“Pleasant Stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2889 McFarlane Road, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free breakfast & parking!
Ranked #30 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Campinas, SP
“Pleasant Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We reserved an apt during a weekend with our daughter. It was a good surprise and we decided to stay during another week. Fine views, nice apartment, excellent location, good price. A pleasant stay!
The only issue was the room service.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny with views from sea.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MargaretRose_CG, Manager at Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear CaioVi,
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit and returned for another week. Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences you experienced from Room Service. I have shared your feedback with our Director of Food and Beverage so we can improve on our services. We look forward to your next visit.
Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

We travel to Miami often as our daughter is a student at the University of Miami. We usually stay at the Biltmore or the Ritz Carlton. Because there were no rooms available there I booked at the Sonesta, expecting a mediocre experience. What a pleasant surprise. The views are amazing and the location is great. Service is excellent. Will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Ravimasih,
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and for your comments on your experience. We are just a few minutes from the University of Miami campus and Coconut Grove is a great alternative to Coral Gables. We hope you had the opportunity during your visit to enjoy some of the many shops and restaurants within walking distance of our hotel. If not we hope you will be back again soon to visit and explore.
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We hosted a cocktail reception and seated dinner in a private room at the Sonesta in Coconut Grove in August, 2012. During planning of the event, we encountered some difficulty, but the management team acted responsibly and made every effort to host a successful evening.

The event was exceptionally well-done thanks to the catering staff at the Sonesta. Particularly, Frank, Omar and Jose did an excellent job in making our guests feel special and welcome to the well appointed private room adjacent to the Panorama Restaurant. From the standpoint of the venue, the Sonesta is a gem of a property with spectacular views from the balcony just off of the private room. Our guests were treated to excellent food, attentive service, and impeccable care from the staff. Kudos to Sonesta Coconut Grove!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Dan O,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent event at our hotel. I am pleased that your guest had such a wonderful experience. I apologize that your initial planning did not start off smoothly but I am proud that our team worked together to make it right. I will be sure to share your comments with Frank, Jose and Omar. We hope you will be back again soon to host another event or to dine with us in our Panorama Restaurant.
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Spent 3 nights there in a "deluxe" bayfront room on the 18th floor. Nice balcony and a nice view, but the room is completely "unfriendly". Huge TV and a comfy bed, but there really wasn't enough space for anything else. In fact, we were contantly in each other's way just moving around normally. Perhaps as a 1 person room it might have been tolerable. This really doesn't make sense since the closet, bathroom and an empty "closet" intended for a washer and dryer were larger than the "living" space of the room. It was sort of ridiculous. In the bathroom there were at least 4 mirrors, but there were no mirrors anywhere else in the room. Housekeeping was poor. The first day they didn't come until after 4pm, and then were indignant when we asked them to return in a few minutes, noting we were gone all day. We were rewarded by them forgetting to leave coffee, and punished when the maid turned off the air conditioner...It was September in Miami! The heat index was 99! Oh yea..the closest ice machine was on the 8th or 9th floor...we stayed on the 18th...it melted by the time you got back to your room! The pool was also around the 8th floor, but was small. and did not have alot of room for people to lounge, or so it seemed. The required valet at $23 a day is becoming the norm, but the driveway was so small, only 3 or 4 cars could be handled at once, and that was an accident waiting to happen. To their credit, the guys that worked the valet hustled and did their best, and were tipped accordingly, but they were the only smoothe part of the operation. Sorry to be negative. I have been a Sonesta fan all my life, but this was a miserable experience. With the Ritz a block or so away, and a few other nice hotels in the Grove, I would unfortunately avoid this one. They are trying, but they just don't hit the mark set by my other Sonesta experiences.

Room Tip: If the deluxe room was as small as mine, I can't imagine what definately ask for a room on the t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear beyerrd,
Please accept my apologies on behalf of the hotel that our facilities did not meet your expectations. As a boutique style property we offer a wide variety of room types all with different layouts to choose from. We appreciate your feedback as it will assist us in improving our guest experience. Although we missed the cut on this visit I hope that in the future we might have another opportunity to provide you with the experience you have come to enjoy from Sonesta.
Guatemala City, Guatemala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

the hotel has a very nice location, the is alot to see at coconut grove specialy for the night, at panorama restaurant food was very good, is a peruvian kind, and the view is spectacular! perfect for a nice lunch!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MargaretRose_CG, Manager at Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear AndreaS,
Thank you for your recent visit to our hotel. We appreciate your feedback about our restaurant Panorama with its Peruvian cuisine and amazing views of the bay. We hope to see you again soon.
Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Sonesta Hotel for 5 days and it was great. The hotel is very clean and contemporary. It has many wonderful traditional features - restaurant, pool, fitness centre etc but also located in the inviting, cozy community of Coconut Grove. So there are many great things to do around the hotel. The hotel staff was wonderful - very friendly and helpful. My suggestion is to pay a little more for a bayfront view. Also, request a full kitchen and on an upper floor .. the view was breathtaking!

Room Tip: Rooms on the Bayfront side have great views of the area and the water!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear tnaw,
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed Coconut Grove and all it has to offer within walking distance of the hotel. We agree that our bay front rooms offer outstanding views of the water but our city views offer views of some pretty spectacular sunsets. We hope you will be back soon for another visit.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

With my business in the insurance industry I travel a lot and have been in an array of four and five star hotels and am accustomed to the royal treatment. My four day stay @ the Sonesta was a remarkably wonderful experience. The staff there were fantastic. The front desk ladies were always smiling and greeting every guest that crossed their path making me feel truly welcome.
The room although not very big compared to other places I have been too but they were very clean rooms. I will say the room I stayed in had an amazing view of the
bay.

The food I ate was right up my alley. The Panorama restaurant which is
inspired by peruvian food was a delightful experience. Special shout out to
the waitress Yusime...but what impressed me overall was the banquet team.
Another shoutout to Jose and Frank for their careful attention to detail. For ensuring I as well as the other attendees were well fed and our needs met to the fullest. That type of service is hard to find but very valuable.
They put to shame the hotel which I am currently staying in. I will make sure
I return to the Sonesta next time my job takes me to Miami and will stay away
from this unnamed hotel next time I am in Los Angeles.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Monick1,
Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel and for sharing your comments. I am pleased that our Food and Beverage team made such an impression on you and that you enjoyed the offerings of Panorama Restaurant. Our entire team strives to make our guest feel welcome and at home and we are glad we were able to do this for you. We hope to see you soon.
Director of Operations

Been to Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami? Share your experiences!