“Great surprise” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
SP
“Great surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

When we booked a downtown hotel we didn't know what to expect, we wanted to stay in South Beach but most hotels were sold out. What a nice surprise! The area around the hotel is just GREAT, full of nice restaurants, a Publix supermarket an shops within walking distance. The hotel itself is new , modern and eco-friendly which means a lot to me, personally.
The reception guy was really friendly and helpful, our room was spotless, very clean. All brand new fixtures, carpet, everything. And it was very very quiet.
The bathroom had a massage shower head, bed was heaven.
For the price we payed it was a great surprise. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Eduardo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Dear Jen_sp

Thank you so much for your review as it meant a lot to us. Guest satisfaction is our number one goal and I was glad to read we met your expectations.

I hope to meet you in person during your next visit.

Eduardo Chapoval, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

We chose to stay at the Hampton Inn Miami - Brickell Downtown for our two night pre-cruise stay. Our cab from MIA was $30 with tip. The hotel has only been open since November 2011, so we understood when the cab driver didn’t quite know what hotel I was talking about! Luckily I had the actual street address, which helped him. We arrived at the Hotel at about 8:30pm and were given a beautiful room on the top floor (the 16th floor). We could even see a bit of Brickell Bay out our window, which I didn’t expect.

I wouldn’t hesitate to book this hotel again for a pre-cruise stay. The newness of the hotel itself is definitely a draw, and the convenience of the location makes it a ridiculously easy choice to make. The pool area is beautiful, and the Lobby bar looks out onto it. The bar stayed open until the pool closed at 11. Loved that. For dinner, we walked over to Mary Brickell Village and ate at Burger & Beer Joint. AWESOME! Excellent burgers...rare beers that I have a hard time finding where we live.

My only complaint about the hotel was the breakfast. I am HHonors Gold, and do stay at quite a few Hampton Inns. I am usually happy with the free breakfast, but even going down for breakfast at 8:30 both mornings, we were greeted with an empty vat of oatmeal, and NO bananas. Two things I eat for breakfast every morning! We actually laughed about the fact that we were in Miami and there were no bananas. We were there just before the Miami Marathon, so we thought maybe the runners bought out the whole city. :)

During our free day in Miami (Friday), we hopped on the Metromover (just steps from the hotel) and rode it down to Omni Station, where we boarded the Beach Max #120 -- limited stops to South Beach for $2. It was a quick trip out to the beach. We ate at Front Porch Cafe, strolled along the sand, did a fair amount of people watching, and then headed back out and found a bus stop back to downtown. There are also two Publix supermarkets within walking distance, so we were able to buy some items for the cruise.

The shuttle to the Port of Miami was $8 per person.

If we ever cruise out of Miami again, we will definitely stay here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Eduardo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown, responded to this review, February 14, 2012
Dear AMCCMC,

Thank you for your review and for your business. Yes, you are correct, the two items missing at the breakfast was in great demand by the runners and specially because we opened our breakfast earlier than usual to accommodate the runners schedule. We are a new hotel and still learning from our guests to improve.

I guarantee that this issue has been resolved and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Again, thank you for contributing with your information and for staying with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

Great location. Plenty of interesting eateries, pubs, etc. Within walking distance. Bartender, Tiffany is an added perk providing a werm welcome to old and new travelers alike. I look forward to my next trip.

• Stayed February 2012
Eduardo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown, responded to this review, February 12, 2012
Dear jjusmcret,

Thank you for staying at our hotel and for your nice review. I will share your comments with Tiffany as I know she will be very happy to know she was named by you.

I hope to see you soon.

Giengen an der Brenz, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a week and a half in late January due to work and the nearness of the hotel to where I needed to stay. Personnel was attentive and diligent. Rooms where always clean and the people in charge of cleaning the room everyday paid attention to details. I will look to stay at this hotel when I am back to Miami and I can recommend it without reserve.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Jose Roberto V,

I was so happy to read we fulfilled all your hospitality needs during your stay. We will be looking forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Miami.

Thank you for writing your review and for your business.

Chicago area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

This is a great location near downtown. It's slightly outside the downtown center, but at a lower price and with lots of perks. The hotel just opened a few months ago, so everything is new and looks/works great. The complimentary breakfast was really good - many hot and cold options. You also get a free drink ticket for the hotel bar at check-in. My room was very comfortable and had complimentary toiletries in the bathroom. The eco-friendly touches are nice - low flow fixtures, reminders to hang up your towel rather than having it replaced every day, etc. It's just a couple minute walk from the MetroMover and Metro train stations, making it easy to get anywhere downtown from the hotel (and the MetroMover is free). There's a cute little bar/restaurant district just a few blocks away. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Miami.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear tweeter_23,

Wow, thank you for writing so many details about your stay and our property. I am gald to read we exceeded your expectations.

Please keep us in mind on your nect trip to Miami.

Brasilia, DF
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Brickell for 6 nights (1/22 – 1/28/2012). We arrived early in the morning, after a cruise, so we need to leave our luggage at the hotel greeting area on the first floor because there is no room available at that moment. The first five floors are parking spaces and the hotel lobby itself as well as the breakfast area were located on the 6th floor. The room was spacious and clean with very comfortable beds. The bathroom is functional and clean (it would be better if more hangers were available). There is a metromover station (downtown Miami free transportation vehicle) and a Metrorail (subway) station on the corner as well as lots of restaurants nearby. Two Publix (supermarket) are also available at two/three blocks of distance. There is a very nice business centre at the 6th floor with five computers and two laser printer connected to the Internet. You will need your room key in order to operate the elevators (a security plus). Our room was always perfect when we returned. The breakfast was very nice. The check out was fast and efficient - you just need to leave your room key at garage exit, if you booked with a credit card. A final account statement is available at your room in the last morning. We will certainly stay at Hamptonn Inn Downtown/Brickell again and would recommend it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Estimada Odarci,

Thank you from visiting us all the way from Brazil. I see you noticed many of our features, including the usage of the room key to activate the elevators among other things. Safety and security of our guests is very important to us.

We hope to see you back in the future.

Obrigado!

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

This is our last night of 4 here and overall it is been very pleasant. However, when I arrived, my bathroom counter had obviously not been cleaned - there was dried up makeup or toothpaste left on it. The next morning I had just gotten out of the shower when housekeeping knocked - I had the privacy lock on - I told him I was just out of the shower. He laughed and said that is all that I have to say. BUT, 5 or 6 more very loud knocks came over the next 20 minutes, all housekeeping. That same morning, our towels were taken but not replenished, so we had to go to the front desk for more that evening. When we complained of all of these, we were told that our stay would be completely free. If this is true, I will most definitely recommend this hotel and will return on future business trips.
The bed is one of the most comfortable and everyone was very friendly and incredibly helpful, making my stay in a faraway city less stressful.
Location was good with the free metromover a short walk away and plenty of places to choose from to eat.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Tina C,

Thank you for writing your detailed review about your recent stay and I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. The total satisfaction of our guests is our sole commitment and I was glad to hear we applied our 100% satisfaction guarantee to your bill as a way to express how sorry we were.

Please keep us in mind for the future.

Eduardo Chapoval, CHA

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Miami/Brickell-Downtown? Share your experiences!