Attended the hotel on a business trip combined with some pleasure with my pregnant wife.
Called hotel concierge a day in advance and booked a prenatal spa treatment for my wife. Explained that she would be checking in ahead of me and should be told upon check in that her husband had given her a gift of massage and she should book a time of her choosing.
Called wife and found that this was not communicated. Called concierge to confirm that they did not communicate this to her-asked that they send a bellman up to her room to hand-deliver the message. They did send someone but they enclosed it in a sealed envelope with my name on it-my wife doesnt open my mail especially when I am on business. The concierge was unapologetic, unwilling to make any concessions and generally unresponsive to my requests.
I wont stay there again. After reading other reviews-its no surprise that my experience is similar to other people's in remarkably similar circumstances.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary in design and with a prominent waterfront location, the luxurious Mandarin Oriental, Miami features 326 elegant guest rooms and suites - offering dramatic views of the bay and the Miami skyline. Amenities include signature restaurants Azul and La Mar by Gaston Acurio, MO Bar + Lounge - a dynamic cocktail lounge, an award-winning tri-level spa, Oasis Beach Club, the luxury boutique Shanghai Tang and extensive meeting and business facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Mandarin Oriental, Tingo, Otel, Venere, Travelocity and getaroom.com so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Miami Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Miami
- Mandarin Miami
- Miami Mandarin Oriental