“Amazing for a Hampton Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Book now and save 15%
Ranked #1 of 130 hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Greenwich, CT
“Amazing for a Hampton Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

After reading all the reviews here, and wanting to stay in budget hotel, we chose this Hampton Inn. As all the other reviewers have said; it's very clean, very comfortable nice rooms. The pool is small, but heated and has a fun downtown, contemporary hip feel - like some of the Miami Beach Hotels. The only somewhat annoying thing is that every time I got back to the room there was a red light flashing that I had a message. All these messages were from the Hampton Inn staff with automated welcome messages, etc. I don't want to see a red flashing light on my phone unless it's an emergency or friend/family calling.

The breakfast hot items were pretty bad, as were the baked good, but what do you expect for the price? Stick with yogurt, fruit, cereal, oatmeal and the make-your-own waffles. It's still a great deal.

FYI if you are going to Marlins Game: One of the reasons we picked this place was because everyone said it was so easy to get to Marlins Stadium. FYI - it's not that easy. We had a car, but didn't want to drive. The taxi took about 35 minutes and was $20. We tried the public trolley/train think on the way home and that was a DISASTER - don't do it unless you don't mind getting home at midnight. We had to wait a really long time for the trolley after the game (even though the Hampton Inn desk person said it's right there waiting when you get out.) Then, we just missed a train and the next one wasn't coming for 30 minutes.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
Dear valerieleigh,

Thank you so much for writing your review as it is always good to learn from our guests what can be done to improve their experience. I was glad to read your stay at our hotel was enjoyable at that we met your expectations.

The trolley services to the Stadium is just one of the many ways to get there from our hotel but it is a free service provided by the City. Unfortunately it is still a new service and I am sure it will improve with time. The schedules we give to our clients are provided by the City and we have absolutely no control over it and I believe there was a serious accident at the end of one of the recent games that delayed traffic in that area for a while and that could possibly had been the cause of the delay you encountered. In any case, we apologize for that and hope you try us again in the future.

General Manager.

1,420 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Dania Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

Stayed one night at this hotel over the weekend and I walked away completely impressed. Typically I trust this brand for it's quality and value hotels, but this is way over the top.
The room and bathroom was super clean and well equipped (iron, hair dryer, etc) the bed was very comfortable, wireless internet is included and available everywhere.
The location couldn't be better: just blocks away from Brickell village with plenty food and entertainment choices, public transportation is also available a block awa and attractions such as the new Marlins park, downtown Miami, bayside, and south beach are easily within reach at very low cost.

The value is exceptional: this place feels like it was just opened for business last week, everything is brand new and very well kept, and the staff is very friendly and professional. The pool, gym, lobby, bar, are all very conveniently located and well stocked/equipped. Parking on bottom floors is cheaper than public parking available everywhere around the area.

No question about it, best place in the area and my only choice going forward. Thank your for a great experience!

Room Tip: My room was on the ninth floor and it was quiet and had a great view.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear idg29,

Wow! Thank you so much for such detailed review and for selecting our hotel on your future trips to Miami. It means a lot to us.

We are glad we exceeded your expectations and we'll be looking forward to seeing you with us again soon!

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Stayed at the Hampton Inn for 12 nights. Coming from Australia didn't know what to expect about the area, but Brickell is a high end business type suburb. So the surroundings are great! A nice clean high profile area. walking distance to Mary brickell shopping village, and the great La Piola restaurant.

Rooms are very comfy, speedy WiFi and neat bathrooms, pool & spa very relaxing. Housekeeping does a fantastic job. After spending all day out, it's nice to come back to a new room each night.

Breakfast was very good too, except sleeping in cost us a few morning feeds. All staff very friendly, courteous and helpful.

Would definitely stay here again if in Miami in the future.

Room Tip: There is no in house room service, but the zen sushi lounge provides free delivery and has great foo...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Zachary D,

Thank you for visiting our hotel and for staying in Miami for 12 nights. I hope the weather was nice for the duration of your trip and that you enjoyed all that Miami has to offer.

Thank you for your review and we hope you come back to visit us again in the future.

Anytown
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

As others have mentioned, this hotel still looks and feels brand new. The interior of the rooms are great. My room had a 42 or maybe 47" LCD TV. It was a nice upgrade from the normal 32" you find in most hotels. I would recommend asking for a room away from the elevator and ice machine. It can be quite noisy and I woke up at least once each night.

Parking was great. The first five floors are a parking garage and you use your key card to get in and out.

