We appreciate that you continue to return to our hotel when your travels bring you to Miami. We make every effort to accommodate early arrivals and are always pleased when we can. Thank you for sharing your comments and we hope to see you in December.
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I purchased a Living Social deal for this hotel and stayed 1 day/1 night in Miami before our cruise. The overall ambiance was great - the small details made a huge impression on us (4 adult women). We were in love with the scent that permeated the front lobby, the fruit infused iced water available in the lobby, the plants and furniture throughout, and the lighting on the pool deck. We really appreciated Freddie at the front desk finding us a ready room that we could check in early to.
Our only complaint, was how far the hotel was from the happening part(s) of Miami. We spent over $100 that day in taxi fare getting around, and we only traveled from the airport to the hotel, to D&B, to Bayfront Park, to Finnegans on the River, and the Port of Miami.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Sellis9284
Thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay. We are pleased that you and your friends enjoyed the property. Coconut Grove has a lot to offer within walking distance and is a short taxi ride to many areas of Miami. We have two car rental agencies in the area that will deliver rental cars to the hotel as an option if you need transportation for the day. We hope you will all come back again soon.
Madison, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have been going to this hotel for several years. I am impressed with the consistency of service and accommodations. In my past reviews I mentioned how great it is to have the bay view while staying in Coconut Grove. My recent trip I had a city view room and I loved it. I love the size of the rooms and the bathrooms. I also love the care that every single person gives in this hotel. My room was beautiful, updated and clean. The location is also beautiful. I will not stay in any other hotel as long as I go to Miami.

Room Tip: The higher floors are more quiet if you are there during the weekend. Coconut Grove is very popular...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bitat
Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your many experiences at the Sonesta. We strive to provide our guests with a consistent level of service and are pleased we achieved it. Hope to see you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

During my stay of 5 nights at the Sonesta Bayfront Hotel, we were very well cared for. The rooms are very comfortable and well appointed.
The service in the restuarant and during our conference was excellent, with superb food and great variety.
I thoroughly recommend this hotel for either business or pleasure with many facilities to enjoy.

Room Tip: Request a bayfront room to have a superb view of the ocean and the Florida Keys
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jane S
We are very pleased that your stay went so well. Thank you for posting your comments. Come back soon.
San José
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I had a great stay in this hotel, better than other areas in Miami area.
Rooms are clean and nice, beds comfortable and staff is friendly.
Pool is amazing and the view from the room is great.
The restaurant has good food but service is terrible, specially if you go a little late.
This hotel has a ggood WiFi connection.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
MargaretRose_CG, Manager at Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Mogway,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed the rooms, pool and great views. I apologized we missed the mark in the restaurant service and your feedback will help us improve. Hope to see you again in Coconut Grove.
San Pedro Sula
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Made my booking online for a week, I needed to extend my stay and went back online to do so, found the same great rate and managed not to move from my original room. My stay in this hotel, was a really good experience, helpful staff, super clean, nice restaurant and a walking distance form lots of restaurants and amenities. Definitely will come back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
MargaretRose_CG, Manager at Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Carlos M
Thank you for posting your comments regarding your stay. We are glad that you decided to extend your stay. Whenever possible we try to accommodate not having to move our guest for a new booking. We hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The pool is amazing and the view is spectacular. The service is super accommodating and kind. We had the best help with getting our cars and luggage settled - and its in a great location to all the fun grove bars and restaurants.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Wonderlusting,
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service provided by our team. Thank you for sharing your comments.
Come back soon,
Director of Operations

Been to Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami? Share your experiences!