“Great Base in Brickell” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Arlington, Virginia
“Great Base in Brickell”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Location, location, location. There's plenty to do in the neighborhood. It's a few steps from lots of fun things including the Miami Metromover which means free and easy transport to and around downtown including venues for concerts and sports. It's also close to grocery stores for take-back-to-the-room snacks. Hotel still feels newish. It's a good value. Breakfast is better than most in this range. (Tip: Pass on what looks like croissants.) Staff is fine and friendly. Only bummer is the flow restriction on the bathroom sink. It makes no sense. Hotels know that they win few friends with waterless showers. Ditto for the sinks. God intended water to flow through faucets.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Eduardo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Culturewarveteran,

Thank you very much for writing your review and for letting us know you enjoyed your stay. As the only LEED certified hotel in the City of Miami, one of our earth friendly feature and responsibility included on the wide scope of our initiatives is water conservation. Even though the flow is somewhat reduced, the fixtures used should not allow guests to notice too much difference and it is possible that perhaps the main valve at your room could have been slightly closed by accident. I will request that all rooms are inspected to ensure they are performing 100% as designed.

1,394 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Great breakfast spread by Sandra, Yanet, Luz and Sonia. They were very attentive and went out of there way to get us everything we needed. Nice job.
The hotel location is an affordable convenient spot for the business district and to explore downtown. Nice restaurants close and a happening bar scene.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Sofia P.

Thank you so much for your kind words and for remembering the names of many of team members that assisted you during your event. It means a lot to us and I will be sharing your review with them.

Thank you for selecting our hotel for this recent and all past events during 2012. I appreciate your loyalty and want to assure you will always be able to find efficient and friendly services from our team on all your future events.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I would like to start off by saying that this hotel really wowed me. Not only is it perfectly decorated, brand new, and has a great location but the rates were very competitive compared to other hotels in the area. I was asked to host a very important workshop there this past week and I have to say that the sales department, Lourdes Beach and Christine Joo, went above and beyond to make this meeting an absolute success. From the check in to the check out, everyone was very polite and helpful. Rodney, Eric and Aleida did a fantastic job in catering to our needs. The breakfast crew Sanda, Luz and Yanet did an amazing job in assistaing us with our coffee and tea for our meeting. They were always making sure it was repleanished, hot and ready to serve. All in all the GM Mr.Eduardo Chapoval is doing a fantastic job managing this beautiful property and I want to thank each and every one of you for assisting me with the coordination to host a perfect workshop.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sofia,

I believe I accidentally selected another review when I posted my response to your review. My apologies. You will be able to read my response on the review listed above yours.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Very clean and well presented. One of the best Hampton Inns that I have stayed in, and I have stayed in many of them around the US. One thing, there is no restaurant and trying to get a delivery when you speak English is not easy, however, the reception staff are very helpful and sorted out getting me something to eat while making sure I had a drink in my hand.....

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Weechanger,

Great News! A restaurant is coming and should be in operations by September 2013 located just at the 1st floor of our hotel. Thank you for your review and for letting us know about your pleasant experience.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed overnight at this hotel to leave for a cruise the following morning. We were nervous about how busy Miami would be and if we would be able to find the hotel. Our navigation took us right to it, and it wasn't nearly as difficult to find as we had expected. The hotel was very nice and clean. The lobby and bar area were very nice. We didn't have an opportunity to use the pool, but it looked very nice and had trendy outdoor seating areas. The staff was also very helpful and attended all of our needs. The next morning, we were able to reach the Port of Miami quickly for our cruise. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Cope5,

Thank you very much for this nice review and I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay. I hope you had a great time with your cruise as well.

Please keep us in mind for future Miami trips.

Thank you.

Sewell, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Spent Thanksgiving 2012 here with my wife and mother. Relatively new hotel, I think it opened late 2011. Very nicely decorated. Love the kinetic sculpture, glass sculpture over the reception desk, and the infinite pictures. Hotel is in a 12 story building, with the rooms beginning on the 7th floor. Elevator requires a room key to get beyond the 6th floor. Sixth floor has breakfast area, bar, exercise room, meeting rooms, reception, and public PCs/printers. Hotel is <1/4 mile from MetroMover and MetroTrain stations. Staff was very attentive. Management provides a complimentary drink to each adult in party. Breakfast is standard Hampton affair. Coffee available 24/7.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Eduardo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear SJClyde,

Thank you for such a nice review. I am glad to read you noticed all our original artwork displayed throughout our lobby.

One correction I must make is that our hotel is actually 15 story building and not 12. Every guestroom floor elevator landing area has a unique and different scene of our city.

We hope to see you back in Miami soon!

Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Having business in the Miami area, I've had to travel to the area a number of times in the last two months. Though skeptical of the name, I was able to get a great deal on the room in what I knew to be a great location my first stay. I was definitely impressed. The rooms were clean, included a buffet hot breakfast, complimentary in-room internet, and the package included free parking (normally $18/night). Also, the location was perfect with numerous spots for dining/drinks within walking distance.

After my first stay, there was no question that I would stay there again for my second stay. Though I couldn't find any packages similar to the first trip, I was able to talk to the manager, who comped my parking due to the number of nights I've stayed at the establishment, and was again happy.

Unfortunately, my most recent trip was last minute, and the room rates forced me to stay at the Hilton Miami International Airport. What a mistake! Any savings of staying in the much less desirable area were nickel & dimed out of me with parking fees (why-there's nothing around there), in-room internet fees, breakfast fees, etc..

I've learned my lesson and I'll be staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites - Brickell from now on!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear AntuanyS,

While the other hotels near us charge parking fees starting at $26 per night and up, we are happy to offer fast and convenient parking for just $18. Using our parking, guests can easily go from their rooms to their cars in seconds and without the delays and hassles of valets.

Thank you so much for your repeat business and for taking the time to write your review. We look forward to seeing you with us again soon.

Eduardo Chapoval, CHA

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown? Share your experiences!