Food options are good. This hotel is about two blocks from an outdoor mall called The Shops at Mary Brickell Village.

I normally avoid the Hampton Inn breakfast and try to find somewhere else eat in the mornings. This wasn't possible due to the location. However, the breakfast area was very good. They have waffle machines that I used each morning. There are two coffee area and one was kept running into the evening. Everything else looked very good and as expected.

Check-in wasn't great because it took longer than it usually does at a Hampton Inn or other Hilton hotel. I checked in at the main lobby on floor 6. They did not have my room selected and keys ready like most Hilton properties do for Diamond members. I was happy they upgraded me for free and I did not have to ask. I'll be back and see if this was just a fluke. They did not check my profile and select a room away from the elevator and I imagine this is somehow tied to the fact they did not block my room in advance.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Jimpeterson,

Thank you so much for your review, for staying with us and for being a Hilton HHonors member. I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay and our services and that our breakfast exceeded your expectations. I also would like to apologize for the the longer check in time than usual for an HHonors member. In our hotel, we need to ask upon arrival if our guests will be using our parking facilities or not and depending on the usage, the proper keys are issued. Again, sorry for the extra delay but this ensures there are no errors on the bill.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

My employees and I have stayed here quite regularly over the past several months while working on a project in the Brickell area.. . The staff is very professional, helpful, AND very friendly. The breakfast crew (Luz, Sandra,Sonia, and Janet) are great and keep the cafe in top shape. The bartenders are exceptional especailly Brianna. The staff at the front desk are five star! I am thinking of bringing my family back here for vacation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Larry A,

Thank you so much for considering bringing your family during a future trip and for the nice comments about our hotel and staff. I will share your review with our crew during our next staff meeting and they will be thrilled to read it.

Our location and facilities are ideal for both business and leisure guests so that no matter the purpose of your visit, you'll be guaranteed to have a great stay and a great time with us.

We'll be looking forward to seeing you soon.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

Typically I stay only at Hampton. The "Brickle" experience was terrific. Great modern ambience. Walking distance (2.5 blocks) to the Brickle Village shopping and great food venues. Outdoor cafes and bars. Hampton service was excellent. Great breakfast. Excellent workout facility. Nice neighborhood to walk or jog. Staff made arrangements for van to the Port for our cruise. Very modern feel to furnishings. Wife loved the bedding. Very comfortable. This was the nicest Hampton I have stayed at. Nice views too.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on one of the upper floors. Better views. Remember, the check-in desk is on the...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mark T,

Thank you for the compliments. It is great to hear feedback from our guests and to feel rewarded when we read we are doing a good job.
We hope to see you back soon!

Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We are a family of 5, and stayed here the night before our cruise. We had two rooms, and both were well above average. The service was very friendly, detailed, and eager. The rooms were very clean, smelled clean, and everything in good maintenance. There are 30 eateries within 8 blocks of the hotel, as well as shopping, monorail, bus, and grocery store. Checking your email or the internet is no problem here. There is WIFI in the rooms, and the business center has 6 computer terminals.
The true test of a good hotel is how well you sleep. Isn't that the whole reason you booked a hotel? The mattresses were new and comfortable, and the linen was spectacular! I did not toss and turn all night, like in most hotels. I slept all night through and woke up refreshed. My husband suffers sleep deprivation and he slept like a baby. He wanted to ask if he could buy the comforter.
It rained the night that we were there, so we didn't get to use the pool. It was a really cool, roof-top pool with a hot tub and lighted water feature. It is also attached to the bar, with plenty of modern seating. I could imagine relaxing by the pool with a pina colada.
The breakfast put our stay over the top. There were at least 3 breakfast room attendants. Everything stayed well stocked, hot, and visually appealing. You did not feel like you were getting the left-over from the huge crowd. Fresh fruit, waffles, omelets, bagels, sweet rolls, breakfast meats, juices, muffins, hot cereals, cold cereals. Tables were bussed quickly, and the attentive staff even cleared the plates as we finished them. There were at least 20 full tables at all times, so I was very impressed at their efficiency.
I searched hotels and guest comments for over an hour before I booked this one. My family wonders how I always find the best places to stay and the best deals. If you are reading this , save yourself time, book this hotel now before they get filled up! I will stay here again and use this for our family reunion cruise hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Tina O,

Thank you very much for your detailed review. We could certainly appoint you as our official guest spokesperson!

Thank you for staying with us and for recommending us to others. We will be looking forward to see you again on a future trip.

Eduardo Chapoval, CHA

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown? Share your experiences!