“A Fantastic Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A Fantastic Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This hotel and the staff exceeded expectations. My wife and I was in Miami for an academic residency from Jan.11-19 being held at the Hyatt Regency, and was a little skeptical initially of the Hampton when I could not get a room at the Hyatt. This hotel had a great location and had the most accomodating staff that I have ever seen. When they heard that we did not eat beef and pork, they even made sure that we had turkey for breakfast. Special thanks to Luz, Sandra, Yanet, Sonia, Rosangeles, and Maria Roche. Leonardo even helped us with our bags as we left, and it wasn't even his job. As I said, fantastic service!!!

My only complaint was that the hotel did not allow teens to use the fitness room (if my son had come, he could not have worked out). May I suggest allowing them to use it with adult supervision? We can't wait to come back!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Eduardo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Dear Ben S,

Thank you for your very nice review and for all the compliments given. I am happy to know we exceeded your expectations. The use of the fitness room and equipment by minors is allowed only under adult supervision so, you can be with your son while he works out without any problem. I am sorry if that was not communicated properly.

We hope to see you and your family back on your next visit to Miami.

1,414 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Grandville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We enjoyed a lovely night at this stylish hotel for one night before our cruise. The hotel is fairly new and is very clean & well run. The staff is very helpful. Included in the rate was complimentary breakfast (quite good), wireless internet, and even a bottle of water & oreos waiting for us in our room. We were also given two free drink tickets for the bar, although we didn't use them. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear BudgetMama_13,

Thank you for letting us know you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would stay with us again if returning to Miami. We would love to see you back. I hope you also had a great time at your cruise.

Please keep us in mind for your next visit.

Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Excellent location, great service, very nice room and excellent breakfast. All at a very reasonable price point. Simply a great choice when traveling to Miami.

Hotel staff was very helpful and checking in and out were very quick.

We did not have time to enjoy the pool area but several other guests were definitely enjoying it!

Room Tip: Great location when cruising out of Miami. Just a few blocks from great restaurants and 3 miles fro...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear ginny s,

I hope you return with more time to relax at our rooftop pool and spa areas. I hope you had a great time at your cruise and I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us.

Looking forward to see you back soon!

Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is a higher end hotel than one expects of a Hampton in almost every regard. I suppose maybe those used to staying Brickell or similar areas may consider it a laid back standard type place, but you'd need to have some extremely high taste/expectations for that viewpoint. The only things that are 'standard' are the complementary breakfast offerings and the soaps/shampoos. Please note parking is NOT free as with most Hampton Inns, it is $18. Safe, clean, secure garage, but $18 nonetheless with no free options around that I'm aware of. Rates people were being told on the phone at the front desk of $299 seemed very high, but that may be par for the course in this area. Only reason we stayed there is that North Eastern flights were delayed due to weather so most Miami area hotels were booked up. We got a good deal with our Hilton points given we had not planned on staying there for the night but events of the day meant we weren't going to make the drive home that night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Eduardo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear bondrey,

Thank you for taking time to post this review. I sincerely appreciate your positive feedback.
I understand you had to stay with us due to the flight delay caused by weather, but hopefully you will choose to stay with us once again in the future when travel brings you back to Miami.

Until then, we remain at your service.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for two nights and it was a great experience overall. We were not wanting to spend a lot of money, but still wanted a nice hotel, and we made the right decision. The hotel is quite new and modern, with the bonus of having complimentary breakfast and wi-fi.
Don't expect too much from the breakfast, but it has enough to get you through the morning, fruit, yogurt, cereal, bread, coffee and juice.
The rooms are clean and spacious, with nice and modern decor, comfy beds, all you need for a good night sleep.
Even though you are not in Miami Beach, the Brickell area is pretty cool and trendy, with heaps of restaurants and bars around the hotel. Public transport is also a short distance from the hotel. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear FernCur,

Thank you for recognizing us as "Great hotel in Downtown Miami".
I am glad to hear we provided everything you expected and it was a great experience overall. Please keep us in mind when returning to Miami.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a brief vacation. The hotel was excellent in all respects. The lobby and common areas are elegant and tasteful (more creatively done than the standard Hampton Inn). Our room was comfortable, clean and quiet; staff were helpful and efficient; free internet worked well, and complimentary breakfast was nicely done with a good selection of hot and cold items. The outdoor pool is small but it is pleasantly situated on an attractive terrace with comfortable seating and a bar. The hotel location is terrific; walking distance to Brickell Village with many shops and restaurants. Although there is quite a bit of construction, which creates an odd atmosphere at night as large equipment and machinery tower over the streets, we felt safe walking around at night. There are several restaurants even closer to the hotel, including a fantastic restaurant called SuViche on 11th St - casual atmosphere, superb seafood, reasonable prices. We drove to South Beach (20 minutes), which we highly recommend, and also to Key Biscayne (20 minutes), which we also loved. Coconut Grove (interesting, tho a mixed bag) is a 10-minute train ride away, and there are several other sites within 20 to 30-minute drives that we just didn't have time to see. Little Havana is a long walk (about 2 miles), or an easy drive. Check out the live music in the Little Havana marketplace on the last Friday of every month.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to be better.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rebecca1921,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing such a detailed review. I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay and the surround areas. We will be looking forward to host you again during your next visit.

Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This was BY FAR the nicest Hampton Inn I have ever stayed in!!! The hotel is in a wonderful location, walking distance from anything you could want, in a hip area, and with all sorts of public transportation options as well. The service is warm, friendly, and efficient. The hotel is beautifully designed and definitely has the feel of a luxury cosmopolitan hotel. My room was on the 12th floor with wonderful views of the Miami skyline. The pool on the sixth floor connected to the indoor lobby and bar is a wonderful addition. Lots of great light, super friendly staff, wonderful art everywhere you turn. I travel a lot, both for work and personally, and I couldn't believe the quality and price of this hotel in Downtown Miami. Although it was full when I arrived, it didn't feel that way. The lobby and other areas are very generous spaces with tall ceilings, actually felt like a nice place to hang out. I even had two (casual) meetings in the sixth floor lobby. I stayed for three nights and honestly it was incredibly hard to leave. One of the things I regretted about Miami was actually that I was so busy I didn't enjoy the hotel as much as I could have! (Never made it into sixth floor hot tub, for example, which is open until 11 pm and looks out on the Miami skyline.)
I will definitely stay at this Hampton Inn any time I'm in Miami. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: I enjoyed the view from my 12th floor room!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Sarah N,

Wow, thank you for writing so many details about your stay and our property. It is truly an honor to be recognized as "Best Hampton Inn ever". I am glad to read we exceeded your expectations in all aspect. Please keep us in mind on your next trip to Miami and I hope you get to enjoy our pool/ hot tub then!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown? Share your experiences!