Undecided where to stay in Miami as there are so many good hotels to choose from...originally opted for the Conrad but could not get the dates we wanted. Having read the reviews on the Hampton and the hotel being located downtown in the Financial District opted to stay here.
Glad we did...hotel is excellent all round, location takes some beating as you are close to several transport options including the very good 'free' Miami Trolley and people mover which are nearby at Brickell Station. Lots of restaurants abound to suit all tastes and the Mary Brickhill Centre with a supermarket is close by too.
Room was very good, upgrade to a suite with a kitchen counter and sink, large fridge, microwave and coffe maker. Hotel has a shop in the lobby with microwave meals and other goodies and there is a very good salad bar and a Chinese restaurant next door.
Breakfast was provided, very good selection and could not fault it other than it felt like you were eating out on a picnic as the hotel has gone green (admirable cause) and silverware etc has been replaced by recycled material...the bendy knife is not good for spreading your butter however!!
General decor of the place is bright and welcoming, hotel has gone part way down the road of the eclectic decorations of the W Hotels...great atmosphere, bright rooms and friendly staff.
Nice touch and can be found in other Hamptons is the self service laundry, always handy when you have been on the road a long time...
The only draw back during our stay was the other guests who allowed room doors to slam creating a ripple effect on the walls and in particular the nocturnal wanderer who committed this sin several times at 3 am in the morning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brickell Elegance - Priced Right.Our boutique style Hampton Inn & Suites® Miami Brickell hotel in Miami Brickell-Downtown area combines urban design, eclectic mix, contemporary art collection, Brickell elegance with the best price for the business and leisure travelers coming to Brickell area. We are located:Within walking distance to Brickell Miami's global financial hub Within 1 to 3 blocks of over 30 of the best restaurants, cafes and bars in the area Shopping and entertainment is within 1 to 3 blocks from our hotel Half-block from our front door, the FREE MetroMover expands our guests’ convenience zone to all of downtown Miami providing easy access to Bayside Marketplace, AmericanAirlines Arena, and Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts The FREE Miami Trolley stops only a couple blocks from us at Mary Brickell Village providing easy access to Bayside Marketplace, American Airlines Arena, and Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts. The MetroRail is also half-block from our front door providing easy access to Dadeland Mall, Coconut Grove, and other parts of the town. The new MetroRail Orange line connects the Miami International Airport MetroRail Station to the Brickell MetroRail Station Less than 5 minutes from the Port of Miami Just 15 minutes from Miami International Airport, Miami Beach, Aventura, Coral Gables, the Dolphin Mall, and the best South Florida Beaches Easy access to major highways: I-95, S.R. 836 (Dolphin Expressway), S.R. 826 (Palmetto Expressway), and Florida Turnpike ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown Hotel Miami
- Hampton Inn And Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown