It is difficult to know what to say about this hotel having stayed there with my partner for 5 nights in April on a short break before moving on to NY for a business trip. The rooms are spacious and the bathrooms are a treat. That is the best feature of this hotel. The hotel is situated in barren condo land in the financial district. The guests are definitely of the large chain variety -families etc. As a luxury hotel, it just doesn't quite click.The service is patchy. For example, we had to call for our bags to be delivered to the room. We would have done it ourselves but they had been whipped away when we checked in and then they were forgotten. In the Martini Bar, after ordering and receiving our drinks, we asked for water but it did not arrive, even after "Certainly". On the other hand, the young woman on duty mornings at the Concierge's office is excellent.
The biggest disappointment is the food. The breakfast is very poor value for money (72 USD for two) with different and therefore additional prices for hot and cold buffets which means you pay a separate and additional price, if you have eggs. The breakfast is very average for this class of hotel with quite poor quality bread and eggs. Hot chocolate and a single portion of toast late in the evening cost 20USD. You are better off leaving the hotel, crossing the road and grabbing breakfast in the local gourmet supermarket.
The spa is phenomenally overpriced e.g. 271USD for a massage and you have to arrive 45 minutes before an appointment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, Oasis Beach Club, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tablet Hotels, Hotels.com, Mandarin Oriental, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com and Tingo so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental