“Great hotel, very elegant and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2889 McFarlane Road, Miami, FL 33133 (Coconut Grove)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free breakfast & parking!
Ranked #23 of 130 hotels in Miami
Bologna, Italy
“Great hotel, very elegant and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

The Sonesta Bayfront hotel is located in the very nice residential are of Coconut Grove. The hotel is very elegant, very clean and the rooms are quite large. The view from the rooms (we had an oceanfront suite) is breathtaking.
Within walking distance there are nice shops and restaurants. With a 15-20 min drive you get to Miami Beach and even closer is the miracle mile of Coral Gables. We definitely liked the location.

Room Tip: Very elegant and confortable hotel
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
MargaretRose_CG, Manager at Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami, responded to this review, May 8, 2011
Dear giacomellip,
We agree that the views from our guest rooms are breathtaking! Many great shots have been posted by reviewers. Thank you for your comments and we hope you will return soon.

877 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2011

The rooms are very noisy (especially on the West and South side of the hotel). If you want to get a good night sleep, do not choose this hotel. The music and dj's from neighbar bars/restaurants make a lot of noise especially between midnight and 3 am. From Thursday to Sunday it is a party here. It is no problem if you are part of the party scene.
Hotel offers ear plugs if you complaint.
Also some guest take their dog with them in a bag, while pets are not allowed in hotel.
Rooms are overpriced, if you want to stay here, wait for a special price.
Positive: The beds are comfortable & the service is very good

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Dear Jenniferwestgesst,
Please accept my apologies that your recent stay was not up to your expectations. We make every effort to minimize the effects from the nightclubs located nearby and we appreciate your feedback as it helps us continue in these efforts. Our building does have year round tenants who are permitted to have pets. Although your recent stay did not meet your expectations, we hope you will give us another opportunity to wow you with great service and comfortable accommodations the next time you are in Miami.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2011

I traveled for business and stayed at the Sonesta in Coconut Grove. The location was perfect, just a block down from the popular Cocoa Walk, and I felt very secure coming and going as a single female. The valet, front desk, security, etc always had a smile and made sure that my trip was good. I had a great sized room that overlooked part of coconut grove and the bay ... nice little balcony ... and even a kitchen for some of my own favorite foods.

As a side note, to prep for my visit, and because I needed some additional assistance, I worked with Elizabeth D and she was fantastic in setting up my stay. Not only was she available to answer questions and help before my stay, but she even emailed me my bill so that I could electronically submit it for expenses afterwards. When I came back and stayed the following week, she helped me to get a great room at the last minute.

Whenever I travel, personal attention, cleanliness, location and price are important - this hotel hit all marks.

Room Tip: Rooms with city view have a larger kitchen
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
MargaretRose_CG, Manager at Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami, responded to this review, April 24, 2011
Dear Roadsterangel,
Thank you for your comments about our great location and our smiling staff! Our reservations team is always ready to assist with special requests and last minute assistance in making your stay perfect. We look forward to your next visit.
Ottawa, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

Great hotel - a little expensive (IMO), but generally worth it. My wife stayed with me while I was in town on business. The staff were great. Particularly great were the breakfast staff in the restaurant and the pool staff - especially Alex. They couldn't do enough for us.

The view from the pool is breath-taking and the hotel conveniently located near a large number of excellent restaurants (although, again, a little on the expensive side).

rio de janeiro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel at least 8 times, maybe more. Everytime it was a very pleasurable experience. We like the Biscayne suites on the 17 line, city view, because they have bathrooms with a big window', allowing a lot of natural light, and we still have a beautifull bay view.They always accomodate our request for suites at this line.It's also a good thing that lots of people from the staff have been working there for a long time, so they call us by our names, and it feels very nice

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Windermere, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

Pleasant, helpful and efficient staff, clean rooms, nice restaurant with good food.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

I stay at Sonesta quite often, I like the location - it is walking distance to CocoWalk, restaurants, Fresh Market. The view is gourgeous, food is excellent! Lobby is inviting, smells so good! Rooms are nice ad clean. But what I like most is the service, they are very much customer oriented, very friendly and discret. I have to update my reservations very often and they have always been taken care very quickly, as I needed, just perfect. Thanks to Mrs. Dubon!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
MargaretRose_CG, Manager at Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
Dear FAoki,
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay at the Sonesta Bayfront Hotel. We appreciate your comments about our friendly team and how efficient your reservations are always handled. We look forward to your return.
Director of Operations

Been to Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami? Share your experiences!